• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 01:47 PM

I like Ward alot. Wasn't a fan till he won the super 6. Dude did everything he was supposed to do. But to say he beats everyone at heavy is absurd. I have him beating a few, but all; that's just not the case

#2 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,363 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:53 PM

Ward is like 6'1" on a good day? I'm a Ward fan but no way I'm picking him ahead of AJ, Wilder, Ortiz. Not sure I would even pick him over a guy like big baby.

#3 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,754 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:30 AM

Hopefully a Cruiserweight or Heavyweight return isn't brewing. From the way Ward sounds, he doesn't plan on coming back, so I'll file Prince's assessment under "fantasy fights". 

I don't like to see guys fighting in weight classes where their advantages are small or non-existent, whether they're moving up or even worse....when they move down in weight for fights. 

I'm sure Ward walks around at about 190 lbs, maybe even closer to 200, but that doesn't mean I wanna see him fight HWs. You have to be used to getting hit guys that size and truthfully, their is no weight limit at HW, so you can weigh in at what, 210 lbs and your opponent can be motherfuckers like Big Baby who comes in at 305 or some shit like that. 

Huge Ward fan over here and I know he believes in himself like most men would wanna believe in themselves, but I wouldn't wanna see him take that kind of risk. I haven't seen the Prince interview, hopefully they asked him about this and he gave his thoughts, not the other way around. 

#4 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:59 AM

WARD could not beat USYK at Cruiser..at heavy the even Polish guy would Kownacki would KO him

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users