Follow the Showtime card tonight here.

Jack

#2 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 10:23 PM

Ortiz is just a guy who is a naturally gifted boxer. Dude is just str8 up skilled win lose or draw.

#3 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 10:46 PM

Theyre really playing up this "you beat Spence in the amateurs" angle lol

#4 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:30 PM

Lara looks shop worn and sluggish

#5 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:59 PM

Lara passes up good shots waiting to land perfect ones. 

#6 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 12:07 AM

Lubin called that on the money. No issue with a draw. That was a close fight

#7 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,944 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 09:55 AM

Lubin called that on the money. No issue with a draw. That was a close fight

Yes he did! That's the first thing he's said that made sense after getting KO'd by Charlo, lol. Dude looks like Kevin McCall though. :lol:

Everybody knows I can't stand Lara for nothing in this world, though he is a solid fighter when he doesn't play it too safe. Sadly, he only plays it too safe in big fights and as Paulie mentioned, Lara's legs may be getting old which causes him to have to fight a bit more. 

This Castano guy is pretty decent, I wouldn't mind seeing him again. For some crazy reason, from the back and the side, he looked like Brandon Rios and had the physique of Gabe Rosado. I just couldn't get past that part. 

I kept holding my breath and wondering which shot was gonna put Lara down, but that never happened. I only thought of this because of his amateur career and handful of pro fights....kinda reminded me of the Stevenson/ Gvozdyk situation. Gvozdyk had an extensive background and a few pro fights with a high KO percentage and we saw what happened there. 

Overall, it was a good scrap and I can't be mad at a draw....only because I truly didn't know what to expect. If this is how Lara's gonna fight from this point forward, I'll continue to tune in. 

Ortiz and Hammer made me laugh sooooo hard! The antics on Hammer's behalf put me in the mind of a Mayorga fight, which made it entertaining. His straight right was money all night, but he rarely turned it over....he just slapped with it. Whenever he turned it into a hook, he stopped Ortiz in his tracks a few times. Ortiz is just good...hopefully we can see him vs Brezeale in the next couple of months, if Wilder doesn't lock in a fight with either of them by then. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users