• This topic is locked This topic is locked
175 replies to this topic

#41 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,289 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:23 AM

The Black Buddha narrowly got passed Danny and he went life and death with Porter. I like Keif but dude doesn't have the KO power he thinks he has. The fight will be interesting if it ever happens. I think Spence's activity and determination pulls him through.

Nope. I'm gonna stop you right there. Listen to what you're saying here....

You can't say that Keith "narrowly got past" Danny because most didn't really think Danny won the fight and went life and death with Porter, and downplay it. Point is, he fought both of them...and won! Period. 

Thing is, you may wanna put your hardcore boxing hat back on and stop looking for KOs in fights just because guys advertise it...you're starting to sound like a causal fan. 

If you look closely at both fights, Keith is able to mix up his shots and set up shots that he appears to "wing" in order to score points. He landed some wild shots on Danny and tuned Porter up pretty good. Both fights weren't as easy. 

#42 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,289 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:26 AM

I am giving Spence credit for what he has done and Thurman etc have not gone near him lol. Props to Mikey. I am like Andre Ward in not seeing what he sees in regards to Spence and by the way, Floyd was speaking on experiencing Spence toe to toe. He never did that with Chad but when Chad was in Sr Mayweather stall he was in fact the truth. Lets see if Thurman is still any good lol...Runtime lol...

I mean, you're literally giving him W's for fights (Danny, Porter, and Thurman) because those guys "appear" to not wanna fight him. Point is, he needs to continue fighting and fighting often until those fights materialize. 

I'm just not sold on the "He's running from guy x,y, and z" because they'll definitely have to meet one day. I'm also hearing guys say Spence needs these fights at WW because he probably won't be able to make the weight much longer. Whose fault is that? 

#43 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,289 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:27 AM

I just don't like this fight at all. Period. I'm seeing Mikey "bulk up" and it's hard to watch...this one shouldn't even be happening. 

#44 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 03:07 PM

Besides Bud Crawford, Mikey is the only guy to date to call out Spence. The Bud fight won't happen anytime soon, so let's see what Mikey brings to the table. I still got Robert throwing in the towel for the corner stoppage. Just hope it's a good one and not a total squash match.
  • AZWildCat likes this

#45 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,777 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 03:18 PM

[quote name="Cshel86" post="638411" timestamp="1546525386"]Nope. I'm gonna stop you right there. Listen to what you're saying here....

You can't say that Keith "narrowly got past" Danny because most didn't really think Danny won the fight and went life and death with Porter, and downplay it. Point is, he fought both of them...and won! Period. 

Thing is, you may wanna put your hardcore boxing hat back on and stop looking for KOs in fights just because guys advertise it...you're starting to sound like a causal fan. 

If you look closely at both fights, Keith is able to mix up his shots and set up shots that he appears to "wing" in order to score points. He landed some wild shots on Danny and tuned Porter up pretty good. Both fights weren't as easy.
[/quote
Thurman and Danny was a close fight, I would of been cool with a draw. He beat Porter fair and square however Keith builds his entire resume on being One Time, ok cool, let's see that one time ko punch. It was just like Roach saying Pac was going for the KO, ok, fight night let's see it. I get fighters say shit to sell tickets but at the same time, you can't get mad at the fan for looking for what you advertise. Keith's boxing has improved, especially his body work, he doesn't head hunt as much. However dude needs to start saying he is a complete skilled fighter versus a KO artist.

Adonis is said to be talking. Great news.
  • AZWildCat likes this

#46 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 05:14 PM

I just don't like this fight at all. Period. I'm seeing Mikey "bulk up" and it's hard to watch...this one shouldn't even be happening.

What's wrong with his bulk? He's on a basic penitentiary/park workout. No weights. His bulk is just his build. Him and his camp have stated multiple times that he don't do any type of physical training outside of boxing. Which explains these easy jumps up and down that he's been making not worrying about muscle mass and just fluid pounds. But your right we shouldn't be watching it and someone should have stepped up instead of mikey. But here we are. But this ain't exactly a ppv block blockbuster so I don't expect him to be walking to the ring handing his undefeated record away. The fight goes on longer than the Peterson fight i know this for a fact!

#47 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:36 PM

Garcia said he would beat Spence easy lol...He is going to get fucked up. Peterson's corner spared him getting his brains literally beaten out of his head. Peterson went 6...And people here said Peterson would be a stiff test for Spence lol I think Garcia makes it to 8. I just do not see Spence playing around with him. The Charlo fight he saw and I am sure he will be on guard not to allow any bullshit. He knows he has to fuck Garcia up. I see an Algeri type ending lol.

Edited by MAHDI, 03 January 2019 - 10:52 PM.

#48 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:26 PM

If people actually believe Peterson was a bigger test than Kell then I don't know ish about boxing!!!

People here said cotto would be destroyed by Martinez......who won

People here said santa Cruz would ko Frampton first fight ....who won

People here said cotto was gonna crush Ali...who won

People here said fury wouldn't go 12 with Wilder.... how that go?

We say alot of things here out of spite and for the sake of arguments and debates which makes for some classic threads enlightening topics and brilliant film study/facts/intangibles.

Hell wasn't cshel he only on rooting for Danny vs Lucas lol....

we all have who we want to win and we all have who we know will win the difference is what actually happens once they get in the ring

Everyone who move up is a no hoper everyone we've never heard of is garbage til proven otherwise
  • Cshel86 likes this

#49 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:38 PM

Sill the top o the year might have to get prediction thread going again this year
  • Dolimite likes this

#50 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,289 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:04 AM

What's wrong with his bulk? He's on a basic penitentiary/park workout. No weights. His bulk is just his build. Him and his camp have stated multiple times that he don't do any type of physical training outside of boxing. Which explains these easy jumps up and down that he's been making not worrying about muscle mass and just fluid pounds. But your right we shouldn't be watching it and someone should have stepped up instead of mikey. But here we are. But this ain't exactly a ppv block blockbuster so I don't expect him to be walking to the ring handing his undefeated record away. The fight goes on longer than the Peterson fight i know this for a fact!

His bulk just seems....extra, I guess. I always forget that Garcia's fought at 140, so this is only one weight class up from where he fought last year. I don't know, man...this shit just shouldn't be happening. 

• AZWildCat likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)