• This topic is locked This topic is locked
175 replies to this topic

#81 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,152 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 12:14 PM

I'm just over these nuthugging reporters caping for Spence and giving him W's for fights he hasn't even fought yet. I know he's a big WW and has power, but what has he truly shown us thus far? Has he fought a guy who wasn't overwhelmed with his power yet? No. 

There was a Bomac interview on the front page asking about Spence and he said that the fans should keep pushing for the fight. He also mentioned that he's not sure how much longer Spence can make the weight, then some corny ass reporter jumps in and says, "But Spence has never not made weight, my man" (paraphrased). Dude, STFU!

My thing is, how do you know whether or not Bomac has insight and talks took place at one point? I mean, it's clear it won't happen this year....so we people gonna be on pins and needles into 2020 wondering if Spence can still make 147? I believe that's what Bomac was getting at, but the horrible reporter just couldn't keep his feelings out of it long enough to hear him out. 

I swear these reporters are just casual fans with cameras. Piss poor for the sport.

• MAHDI likes this

#82 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 01:39 PM

If they get Knockouts and go toe to toe your a media darling, it's easy to sell Knockouts as apposed to ring generalship

#83 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 05:27 PM

If they get Knockouts and go toe to toe your a media darling, it's easy to sell Knockouts as apposed to ring generalship

Correct, but Spence is no media darling.  Garcia is getting way more credit for being skilled etc...while Spence is being underrated as one dimensional. Garcia better have his legs in order, because he will need them on 3.19 cause Spence is coming to take his head off

#84 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 05:34 PM

I'm just over these nuthugging reporters caping for Spence and giving him W's for fights he hasn't even fought yet. I know he's a big WW and has power, but what has he truly shown us thus far? Has he fought a guy who wasn't overwhelmed with his power yet? No. 

There was a Bomac interview on the front page asking about Spence and he said that the fans should keep pushing for the fight. He also mentioned that he's not sure how much longer Spence can make the weight, then some corny ass reporter jumps in and says, "But Spence has never not made weight, my man" (paraphrased). Dude, STFU!

My thing is, how do you know whether or not Bomac has insight and talks took place at one point? I mean, it's clear it won't happen this year....so we people gonna be on pins and needles into 2020 wondering if Spence can still make 147? I believe that's what Bomac was getting at, but the horrible reporter just couldn't keep his feelings out of it long enough to hear him out. 

I swear these reporters are just casual fans with cameras. Piss poor for the sport.

Many of these reporters are cheerleaders...Spence has called for them all though. Kell Brook was not overwhelmed by his power but succumbed nevertheless.. And the reporter made a good point, Spence has not yet had a problem making 147 so Bomac talking that shit to me represents WISHFUL THINKING in the back of his head--People are banking on Spence not being at 147 long and having to move up  as Crawford fights second tier welters exclusively lol aside from speed and a good right one two, Khan is no better than Benavidez. Maybe Crawford will have the guts to face a top welter after KhAN-  atleast call one out 

Edited by MAHDI, 04 February 2019 - 05:39 PM.

#85 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:25 PM

Correct, but Spence is no media darling.

Garcia is getting way more credit for being skilled etc...while Spence is being underrated as one dimensional.

Garcia better have his legs in order, because he will need them on 3.19 cause Spence is coming to take his head off

Actually Spence is getting a nice amount of coverage. Mean while you only see Garcia on esnews or fighthub

Of course he's being labeled one demential he hasn't been seen doing anything else yet LMAO (that's actually a compliment)

Of course he's gonna be using his legs, he'd be amir Khan stupid to stand an trade with the biggest at 47 lol if he stood up and came forward he'd be called an idiot upon his demise.

Here we go with the boxing is running trend again...smh

Many of these reporters are cheerleaders...Spence has called for them all though.

aside from speed and a good right one two, Khan is no better than Benavidez.

Maybe Crawford will have the guts to face a top welter after KhAN- atleast call one out

In one breath Spence has called for all...hold that thought.

Benavidez has been a champ in more than one division???? Has he beat another current champ? Has everyone Khan has beat actually been a taxi driver? I must be in the dark here lol

And in the ending of the same breath say bud hasn't called out anyone is extreme bias in the highest form.

