14 replies to this topic

#11 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 01:55 PM

Had no idea Hammer was 5'11! Sheesh! 

You're right though, she did get dropped against Gabriels, but got up and finished the fight like a champ. Didn't she go down in weight for that fight? I can't remember. 

She did. Think it was a catchweight at 160 lbs. Gabriels came up and Shields went down. Gabriels is fine too. 

• Franchize and AZWildCat like this

#12 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:14 PM

Damn they getting an all access?????

Bravo to the both of em for taking the sport this far for women.

Clarissa spares alot of male talent and the highest of women. That cyborg sparring session was worth paying for!!!

I'll watch just to support
  • KSUN247 likes this

#13 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 12:04 PM

Shields really doesn't like Hammer. I don't think Hammer quite gets that. She's hyping up the fight and I get it but I get the sense Shields will fight her outside of the ring if she feels like it. Hammer has the physical attributes and I'm not all that impressed with Shields skill but Shields is going to be in her face ready to kill her. For Hammer this is another fight. For Shields, she's in there to prove a point and get something off her chest. For now, I'm going with Shields because I think she wants it more.

• KSUN247 likes this

#14 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 12:37 PM

She doesn't like her at all. They had that staged in-ring scuffle after one of Shield's fights. It was straight out of a D-rated action movie.

I wonder if race plays a part in the dislike? Hammer is tall white undefeated Champ. She gets love, especially overseas (Germany) while Shields is a black, undefeated, 2x Olympic Gold Medalist, 4-belt Champion who hardly gets any love in the mainstream media here in the US.

Shields tweeted earlier about not being recognized as a top black female athlete. Popsugar.com had article about 27 top black female athletes in their Black History Month recognition and she was left off the list. Definitely rubbed her the wrong way. With 28 days in the month, you would think she could get that 28th spot. HELL, take LoLo Jones off. I like her, but she's famous for losing everytime she had a big opportunity. LOL!

Hammer will bring out the best in Shields and vice versa. Plus, two All-Access episodes on Showtime. This is gonna be must see TV. This fight, and the marketing will go a long way to increasing the public's interest in women's boxing.

#15 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 05:46 PM

She doesn't like her at all. They had that staged in-ring scuffle after one of Shield's fights. It was straight out of a D-rated action movie.

I wonder if race plays a part in the dislike? Hammer is tall white undefeated Champ. She gets love, especially overseas (Germany) while Shields is a black, undefeated, 2x Olympic Gold Medalist, 4-belt Champion who hardly gets any love in the mainstream media here in the US.

Shields tweeted earlier about not being recognized as a top black female athlete. Popsugar.com had article about 27 top black female athletes in their Black History Month recognition and she was left off the list. Definitely rubbed her the wrong way. With 28 days in the month, you would think she could get that 28th spot. HELL, take LoLo Jones off. I like her, but she's famous for losing everytime she had a big opportunity. LOL!

Hammer will bring out the best in Shields and vice versa. Plus, two All-Access episodes on Showtime. This is gonna be must see TV. This fight, and the marketing will go a long way to increasing the public's interest in women's boxing.

It was staged for Hammer. Not for Shields. 

Timeout...LoLo Jones? lmfaoooooooo

• KSUN247 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users