• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:52 PM

Saw an interview with Tony Harrison from LA last night and he made a great point....Jermell wasn't focused for the fight. Not anyone's fault but his, but Tony made it plain. 

He saw Jermell hanging with Floyd, showing up at the Hurd fight (on the Wilder card) and modeling for GQ magazine in Gucci. This is why I said a while ago that most fighters are only paid enough to keep them fighting...when they make substantial amounts and seek opportunities like this (modeling), their focus is usually up for question and it sometimes shows in the ring.

Maybe Tony was on to something the whole time because he said watching Jermell unfocused, helped him train harder. Moreover, I especially hated that coon ass media workout the Charlos had in TX the week before the fight...that shit was straight trash and a spectacle, at best.

Yeap...I watched fight again. Harrison lifted Charlos head back with telling shots throughout...no robbery. Charlo better get focused. Trout fight showed him to be beatable...
  • Cshel86 likes this

#62 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:56 AM

Tony got that I don't know what's so hard to see.
  • MAHDI likes this

#63 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,280 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:01 AM

Yeap...I watched fight again. Harrison lifted Charlos head back with telling shots throughout...no robbery. Charlo better get focused. 

This! He tried to fight Harrison the same way....ended up paying for it when it was all said and done. Again, I'm not saying Harrison clearly won the fight, but, if Jermell was on top of his game, it shouldn't have even come to this. 

• MAHDI likes this

#64 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,280 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:03 AM

Tony got that I don't know what's so hard to see.

Yeah and no, in my opinion. They both did "just enough", problem is, Jermell was wild and sloppy and didn't get his point across. Harrison was cool, a little too patient, and made a little noise himself. 

The elite of the two didn't truly set the pace of the fight...it was just one big knockout attempt for 12 rounds. 

• AZWildCat and MAHDI like this

#65 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:30 PM

Yeah and no, in my opinion. They both did "just enough", problem is, Jermell was wild and sloppy and didn't get his point across. Harrison was cool, a little too patient, and made a little noise himself. 

The elite of the two didn't truly set the pace of the fight...it was just one big knockout attempt for 12 rounds.

Ring control
  • MAHDI likes this

#66 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,280 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:57 AM

Ring control

Bingo. 

As I've mentioned a time or two around here, I'm hoping Jermell isn't getting caught up in "knockouts for the network" like Donaire did back in the day. After he iced Montiel, he became a puppet for the "fans" and thought he could knock everybody out....and tried to.

Problem is, when guys (mainly Wilfredo Vasquez Jr.) get in with him and work behind their jab, Donaire looked lost and frustrated....same happened with Jermall last month. The KOs will be there....Jermell just has to get back to ring control (as you mentioned) and sticking to the game plan. 

This is my opinion of course, but I wanna know exactly how Jermell felt he was doing (from his account). Thing is, we probably won't hear it til after the rematch, if he happens to be victorious. Talking about it too much will probably make him seem as though he really lost. 

I still don't think Harrsion did enough for the victory, but Jermell did a liiiiitle more than Harrison but not enough to convince the judges that he had the fight under control. 

#67 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:13 AM

Harrison will lose the rematch. Trilogy will be in October but Charlo will be gunning for Canelo after GGG fight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users