Photo

Showtime@7:45 (ET)/4:45(PT)- Stevenson-Gvozdyk (SPOILERS-No Wilder-Fury Discussion)

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 09:56 PM

Stevenson is finished!!! He got his ass handed to him
  • Franchize likes this

#42 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 01:36 AM

Listen to me when I say this....Badou Jack straight ruined DeGale and Stevenson. Neither guy has been the same since fighting him. He snatched their souls in that ring. 

#43 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 03:09 AM

Yvon Michel (not sure his relation to Stevenson) just tweeted that Stevenson is at hospital in intensive care in critical condition.

I know we joke about stuff, but hoping he pulls through. That was a brutal combo to get the KO.

Fight game is full of tragedies. Hope this isn't one. Prayers to Superman and his family!
  • The Original MrFactor and Franchize like this

#44 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 11:27 AM

Yvon Michel (not sure his relation to Stevenson) just tweeted that Stevenson is at hospital in intensive care in critical condition.
I know we joke about stuff, but hoping he pulls through. That was a brutal combo to get the KO.
Fight game is full of tragedies. Hope this isn't one. Prayers to Superman and his family!

Same here, prayers to his family! You’d be surprised at how many pieces of shit are rejoicing in the fact that dude is in critical condition. He’s rocked a few fighters out there, but none of us wants to see a fighter in a vegetable state. Ever.

Badoi Jack sent him a shoutout and prayers on Instagram. Class act! I hope he pulls through and hangs em up, he’s had a decent run as champion.

I just don’t get how people are using his past as a pimp to say venomous things about him. I’m not the most religious guy in the world, but if any form of higher power saw fit for him to move on from that life, serve his time, have a new family AND be able to provide for them in one of the most unforgiving sports ever, then why should people judge the man the way they do?
  • KSUN247 likes this

#45 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 01:14 PM

Social media is the worst. Gives folks a way to talk trash behind a keyboard with no repercussions or consequences.

He's made peace with his past life and has been forgiven by some. He doesn't hide behind the fact that he did some terrible things in his past. He acknowledged them and asked for forgiveness. Folks will still judge and hate him for that. I'm not that guy.

Don't wanna see any athlete get seriously hurt or die from this sport. It's brutal and these guys/gals put their lives on the line for our enjoyment.

Saw that his girlfriend just gave birth to a baby girl. Hopefully, the doctors can treat him so he can have a full recovery and enjoy life with his girlfriend and daughter.

#46 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 05:42 PM

The KO didn't look out of the ordinary but I couldn't help but notice it was taking him unusually long to get up. Makes sense now. Prayers to him. Hope he recovers. Regardless of my or anyone's feelings about him a a fighter, I never wanna see someone suffer beyond the ring. 

#47 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 06:42 AM

I was going to say, with the trajectory of him and Kovalev's career, we could finally see a fight between them but now I'm reading Stevenson may never be the same again as in, never mind boxing, he may never be the same person we're used to seeing. Seriously hope that's not the case and I hope he pulls through. He should probably never fight again. A sad reminder about the ugly, unfortunate aspect of the sport we love.

#48 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 04:30 PM

I was going to say, with the trajectory of him and Kovalev's career, we could finally see a fight between them but now I'm reading Stevenson may never be the same again as in, never mind boxing, he may never be the same person we're used to seeing. Seriously hope that's not the case and I hope he pulls through. He should probably never fight again. A sad reminder about the ugly, unfortunate aspect of the sport we love.

Agreed. Moreover, the bold is something I've been arguing for the past week with trolls along with typical, everyday soulless people out here. 

They keep bringing up his past (which he did time for and shown obvious rehabilitation) and rejoicing in the fact that he's in a bad state right now. Not cool. 

Those same fools spend their time and money to watch Stevenson fight...whether they're hoping to see him win or lose along with his current state. You have to tell these fuckwits that they're "supported" Stevenson all this time, whether they wanna accept it or not. 

It's some sick people here and I've read some rather sick shit over the past week. 

#49 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,061 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 09 December 2018 - 07:37 PM

Give mad props to these guys who put their very lives online for our entertainment. Best wishes for him and his family. hoping for a speedy recovery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users