Photo

PPV@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)- Spence vs, Garcia-SPOILERS (No Public Streams)

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#131 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,455 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 07:17 AM

People are giving Mikey credit for taking the fight. People are also giving him credit for lasting all 12. Allow me to give him credit for one more thing. For not making excuses after he got that ass beat. No mysterious camp injury, sickness, i broke my hand around the 4th round, my daddy's dog died none of that. Straight up "I give Spence credit. He was the better man." Period. End of story.

• AZWildCat, Dolimite and KSUN247 like this

#132 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:24 AM

Kell Brook talking smack about why he lost the fight. Blamed it on the eye. In reality, Spence broke the other eye. No excuses for that though. But I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch. I think the outcome would be the same. Maybe, just maybe, he's chasing a payday though. Khan getting his vs Bud Crawford. Time for Kell to get one too. 

Mikey did give him credit. 

I do like that Spence is on social media roasting dudes after the fight. He got a big chip on his shoulder and he's letting everyone know about it and why it's there. LOL! 

#133 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:33 AM

I believe Spence gave Mikey credit as a shot at the other WWs, and I mean, he did actually fight the guy, so I'll take his word over anybody's right about now. And he didn't slight Mikey, he slighted the other WWs when he said Porter didn't take the fight. 

And no, Broner beating Mikey wouldn't have made him P4P best...it would've been a breath of fresh air for his career....so that's a bad comparison. Again, had Broner beaten Manny, it wouldn't have made him P4P best...it would've revived his career a bit....so that's a bad comparison, again. Broner's just....man, smh....I have very little words when it comes to him. Lol

Kell gets more credit for fighting a bigger man in GGG because at that time, it appeared as though nobody wanted to fight him. Kell got a beating and a payday for his trouble, but it showed flaws in Golovkin. Khan got credit for fighting Canelo because it made for a big fight, but that's about it. Nothing major...he didn't necessarily expose Canelo. 

Both Kell and Khan were equally idiotic and annoying for their hops in weight. Why? Because of their love/hate relationship and the fact that we have to deal with it as fans. Khan moves up and gets KO'd by Canelo in May that year. What does Kell do? He says, "Hold my beer....aint no way in hell Khan's gonna get KO'd better than me"....so he took the Golovkin fights just 4 months later and got his issue. I hate both of them equally. They won't fight each other, but they'll try to outdo each other for as long as they breath air.

Don't get me wrong I like Mikey, but I didn't like hownthe media portrayed him to be this fucking Jedi when he was also going against a proven damn Jedi. Mikey made no excuses but in the end, we are talking about how Mikey went 12 rounds versus Spence's dominance. Mikey got exactly what he wanted, exposure and credit. He sets his price. Spence gets iced out because no one will fight him. Pacquiao still wants Mayweather. And I doubt he is trying to be on Spence's W column.

#134 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,080 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 20 March 2019 - 12:10 AM

I picked Spence to stop Mikey early. I didnt expect a close or competitive fight. I didnt think Mikey would get past 4 rounds. Fight was a dud of a fight. it was a memorable event because you have 2 good fighters going at it. We all knew Spence would win. How he would win?? I think most had Spence dominating and stopping Mikey.

With Mikey, we learned that he has an P4P body. he took a hellacious body attack. He got tapped on the chin. However, he stopped fighting around round 9 (probably earlier) and just went into survival mode. I would say he was in safety mode all night. He fought mostly fom the outside and thats uncharacteristic of him. he respected Spence's power. This fight robbed him of a few years of his career, possibly. Still one of todays best guys.

With Spence. He did what what he had to do to win. However, he should receive just a little criticism because he didnt stop a guy who was barely fighting back. Had he cranked it up around the 5th, instead of the 9th, Mikey would have been stopped. Some people would call that patience. maybe so. I still like Spence in a Crawford fight that wont happen until they are both in their late 30's and at 160.

This was supposed to be the biggest fight of the year, to this point. What a dud. That's why people arent so willing to pay for PPV fights. The outcome was clear before the fight. It was not even close.

• AZWildCat likes this

#135 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 04:47 PM

Lmao at anyone saying Mikey could beat Spence--- MAX KELLERMAN in particular...he sounded stupid as hell with this MIKEY GARCIA like Mayweather shit lol..

#136 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,007 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 05:54 PM

Gotta give Mikey credit for calling out and fighting Spence. Why, again? Because it pretty much solidified Spence as THE guy at Welterweight....not because it appears as though nobody wants to fight him, but because he now has star power. 

Is it "1M+ PPV buys" star power? Not at this moment.....but he's damn close and I'm fuckin proud of him! Also....it may not have helped him get those fights at WW that we all wanna see. Why? Because the Mikey fight gave him THAT much more negotiating power and those guys have to submit to him now. 

Imagine....imagine if he lands the Manny fight at the AT&T Stadium this year....it's fuckin over for the rest of the WWs as far as negotiating is concerned. I can't imagine a Thurman, Porter, or Danny Garcia fight getting Errol THIS much publicity and star power (before the Mikey fight). Hate it for the other WWs, but this Mikey fight was a blessing in disguise for Errol. 

Again, if he lands this Manny fight by the end of the year, the other WWs are either gonna HAVE TO go to him for a payday or they have yet ANOTHER reason "not" to fight him due to "business" (e.g. purse splits). 

Ya GOTS to give Mikey credit for calling him out and for Spence taking the fight. 

#137 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 06:50 PM

Gotta give Mikey credit for calling out and fighting Spence. Why, again? Because it pretty much solidified Spence as THE guy at Welterweight....not because it appears as though nobody wants to fight him, but because he now has star power. 

Is it "1M+ PPV buys" star power? Not at this moment.....but he's damn close and I'm fuckin proud of him! Also....it may not have helped him get those fights at WW that we all wanna see. Why? Because the Mikey fight gave him THAT much more negotiating power and those guys have to submit to him now. 

Imagine....imagine if he lands the Manny fight at the AT&T Stadium this year....it's fuckin over for the rest of the WWs as far as negotiating is concerned. I can't imagine a Thurman, Porter, or Danny Garcia fight getting Errol THIS much publicity and star power (before the Mikey fight). Hate it for the other WWs, but this Mikey fight was a blessing in disguise for Errol. 

Again, if he lands this Manny fight by the end of the year, the other WWs are either gonna HAVE TO go to him for a payday or they have yet ANOTHER reason "not" to fight him due to "business" (e.g. purse splits). 

Ya GOTS to give Mikey credit for calling him out and for Spence taking the fight.

Pac wants Floyd and from what I hear, September will be the date.
Spence gets Porter.

#138 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:33 PM

Spence gets Porter.

Pac ain't getting Floyd, not unless he takes the Spence fight and wins in fashion. Floyd could come out and fight Porter same night for easy Money

#139 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,007 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:09 AM

Spence gets Porter.

I don't know how much he's expecting to take home from a Floyd rematch, but best believe, financially....he's gonna get shafted. Last time, Arum was involved, so they split was halfway decent.

But this time, Pac's gonna have to take whatever they give him...UNLESS he pulls off some miracle like beating Thurman or Spence by the end of the year. I know that's a tall order, but those are his only options to help him poke his chest out at the negotiating table. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users