42 replies to this topic

#1 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 04:32 PM

http://www.espn.com/...ut-unify-titles

Mexican superstar Canelo Alvarez will meet Daniel Jacobs to unify their 160-pound world titles on May 4 -- Cinco de Mayo weekend -- at a venue to be determined, the fighters announced Thursday.

"I'm happy to announce my next fight during the festive weekend of Cinco de Mayo," Alvarez said. "I will unify my middleweight titles against Daniel Jacobs on one of the two most important dates that belong to me. I have no doubt that I will be victorious and that I'll be one step away from becoming the undisputed middleweight world champion."

***NOBODY can now claim Canelo is ducking anyone at 160 lbs. This is a great matchup for both.  Best name recognition at 160 lbs that can be made besides Canelo/GGG 3.  

• Dolimite likes this

#2 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,690 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 06:17 PM

Canelo....ALL RESPECT.

#3 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:54 PM

Honestly Jacobs has to go for a quillen repeat to win this.
  • Cshel86 and KSUN247 like this

#4 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 10:00 PM

Canelo has a good chin, but anything can happen.

#5 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,690 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:16 AM

Danny ain't winning on points. He gotta KO the Canelo. I love this fight. I think Canelo gets touched up. He still has stamina issues. If Danny can last the first 6 rounds, he's got a chance.

#6 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,944 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:08 AM

This man is fuckin FEARLESS! I'm leaning more towards experience and me trusting the winner to be the more marketable and can handle the weight of being the champ. With that sad, I'm giving it to Canelo. 

Danny got past GGG and I'm still impressed by it to this day! However, Canelo's a different breed of champion and brings more than just exceptional power to the table. He's the smaller man (height wise and possibly weight wise), but has tricks up his sleeve and I can see Danny succumbing to it. 

Of course my prediction will change a bit before May, but I just don't see Danny handling Canelo's style and he's definitely not marketable enough to make more huge fights after this. Of course a Charlo fight would be big for Danny but ask yourself this....whose fight would be bigger? Danny vs Charlo or Canelo vs Charlo? Danny vs GGG rematch? Canelo vs GGG rubber match? Danny vs Lemiuex? Canelo vs Lemieux? 

I'm not saying Danny won't make these fights exciting but Canelo would make those fights a bigger event and that's what boxing needs most right now. I like Danny, but he'd better not get too overzealous in there....this little guy can crack and embarrass anybody if need be. 

Canelo by TKO in 7

#7 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,944 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:09 AM

As it's already been said, NOBODY can say Canelo's ducking anybody! This has been the story of his career and he's proven the public wrong every time. I know people are already finding somebody new to say he's ducking, but whatever. 

• AZWildCat likes this

#8 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,690 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:17 AM

As it's already been said, NOBODY can say Canelo's ducking anybody! This has been the story of his career and he's proven the public wrong every time. I know people are already finding somebody new to say he's ducking, but whatever.

Bruh, Andrade rants and why not Charlo have already begun. I like Danny in this fight because he is a natural 160 and he can take a punch
I thought Danny Beat GGG fyi.

#9 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:42 AM

I'll save analysis for later. Right now I'm just going to fan out like the fellow boxing fan I am. This is awesome news. To be honest, the fight would be more explosive if they fought at 168. I think Danny has been struggling to make weight a bit lately. He gets that nasty dry mouth at weigh ins and looks like a shell of himself. Either way though, I'm excited

#10 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 02:49 PM

Peeped out Andrade last night of DAZN. He got a controversial ref stoppage in the 12th. He was winning the entire fight, but I need to see him in with better competition. He called out GGG, so who knows if/when we'll see that one. Didn't mention Charlo probably due to the network issue. 

• AZWildCat likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users