• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,638 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:45 AM

I follow DAZN on Instagram and for the past couple of weeks they been showing Mayweather's dominant fights. This week it's he vs. Hatton. DAZN can't do shit with Alvarez and honestly for whatever reason Alvarez isn't a crossover star. With talk of Canelo wanting to fight Mayweather and a possible Pac II on the horizon I am thinking what if DAZN is trying to entice Floyd to appear on their network for his comeback fight for a shitload of money. TMT promotions and Showtime could do a joint promotion with DAZN. This way, DAZN could immediately up their subscription and put on a good showcase and it could also give Hearn access to Haymon fighters in the future.
  • AZWildCat likes this

#2 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,754 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:13 AM

I follow DAZN on Instagram and for the past couple of weeks they been showing Mayweather's dominant fights. This week it's he vs. Hatton. DAZN can't do shit with Alvarez and honestly for whatever reason Alvarez isn't a crossover star. With talk of Canelo wanting to fight Mayweather and a possible Pac II on the horizon I am thinking what if DAZN is trying to entice Floyd to appear on their network for his comeback fight for a shitload of money. TMT promotions and Showtime could do a joint promotion with DAZN. This way, DAZN could immediately up their subscription and put on a good showcase and it could also give Hearn access to Haymon fighters in the future.

Good point, but possibly a reach. Possibly. Eddie throwing money at guys left and right, but Floyd wants his thrown at him on his terms. Eddie (or whomever is running the DAZN page on Instagram) is gonna have to try harder, and I mean try harder as in, "Don't make a spectacle of it". 

We've seen people like Roc Nation hit the scene, throw money at guys, and where are they now? Eddie's far from a RN fallout, but he's gotta realize Floyd does things on his terms. 

If anybody's gonna do anybody any favors, it'll be Floyd doing them a favor. Floyd may fight a DAZN fighter....on Showtime....and DAZN and Box Nation can air the fight at their leisure...no different from the HBO/Showtime merger for the May/Pac fight and the Lewis/Tyson bout. 

Every time this guy "retires", people keep bringing him and hope to entice him with money. If anything. all he wants to know is that somebody's actually talking about him....he can make a return on his own terms and everyone will follow. 

As for DAZN not "being able to do shit" with Canelo and him not being a crossover star....you truly didn't think before you posted that, but we've all done worse around here. Lol. Canelo's right where he needs to be and I've seen him in the media more than ever since the DAZN deal.

Keep in mind, he's only had one fight with Eddie...people are equating GGG's move (or lack thereof) to Canelo's business moves and it doesn't work that way. Golovkin will remain where he is....on the B side, until further notice. Both of them can make fights with anybody, but Canelo's will draw more, as always. 

• AZWildCat likes this

#3 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,638 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:57 AM

Good point, but possibly a reach. Possibly. Eddie throwing money at guys left and right, but Floyd wants his thrown at him on his terms. Eddie (or whomever is running the DAZN page on Instagram) is gonna have to try harder, and I mean try harder as in, "Don't make a spectacle of it". 

We've seen people like Roc Nation hit the scene, throw money at guys, and where are they now? Eddie's far from a RN fallout, but he's gotta realize Floyd does things on his terms. 

If anybody's gonna do anybody any favors, it'll be Floyd doing them a favor. Floyd may fight a DAZN fighter....on Showtime....and DAZN and Box Nation can air the fight at their leisure...no different from the HBO/Showtime merger for the May/Pac fight and the Lewis/Tyson bout. 

Every time this guy "retires", people keep bringing him and hope to entice him with money. If anything. all he wants to know is that somebody's actually talking about him....he can make a return on his own terms and everyone will follow. 

As for DAZN not "being able to do shit" with Canelo and him not being a crossover star....you truly didn't think before you posted that, but we've all done worse around here. Lol. Canelo's right where he needs to be and I've seen him in the media more than ever since the DAZN deal.

Keep in mind, he's only had one fight with Eddie...people are equating GGG's move (or lack thereof) to Canelo's business moves and it doesn't work that way. Golovkin will remain where he is....on the B side, until further notice. Both of them can make fights with anybody, but Canelo's will draw more, as always.

Would you say Canelo has Oscar popularity? I don't think so. Canelo should be the face of boxing. He beat the unbeaten GGG, he beat Lara...Lara beat himself. But you get it. I would say Leo Santa Cruz gets more love from the boxing public than Canelo. Maybe the English barrier but shit Chavez spoke very little English and is considered a boxing god. Go figure.

#4 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,754 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:54 AM

Would you say Canelo has Oscar popularity? I don't think so. Canelo should be the face of boxing. He beat the unbeaten GGG, he beat Lara...Lara beat himself. But you get it. I would say Leo Santa Cruz gets more love from the boxing public than Canelo. Maybe the English barrier but shit Chavez spoke very little English and is considered a boxing god. Go figure.

Bro....yes, Canelo's more popular than Oscar by default nowadays. Ask a casual fan who Canelo is, they'll say the Mexican guy with red hair. Ask about Oscar De La Hoya, you may....you may get somebody to utter something about fish nets. 

And I say Canelo's more popular by default, I'm referring to social media. Canelo's surpassed Oscar in some cases and he's still working at it. And please, just please....you gotta chill with that Leo Santa Cruz comment, that's so far from the truth. You did say he gets more love from the boxing public than Canelo, but that's still false. 

Lara always beats himself, but he was in there with Canelo and lost. If he was as great as most made him out to be, he would've beaten Canelo, but we all know Lara plays it way too safe in the fights that really matter. 

#5 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,638 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 04:13 PM

Bro....yes, Canelo's more popular than Oscar by default nowadays. Ask a casual fan who Canelo is, they'll say the Mexican guy with red hair. Ask about Oscar De La Hoya, you may....you may get somebody to utter something about fish nets. 

And I say Canelo's more popular by default, I'm referring to social media. Canelo's surpassed Oscar in some cases and he's still working at it. And please, just please....you gotta chill with that Leo Santa Cruz comment, that's so far from the truth. You did say he gets more love from the boxing public than Canelo, but that's still false. 

Lara always beats himself, but he was in there with Canelo and lost. If he was as great as most made him out to be, he would've beaten Canelo, but we all know Lara plays it way too safe in the fights that really matter.

Leo gets love!
I am not talking about Oscar now, I talking about when he was fighting, compare his popularity to that.

Lara could of won but damn Cubans.

#6 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,754 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:02 AM

Leo gets love!
I am not talking about Oscar now, I talking about when he was fighting, compare his popularity to that.

Lara could of won but damn Cubans.

Santa Cruz may very well get love over there on the west coast, not so much over here. It's not like he doesn't get love over here, but the west coast definitely has more Latinos, so I see your point. 

As for Canelo being bigger than Oscar when he was on top of the boxing world....I'll still hold true to him being more popular than Oscar. Again, I only attribute that to social media. When Oscar was coming up, social media wasn't this big. 

Lara sucks ass, most of the time....only because he plays it way too safe. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users