• This topic is locked This topic is locked
175 replies to this topic

#31 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 10:47 AM

I thank Spence for making the fight happen but he's not gonna get the same credit or the credit your speaking of.

Agreed. Just as has been the case. Garcia is going to get beheaded bar Spence injury, luck punch landing etc... and once he beheads Garcia people will still doubt him despite the trail of boxing roadkill he leaves

#32 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 11:30 PM

Do you think he stops Porter Swift Thurman as well
  • MAHDI likes this

#33 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 12:57 PM

Do you think he stops Porter Swift Thurman as well

Porter definitely... Thurman most probably seeing that an aged Collazo almost stopped him with  a body shot. Honestly the only chance Porter has is to duplicate his Garcia performance and then some. Porter is not a big puncher and I see him getting beat down against Spence who has more evasiveness and methodical slickness to setting up his body shots than given credit for. Garcia is good but seems to be a bit lazy in the ring, I think he would give Spence a better fight than Porter. Thurman has legs and Spence would have to chase RUNTIME down. People act like Floyd did not say this guy Spence was the Truth... and this after going at it with him. Mikey Garcia underestimates what he is about to face. I expect an Algeri type ending LMAO

Edited by MAHDI, 28 December 2018 - 01:00 PM.

#34 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,289 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 01:11 PM

Agreed. Just as has been the case. Garcia is going to get beheaded bar Spence injury, luck punch landing etc... and once he beheads Garcia people will still doubt him despite the trail of boxing roadkill he leaves

Man listen, I get that you're a Spence fan, but you can't give him W's for fights he hasn't even fought yet. According to you, every titleholder at 147 just needs to hand their belt over to Spence....not a proper assessment at all. 

We've seen it time and time again....the "unstoppable" fighter begins to slow down or exposed when his level of competition raises. D. Garcia (two division champ), M. Garcia (4 division champ but is way too small for this fight), Porter (two time WW champ) and Thurman (unified belts at WW by facing top guys) aren't just gonna go in there and lay down. 

We can't say the Charlos are hyped, but give Spence undeniable credit for his "resume". It simply doesn't work that way. The above mentioned fighters will bring their fight game and experience to the table and THEN we'll see how Spence deals with it. 

Seriously man, you gotta chill the "beheading" comments though. Lol

• MAHDI likes this

#35 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,289 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 01:15 PM

Porter definitely... Thurman most probably seeing that an aged Collazo almost stopped him with  a body shot. Honestly the only chance Porter has is to duplicate his Garcia performance and then some. Porter is not a big puncher and I see him getting beat down against Spence who has more evasiveness and methodical slickness to setting up his body shots than given credit for. Garcia is good but seems to be a bit lazy in the ring, I think he would give Spence a better fight than Porter. Thurman has legs and Spence would have to chase RUNTIME down. People act like Floyd did not say this guy Spence was the Truth... and this after going at it with him. Mikey Garcia underestimates what he is about to face. I expect an Algeri type ending LMAO

See, this is what I have a problem with. Didn't Floyd say the same about Chad Dawson years back? We ALL know Floyd sometimes says things just to say them. 

Spence is "the truth" according to Floyd because of Floyd's massive ego and rocking a black eye after sparring Spence. I believe he honestly said that to cover his own tail, versus truly believing it. 

And it's funny how sparring matters when it comes to one's favorite fighter, but any other time, sparring is "just sparring" and it "shouldn't be taken literally" when predicting a pro fight. Some people do the same with Compubox numbers when their favorite fighter's win or loss is up for debate.

#36 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,289 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 01:18 PM

At this point, I believe Keith beats Spence. I think most are writing Keith off and forgetting what he's actually done in the ring. I get it, he does talk a lot and doesn't fight enough nowadays, but the proof is in the pudding. Power, agility, and use of the ring on Thurman's part may be a major obstacle for Spence. 

#37 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 04:43 PM

I am giving Spence credit for what he has done and Thurman etc have not gone near him lol. Props to Mikey. I am like Andre Ward in not seeing what he sees in regards to Spence and by the way, Floyd was speaking on experiencing Spence toe to toe. He never did that with Chad but when Chad was in Sr Mayweather stall he was in fact the truth.

#38 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 04:47 PM

At this point, I believe Keith beats Spence. I think most are writing Keith off and forgetting what he's actually done in the ring. I get it, he does talk a lot and doesn't fight enough nowadays, but the proof is in the pudding. Power, agility, and use of the ring on Thurman's part may be a major obstacle for Spence.

The Black Buddha narrowly got passed Danny and he went life and death with Porter. I like Keif but dude doesn't have the KO power he thinks he has. The fight will be interesting if it ever happens. I think Spence's activity and determination pulls him through.
  • MAHDI likes this

#39 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 04:47 PM

I am giving Spence credit for what he has done and Thurman etc have not gone near him lol. Props to Mikey. I am like Andre Ward in not seeing what he sees in regards to Spence and by the way, Floyd was speaking on experiencing Spence toe to toe. He never did that with Chad but when Chad was in Sr Mayweather stall he was in fact the truth.

Lets see if Thurman is still any good lol...Runtime lol...

#40 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,536 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 08:28 PM

Im still picking Spence to beat Mikey, but I think if and when Spence gets beat, it will be in a fashion Jermell got beat. If there's a critique I've maintained about Spence, it's that he could stand to improve his head movement and angles. He's always on a straight line. He does use his guard a lot better than Jermell but your guard aint gonna block everything, unless you're Winky Wright lol

• Cshel86, MAHDI and KSUN247 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users