#86 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:01 AM

Actually Spence is getting a nice amount of coverage. Mean while you only see Garcia on esnews or fighthub

Of course he's being labeled one demential he hasn't been seen doing anything else yet LMAO (that's actually a compliment)

Of course he's gonna be using his legs, he'd be amir Khan stupid to stand an trade with the biggest at 47 lol if he stood up and came forward he'd be called an idiot upon his demise.

Here we go with the boxing is running trend again...smh

In one breath Spence has called for all...hold that thought.

Benavidez has been a champ in more than one division???? Has he beat another current champ? Has everyone Khan has beat actually been a taxi driver? I must be in the dark here lol

And in the ending of the same breath say bud hasn't called out anyone is extreme bias in the highest form.

I do not equate using legs as running, but Mikey aint Floyd and he does not do a 4.2 40 lol-- Spence is going to get to him---IF spence faced Khan he would be lambasted as a coward-Crawford and his people are cautious. If Khan puts him on his ass lol...

Edited by MAHDI, 05 February 2019 - 08:05 AM.

#87 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,744 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:15 PM

I still don't understand what constitutes running.
Mikey had a lot of believers, will Mikey's power carryover and if he clocks Spence with his best shot and it don't phase him then what? I respect Mikey but Errol is a damn good fighter.

#88 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,081 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:13 PM

Spence's weakness is outside the gym. He drinks, clearly. Young, good looking guy with a lot of money. Falling prey to a lifestyle. The interviews he gives at other people's fights, he slurs his speech a bit. Could that be because he's had a few drinks or is this joker getting punch drunk already. Time will tell. I'm still on the record as saying that he beats Mikey from pillar to post and it ends within 3 rounds due to corner stoppage.

The fight I like to look at is the Easter fight and the Broner fights for Mikey. In the Broner fight, he may have been given too much credit. Broner cant beat the top 15 at WW. Broner was a step up to WW. Not the best guy, but clearly a test. Credit to him for passing, but we see what Broner is at this point. Easter on the other hand was a big, lanky guy with some boxing skills. He has some power, but that's 135 power. Mikey was comfortable standing in there with Easter who was significantly taller with longer arms. Spence has 175 type power. Mikey isn't going to be able to stand in there and out  slug Spence. Spence's size and Mikey's slowness afoot will make it so that Mikey can get away either. 3 rounds... max.

I don't think Spence's out of the ring issue, shows up here. If a solid WW takes Spence into the 10th round, watchout. That's where his dirt will show up. Hear me Terrence Crawford??

#89 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,744 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:58 PM

More people are betting on Mikey with this fight. I am curious what this fight will turn into.

#90 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 12:05 PM

Spence's weakness is outside the gym. He drinks, clearly. Young, good looking guy with a lot of money. Falling prey to a lifestyle. The interviews he gives at other people's fights, he slurs his speech a bit. Could that be because he's had a few drinks or is this joker getting punch drunk already. Time will tell. I'm still on the record as saying that he beats Mikey from pillar to post and it ends within 3 rounds due to corner stoppage.

The fight I like to look at is the Easter fight and the Broner fights for Mikey. In the Broner fight, he may have been given too much credit. Broner cant beat the top 15 at WW. Broner was a step up to WW. Not the best guy, but clearly a test. Credit to him for passing, but we see what Broner is at this point. Easter on the other hand was a big, lanky guy with some boxing skills. He has some power, but that's 135 power. Mikey was comfortable standing in there with Easter who was significantly taller with longer arms. Spence has 175 type power. Mikey isn't going to be able to stand in there and out  slug Spence. Spence's size and Mikey's slowness afoot will make it so that Mikey can get away either. 3 rounds... max.

I don't think Spence's out of the ring issue, shows up here. If a solid WW takes Spence into the 10th round, watchout. That's where his dirt will show up. Hear me Terrence Crawford??

lol...People banking on Spence turning into an alcoholic. Spence grew up with both parents and still has an active father presence and he the Father says he goes so hard in the sport he has to tell him to slow it down. He may drink some but if that is what Crawford and others are banking on lol...good luck!!! Kell Brook quit in round eleven lol
https://youtu.be/PGEInpb5eVo

Edited by MAHDI, 09 February 2019 - 10:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users