Photo

PPV@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Pacquiao-Broner-SPOILERS (No Public Streams)

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#111 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:12 PM

People are saying AB took a dive....fuckin sheesh. Robert Easter even eluded to it. Who in their right fuckin minds honestly thought Broner won. Not even the hood thought he won.

#112 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:19 PM

Quick Question. Was Adrien Broner in anyone's top 10 at WW prior to this fight?

With that said, this was a fight about primes. Manny Pacquiao is past his prime at 40years old. He's trying to extend his career. As crazy as it sounds, Broner at 28 is waaay past his prime and really finished in the sport.  Somebody like Danny Garcia will pick Broner as a comeback fight(like Manny did). So he'll keep getting work. He will never beat a top 10 guy at WW and is now relegated to just being a boxing celebrity. Manny has maybe one good fight left. I guess he's banking that it will be with Mayweather. We never got the DLH/Trinidad rematch. Those guys were in their 30's and could have made it happen. Manny and Floyd are in their 40's. Do we really want something like Hopkins/Jones 2?

Not top ten at all

And no grumpy old men matchups unless it's delahoya n Trinidad or delahoya n Floyd, I'll pay the 85 for hd if that happens and not care About the undercard

#113 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,155 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 11:51 AM

****Long Post Alert***

Listen....I saw two out of shape fighters Saturday night....one fighting for one last shot and the other just happy to have that one last shot...just guess who is who and I'll leave it at that. 

Manny's legs are OLD and it showed. He's still careless and dives in either when he can't cut the distance or whenever he gets impatient. Broner didn't capitalize on it at all. Who's surprised though? 

Manny was out of shape and looked like a fighter hanging on the edge of glory. I can see the difference when Ariza's in his camp....he needs to pick up the phone and call Alex again. Fuck Freddie and his control issues....Manny should be in A LOT better shape than this. 

The whole card just seemed...off, I guess. The flow of the show sort of reminded me of Mayweather/Maidana II card...that whole undercard stunk and you can just tell/feel the whole show was unorganized and moving awkwardly. 

The look on Floyd's face told it all and he had that same look of disgust and "WTF is going on?" on his face during the whole Maidana rematch. Remember how they had both all four of his WW and Super WW titles on the line for a WW fight? :lol:

So yeah, the first fight was trash because the scheduled fighter missed weight by what, 5 or 6 pounds? That fight got ruined. Raushee Warren is in the same boat as Broner and it showed when he got outworked and outpointed in the second bout. Boring fight, kinda. 

Then....then....the Badou Jack/Marcus Browne bullshit with the clash of heads. Jack was getting outworked early and then came the blood fest for what...the remaining 20 mins of the fight? Nobody wanted to see all of that blood and his corner AND the ring doctors failed him. That shit should've been stopped in round 8, if not in round 7 when it occurred. 

So now you have a botched fight with a surviving replacement opponent, the Warren fight, and a bloody shit fest in the Jack/Browne fight.....allllll for Broner to stink up the joint against a desperate 40 year old with no legs. Listen...Manny was tired and I was breathing with him and for him. It was Broner's fight to win. 

What makes it even uglier is Broner's entrance (which was kinda cool) and Manny walking to the ring fast as fuck RIGHT after him and us having to endure Eye of the Tiger playing after he got to the ring 20 seconds after AB. Shit....they should've just walked to the ring together. 

AB and his promises....I swear, this dude is done. You don't get in there as a 29 year old and struggle against a 40 year old guy with no legs. It's not supposed to be that way. So we have a potential 29 year old Floyd opponent named "Can't Get Right" who absolutely RUINED his and Manny's chances of being a Floyd opponent. 

How was it supposed to go? Both guys were supposed to give and take....Manny was supposed to create trouble early for Broner with his experience and Broner was supposed to take it and give it back, eventually wear Manny down and make him doubt himself. Didn't get that at all. 

When I saw Broner "using the ring" in round 10, I thought, "Okay, AB's showing us a new wrinkle....he's making a 40 year old with no legs follow him around the ring to wear his old legs down...then BOOM, he's gonna catch him carelessly walking in and put him down". Didn't happen. Broner was simply surviving the last 3 rounds. 

Then.....the post-fight interview where I'm sure Broner left all of his dignity and walked away with is pride, such as it is. He threatened to "beat Brian Custard's motherfuckin ass" during the opening presser back in Nov., he cussed out Bernstein at the final presser, and directed his ghetto hogwash towards Jim Gray in the post-fight interview. Fuck this guy. Seriously. 

Broner's nothing more than a glorified gatekeeper and we'll more than likely see him fighting waaaay past his prime to keep up child support payments and pay off the IRS. We've seen it before and Broner's not too far away. Performing below standards THEN having the nerve to lash out at the people who provided him these unwarranted opportunities, is sickening to say the least. 

If we're not completely done with Broner, can't we all just agree that he can never beat a top contender/champion and he's only cool to watch in mismatches? He's done himself no favors and hopefully they won't put him on PPV anymore as the headliner. He just doesn't have what it takes, but has the nerve make the world feel bad about it. Aint that some shit? 

#114 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,155 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:06 PM

Also, just watching Broner semi-complain about how difficult training camps can be and him simply looking "weird" during his workouts and meals, says a lot. To me, he just doesn't strike me as somebody who takes this seriously. 

Training camp is another way to keep Broner out of trouble and that's not what camp should be for. I'm saying all this to say, I hardly ever see Broner training between fights....I rarely see any gym posts...it seems like he only trains and watches his diet during camps. No way, smh. 

Again, that's just my observation, so take it with a grain of salt. He just doesn't seem dedicated and does the SAME shit in fights and probably during camp. 

His weigh-in demeanor didn't help at all. It seems like he's actually mad that he has to make the weight and his body shows that.

It kinda reminds me of Pacquiao....this guy NEEDS somebody with experience to keep him in shape or get him in his best fighting shape....it's almost as though Broner does just enough in camp and relies on is power and finesse....it's simply not enough to get him to the top again. 

As Ariza mentioned about Manny....they have him doing the SAME routines he did in camp when he was younger...it just doesn't work anymore. Look at how Khan looks after Ariza left. Look at Manny. The leaders of their camp are just accepting any old effort from them when they should be pushed. 

How in the hell will Manny look against Floyd if they fight again? He didn't look to be in the best of shape the first time around and I'm sure he'll look worse this time. It just amazes me how much of these guys just aren't willing to put in 110% anymore. 

#115 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 03:35 PM

I'm hoping Mikey beats Spence now, maybe we can get a Pacquiao-Garcia fight in the future? I honestly think Mikey can beat him.

#116 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:51 AM

Mikey been calling pac name. They've sparred before. Surprise possible matchup tho....gervonta said he wants the pac fight after mares????

Thoughts

#117 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:01 AM

Mikey been calling pac name. They've sparred before. Surprise possible matchup tho....gervonta said he wants the pac fight after mares????
Thoughts

Pac is old and it showed. Why not have a young killer get a HOF FIGHTER on his resume.

#118 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,155 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:09 AM

People are saying AB took a dive....fuckin sheesh. Robert Easter even eluded to it. Who in their right fuckin minds honestly thought Broner won. Not even the hood thought he won.

Dude only threw 295 punches and landed a "whopping" 50 punches. So yeah, he took a dive and ran straight to the bank. Smh

#119 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 11:38 AM

Dude only threw 295 punches and landed a "whopping" 50 punches. So yeah, he took a dive and ran straight to the bank. Smh

50?! Fuck. I will rewatch the fight on Saturday. 50. Damn.

#120 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 12:34 PM

Refresh my memory. Was this at 140 or 147?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users