• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,455 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 11:49 AM

Issue is guys wanting to be crowned prematurely. When Floyd became a superstar, he had already amassed a HOF career the casuals who call him a cherrypicker dont even know exist. Same with Manny. Some of these guys win a few exciting bouts on an undercard and already are being billed as the next big thing without even having amateur background buzz.

• Cshel86 likes this

#12 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,798 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 01:28 PM

These guys in this generation are so scared to fight each other but would rather keep calling out the previous greats (yes Manny and Floyd are PREVIOUS by this point)

#13 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,455 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:36 PM

I get the need to make a buck but none of these guys deserve any credit for beating Manny or Money. Both guys are 40+. In ANY other era, youd be a clown for calling out a 40 year old
  • Cshel86 likes this

#14 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 05:26 PM

I get the need to make a buck but none of these guys deserve any credit for beating Manny or Money. Both guys are 40+. In ANY other era, youd be a clown for calling out a 40 year old

The thing is they don't look like complete shit. Marcos wants a Mayweather rematch! There are so many young guys that can be stars. Fuck you Amir Khan for making this shit a trend!

#15 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,007 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 08:16 AM

Social media made Ryan Garcia who he is. These cats ain't using the platform correctly. Imagine if Ali had an Instagram or Tyson! Shit would be bananas or Duran or Macho Camecho! I think these fighters feel they should be doing Mayweather PPV money but without the work that comes with it. Crawford shouldn't be fighting Khan and Keith needs to get his ass in the ring with either Errol or a top welter.
Danny is another one who needs to move forward. I think the undefeated record is what has these guys afraid to step up. A or two isn't a career killer, how you lose and who you lose to counts. Cotto is a prime example.

Bingo! Entitlement. Period. 

Haymon is leading these guys' careers and paying them good money, and it appears as though a lot of them feel like they "made it" already. I don't even mind them fighting B-level guys, just stay active. There's no need for us to see a Welterweight fight this month and "hope" to see him again by the end of the year. That's just horrible. 

These guys should be fighting every 3 months like most up and coming guys, but as I stated earlier, they're making enough to sit out of the ring for a good 6-8 months. I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, but things are getting ridiculous at this point. 

I'm completely fine with Crawford fighting Khan because the name on the resume is what counts. Another thing is, Crawford's way more active than any of the current welterweights, and I'm sure we'll see him fighting once or twice more before the year's out. Bob's good for keeping his guys busy, hence Manny's record and career. 

I'm okay with Danny fighting Granados at this point as well, because let's face it, Danny's fought A LOT more guys than the current welterweights and he doesn't mind fighting anybody. 

Now, for Keith and Errol....well....I don't know. Keith is either gonna lock in this Manny fight by July (as the headlines have suggested) or he gonna lock up against Ugas. Errol is pretty much THE guy to beat at WW, so we'll see what his next move is. As for Porter....he's pretty much on borrowed time and I trust either him or Danny to take the Spence fight before anybody else does. 

I like when these guys are matched well and I can see a few good fights happening this year...especially if we throw Ugas in the mix. