Photo

PPV@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Wilder vs. Fury- SPOILERS (No Public Streams)

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#141 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 09:07 AM

I know Fury struggled with coke and alcohol throughout his hiatus, but he needs to be checked for PCP. The only people I've ever seen take life-threatening blows like that AND get up afterwards, are folks who smoke those sherm sticks. Test him ASAP!

#142 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,221 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 09:51 AM

I know Fury struggled with coke and alcohol throughout his hiatus, but he needs to be checked for PCP. The only people I've ever seen take life-threatening blows like that AND get up afterwards, are folks who smoke those sherm sticks. Test him ASAP!

💀💀💀💀💀

That man was cooking Saturday night let him enjoy his meal.

#143 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 12:07 PM

That man was cooking Saturday night let him enjoy his meal.

:lol:

These Undertaker jokes about Fury are hilarious though! I was almost sure Fury was out for the count, but dude popped up like people do when you see them nodding off but swear they were awake and listening the whole time. 

#144 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 12:20 PM

I have to go back and watch the fight again though. I scored a lot of early rounds for Fury and I saw Wilder working harder than usually get off a simple 1-2. After a while, he just threw the jab away and went for haymakers, smh. 

I also didn't score it because I felt Fury was going to stop Wilder. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that sounded far fetched on Saturday evening, but the ebbs and flows of the fight said otherwise. 

I always knew Fury was a bully, but he's technical and has that "fly at the bbq" style....but he sneaks in a few occasional shots that puts his guy on notice. I actually watched the Lemieux/Saunders card on the DVR riiight before I tuned in to the Stevenson fight. 

What did I see? I saw a hard-hitting Cletus Seldin get embarrassed by a technical fighter in Ulysse. The Douglas/O'Sullivan fight was what it was, a difference in class....then I saw the main event (Lemiuex vs Saunders). I saw a busy and accurate fighter in Saunders with respectable power that kept power puncher on the outside all night as he peppered him...seemingly having the stoppage in his back pocket if he so desired to press the issue. 

Then I moved on Gvozdyk vs Stevenson.....same fuckin style of fighting. Gvoz kept Adonis on the outside most of the night, took his left hand away, and beat him with angles and the openings it created. We all saw how that ended. 

Moving on to Fury/Wilder....same fuckin style of fight. The power puncher in Wilder was kept at bay all night and we saw him missing wildly (no pun intended). Whenever Fury felt like it, he tagged Wilder. Regardless of the two knockdowns to Wilder's credit, it would've been the same result as Seldin/Ulysse, Lemiuex/Saunders AND Gvoz/Stevenson, had the knockdowns not occurred. 

One thing I am happy about is that it wasn't the usual slow ass slugfest laced with haymaker attempts and endless clinching/wrestling. Both guys are athletic and can take a good punch as far as I'm concerned, so we didn't have to worry about the HW status quo of one guy taking a good shot and not being shit for the rest of the fight if he survives the KD. 

What was a bit odd was Wilder having to look UP at Fury and basically measure him for the big shots. It looked like Deontay looked like an opponent fighting one of the Klitschko brothers on Saturday night....as though Fury was bigger than he thought and he knew he had to take some to give some. 

#145 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,221 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:23 AM

Yeah them memes are classic material. But I'm with the masses idkhtf that man popped up like that. Fury ate his best punches and rose from the floor twice.... Wilder will never be the same mentally, he walked away thinking fury was 6 feet under, but ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppow fury pops up like it was a slip back in the mix landing one twos at will
  • MAHDI likes this

#146 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,221 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:27 AM

Wilder better take that Joshua fight and run. He's not beating fury in a rematch and honestly if aj can make it to the championship rounds and land like fury did hes going to sleep
  • MAHDI likes this

#147 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:19 AM

Wilder better take that Joshua fight and run. He's not beating fury in a rematch and honestly if aj can make it to the championship rounds and land like fury did hes going to sleep

Fury will not get caught in a rematch and make it even more emphatic. He started landing some chopping right hands on Wilder too. Wilder can talk like he was not feeling Fury's shots, but he definitely was and you could see it late

• AZWildCat likes this

#148 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:12 AM

Seems like Wilder's claiming he broke his hand a few weeks before camp....his right hand of course....the one he was throwing all night. I just don't know what to make of this. 

Honestly, as I've said before, it may have been best if Fury was awarded the decision...especially if there was a rematch clause anyway. Now, I'm not sure how the rematch clause went because some clauses only grant one or the other a rematch, it's not always fair for both. Who knows though. 

This "draw" stuff has gotten out of hand though. I'm not really complaining because neither guy lost (on paper), but I think we know who won the fight. Wilder may have won the night with his late knockdowns, but he was behind all night. 

When you're throwing one punch all night long and missing while the other guy's peppering you, what do you call that? There were a couple of close rounds, but that 115-111 Wilder scorecard just proved that some judges give power punchers rounds based off of them attempting to land big shots.

No one should be given credit for trying to land big shots....either they land or they don't. Judging off of anticipation gets you decisions like this. 

• MAHDI likes this

#149 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:48 PM

Seems like Wilder's claiming he broke his hand a few weeks before camp....his right hand of course....the one he was throwing all night. I just don't know what to make of this. 

Honestly, as I've said before, it may have been best if Fury was awarded the decision...especially if there was a rematch clause anyway. Now, I'm not sure how the rematch clause went because some clauses only grant one or the other a rematch, it's not always fair for both. Who knows though. 

This "draw" stuff has gotten out of hand though. I'm not really complaining because neither guy lost (on paper), but I think we know who won the fight. Wilder may have won the night with his late knockdowns, but he was behind all night. 

When you're throwing one punch all night long and missing while the other guy's peppering you, what do you call that? There were a couple of close rounds, but that 115-111 Wilder scorecard just proved that some judges give power punchers rounds based off of them attempting to land big shots.

No one should be given credit for trying to land big shots....either they land or they don't. Judging off of anticipation gets you decisions like this. 

Amen!!! Watching Wilder hit air all night was like watching a 6 year old little league baseball player swing and miss

• Cshel86 likes this

#150 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:13 AM

Amen!!! Watching Wilder hit air all night was like watching a 6 year old little league baseball player swing and miss

Listen! I was mad as hell like, "Damn, dude....at least use the jab or the left hook and switch shit up." I was waiting on more body work from him (which he did land a few body shots), but Beyonce Wildher was right hand happy all night and couldn't close the show. 

Moreover, I'm just so sick of casual fans (celebrities included) trying to state what their scorecards were. FOH! They know daaaaamn well they didn't score this fight. Why? Because they and the rest of the "sheeple" were anticipating a KO by Wilder all night. 

I'm not dumb, I know how this works. People anticipate a KO all night, which gives them a pass to not pay attention to everything going on in the fight...then they'll surprised at the decision. We've seen it over and over again. (Ward/Kovalev 1, Canelo/GGG 1 and 2, Jacobs/GGG, Ruslan/Algieri, Pac/Bradley 1, etc). 

• MAHDI likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users