• This topic is locked This topic is locked
175 replies to this topic

#111 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 07:35 AM

This is an old video btw. Ellie recycling his own stuff.

The more i watch footage (not this one of course), the more i feel Mikey has a chance. That said, I'm still not picking him to win. 

As for Thurman being the top dog, theoretically it's true but nobody is factoring in the fact that Spence WANTS to fight those guys who would improve his resume and they clearly don't want to fight him. So yea, Thurman has the better resume. Thurman is "the guy" in the division. But you shouldn't get to stay the guy if someone is ready willing and able to fight you and you want every fight BUT him. It's kinda like Anthony Joshua. At some point, him not wanting to fight Wilder, Fury or even Ortiz has to tarnish his reign as HW king.

In terms of Thurman's last fight. Fans should not be giving him shit because he didn't come in, of a long layoff, and blow away his competition. That's casual nonsense. That said, this isn't the first time Keith has looked bad vs a guy everyone thought he'd mow down. Keith struggles with in your face fighters who can take a punch and throw to the body. Ironically, who is the best body puncher in the division?

Edited by Franchize, 16 February 2019 - 07:35 AM.

• The Original MrFactor likes this

#112 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,690 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 10:44 PM

I think Spence is a bit miffed that people are doubting him. More people are saying Mikey is going to win. I have my money on Spence (500). It's not even the size that got me, it's Spence's mentality. Dude is a muthafucka in the ring. Not saying Mikey don't have the tools but the way Spence demolished Special K was like damn. His body shots etc. The only thing is Spence starts out slow. Mikey can have earlier success but once Spence closes that gap and starts finding his range MAN DOWN! Truly amped for this fight.
  • AZWildCat likes this

#113 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 06:57 AM

Well your right he is miffed,and with good reason, but It could hurt more than help

Edited by AZWildCat, 18 February 2019 - 01:17 PM.

#114 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 07:40 AM

Spence's jab as a range finder will determine how this fight will play out. If he he finds that distance to punch n not get punched consistently, i dont see how Mikey wins. Mikey is going to have to catch and counter to win. 

• AZWildCat likes this

#115 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,690 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 09:22 AM

Spence's jab as a range finder will determine how this fight will play out. If he he finds that distance to punch n not get punched consistently, i dont see how Mikey wins. Mikey is going to have to catch and counter to win.

He stalked the fuck out of Kell. I don't think Mikey has the punching power to really bother Spence. However accuracy wins fights.

#116 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 01:45 PM

If he does what he's supposed to do Mikey shouldn't have a chance.

He stalked the fuck out of Kell. I don't think Mikey has the punching power to really bother Spence. However accuracy wins fights.

If we look back at the broner fight Adrien was never hurt but he did respect the punch enough to block and get out the way. It wasn't like he was taking shots to give some. Go to Easter and Rob was clowning Mikey whole camp said he looked weak and couldn't punch....he found respect early and maintained it. I don't think Mikey can hurt him, but he doesn't have to all Mikey need to do is stick n move intelligently.

#117 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:06 AM

If Mikey beats Spence, I think he should be p4p top 3. 

• AZWildCat likes this

#118 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,944 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:44 AM

Scary when you think about it, right? Lol

I just don't know why Mikey didn't start this road to 147 about 3 or 4 fights ago. I don't like the idea of guys trying to be a totally different fighter and the top dawg in a heavier division in a matter of 3 or 4 months. Smh

#119 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:04 AM

Scary when you think about it, right? Lol

I just don't know why Mikey didn't start this road to 147 about 3 or 4 fights ago. I don't like the idea of guys trying to be a totally different fighter and the top dawg in a heavier division in a matter of 3 or 4 months. Smh

I think everyone questions his head but certainly not his heart. Kudos to him for challenging himself. It wasn't like he couldn't sell ticket fighting someone else. 

• AZWildCat likes this

#120 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:02 PM

I concur

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users