• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 05:11 PM

Mikey asked for this and honestly I don't know why. Still can't figure it out. Spence starts off slow, so maybe the first rounds will be a feeling out process. But I see this going like Khan and Canelo.

I'm still wondering the same damn thing (why he chose this fight), but hey...I guess he knows what he sees and all I can do is go with it. 

#22 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 08:35 AM

IF Mikey pulls this off, it might be one of the greatest upsets in the last 2 decades...no?  :pardon: Not that Spence has an extraordinary fan base or resume but considering his skill, size and power, to be a top tier WW when you're a blown up 135 lber, that's remarkable. 

• The Original MrFactor likes this

#23 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,061 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:31 AM

A single round????

People act like he can't walk himself into traps

It's not going to happen the way people are expecting. I was the lone one telling everyone cotto would stop Sergio and I was called delusional. Don't sleep on Mikey chances

Are you picking Mikey to win? If so, how do you see the fight playing out. When I think of Mikey winning, he'd have to fight the perfect fight in order to do so. It would look something like a Paul Williams vs Carlos Quintana or Paul Williams vs Erislandy Lara. Its possible, buy unlikely for Mikey to win. The difference in those fights being that Spence is no where near as sloppy as Williams was.

• MAHDI likes this

#24 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 02:55 PM

Unless Spence is hurt, not himself or Garcia becomes Mayweather by fight night he has no chance accept the proverbial "Anything can happen in a fight" barring that I expect a Lamont Peterson beat down- Peterson himself would give Garcia problems---Garcia is good but a bit overrated because of ethnicity  in my view--- He did not overwhelm Broner  and he sure is hell is not overwhelming Spence

Edited by MAHDI, 12 December 2018 - 02:56 PM.

• AZWildCat likes this

#25 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,221 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 11:10 PM

Are you picking Mikey to win? If so, how do you see the fight playing out. When I think of Mikey winning, he'd have to fight the perfect fight in order to do so. It would look something like a Paul Williams vs Carlos Quintana or Paul Williams vs Erislandy Lara. Its possible, buy unlikely for Mikey to win. The difference in those fights being that Spence is no where near as sloppy as Williams was.

Am I picking Mikey?, I'm not picking either because as a fan first I'm winning regardless. Two I'm a fan of both and like boths chances. I see the fight going 3 different ways
1 Mikey fights defensively all night using his and his teams boxing iq to execute a game plan in a weakness they say they see in Spence arsenal. Possibly landing a few highlight shots along the way to a tight boring decision

2 Mikey fights in same fashion only to sucum to Spence size advantage in the later rds(9-12)

3 Spence sends a message and Sparks him in 30 seconds.

#26 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,221 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 11:31 PM

Unless Spence is hurt, not himself or Garcia becomes Mayweather by fight night he has no chance accept the proverbial "Anything can happen in a fight" barring that I expect a Lamont Peterson beat down- Peterson himself would give Garcia problems---Garcia is good but a bit overrated because of ethnicity  in my view--- He did not overwhelm Broner  and he sure is hell is not overwhelming Spence

Overrated? He's beating other champs and and a handful of them where undefeated.
Moves up in weight and fights big names I mean if there's someone else at 135 to 140 that's better than him please enlighten us. Being Mexican only makes him more popular with Mexicans, don't make it easier to say he's better than he really is.

And he never had to overwhelm broner but he did control broner
He did chase broner down
And yes he might not have knocked him down but he damn sure got his respect! Broner wasn't trying to walk Garcia down. And couldn't over power him. But that's beside the point, because he doesn't have to overwhelm, he just needs to set pace and control ring movement
  • MAHDI likes this

#27 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 05:35 PM

Overrated? He's beating other champs and and a handful of them where undefeated.
Moves up in weight and fights big names I mean if there's someone else at 135 to 140 that's better than him please enlighten us. Being Mexican only makes him more popular with Mexicans, don't make it easier to say he's better than he really is.

And he never had to overwhelm broner but he did control broner
He did chase broner down
And yes he might not have knocked him down but he damn sure got his respect! Broner wasn't trying to walk Garcia down. And couldn't over power him. But that's beside the point, because he doesn't have to overwhelm, he just needs to set pace and control ring movement

Maybe I am reacting to someone calling him the "Hispanic Mayweather"... I just feel Spence is a superior talent.. gifted beyond what Garcia has seen or dealt with. I expect a Lamont Peterson beat down because he will not be able to set pace or control ring movement. Spence is too good, too strong, determined to be great

#28 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,221 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 10:36 PM

Maybe I am reacting to someone calling him the "Hispanic Mayweather"... I just feel Spence is a superior talent.. gifted beyond what Garcia has seen or dealt with. I expect a Lamont Peterson beat down because he will not be able to set pace or control ring movement. Spence is too good, too strong, determined to be great

can't argue the fact because he is a talent, a superior one is something that remains to be tested. Spence's chances are far better than Garcia's to win, but just like in any situation an underdog is a dangerous dog.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users