• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,944 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:17 AM

If he is fighting at the weight why the rehydration clause? It's unfair.

I feel two ways about it. Sometimes....sometimes, some fighters come in HUGE on fight night and it definitely gives them a huge advantage. I just can't picture a guy coming in at damn near 20 lbs heavier when the guy you're fighting only put on 10 lbs or less overnight. 

On the other hand (as you mentioned), if they're fighting at a contracted weight, then you should be down to fight regardless of how much weight the other man has put on. 

Is it Fighter A's fault that Fighter B won't just move up in weight because they're struggling to cut weight just to have advantage?

#32 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:10 AM

Damn. Can't really blame Team Canelo for putting a rehydration clause in place, but exactly how much is he expecting for beating Jacobs (if he does)?

He's expecting everything, even with the petty advantages.

If he is fighting at the weight why the rehydration clause? It's unfair.

Petty mental advantage

but I canelo gonna be aloud to blow up without being penalized is the real question.

He puts on weight alot too after weigh ins,. Just something to think about

#33 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 03:53 PM

I can't blame Canelo's team for a re-hydration clause but I can call them hypocritical. We all know Canelo has blown up over night numerous times. When he fought Floyd he was like 175 lol

• Cshel86 likes this

#34 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:52 AM

If we get the Danny that fought GGG, he can win, otherwise we'll just see Danny flailing around the ring like some of his lackluster performances

• Cshel86 likes this

#35 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,944 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:58 AM

I can't blame Canelo's team for a re-hydration clause but I can call them hypocritical. We all know Canelo has blown up over night numerous times. When he fought Floyd he was like 175 lol

Not sure where the Canelo weight numbers are coming from, but I only remember him entering the ring at 172 lbs against Trout who was 171 on fight night. In the Mayweather fight, he actually came in at 165. I'm not sure if it's because of the 152 lbs catchweight or what....maybe he was trying to keep some of his speed by not fully rehydrating. Who knows. 

I've been hearing the same about Jacobs coming into the ring at 180+ lbs, but I've never seen it with my own two eyes....just heard it from "credible sources" in Jacobs's camp. 

Both of these guys are fairly massive at the opening bell, so this should be interesting. Maybe it's in Danny's best interest to not put all of that weight back on overnight. Who knows. 

#36 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,944 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:59 AM

If we get the Danny that fought GGG, he can win, otherwise we'll just see Danny flailing around the ring like some of his lackluster performances

That's the Danny I wanna see as well; problem is, he's fighting a shorter man in Canelo, so he's gonna have to guard his rib cage and keep him on the outside with his jab. 

#37 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,690 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 03:24 PM

Danny looks likes Candyman! Swear I was waiting to see the hook in his arm.

#38 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 11:19 PM

So I heard red wants to forego a ggg trilogy should he beat Jacobs and go straight at demitrius! I wouldn't even be upset with him. 1 who has triple g fought since the second fight?
2 isn't demitrius undefeated with a belt, do who cares if red does it anyway
3 ggg should take a quick stay busy fight and get right back in the mix with a top name on the canelo-andrade/Jacobs 2 card

#39 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,690 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 08:55 AM

I don't like the way Jacobs is talking. I don't hear confidence coming from him. He talking about the judges, he beat GGG, Saul lost to GGG, I like dude, come on. Tell me how you gonna beat this dude?
Weight clause is still bs.

#40 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,944 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 11:48 AM

I don't like the way Jacobs is talking. I don't hear confidence coming from him. He talking about the judges, he beat GGG, Saul lost to GGG, I like dude, come on. Tell me how you gonna beat this dude?
Weight clause is still bs.

Lara did the same shit before he fought Canelo, then cried robbery when it was all said and done. Thing is, you have to make Canelo punch when he doesn't wanna punch, but it seems as though guys get caught up in his feints and seem surprised at how he mixes his punches up. 

I've pretty much counted Jacobs out, mainly because of the aforementioned and his being worried about the judges. My interest for his chances of winning may go up within a couple of weeks of fight night, but for now, he's already lost. 

I said all that to say, dammit this is gonna be a good one! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users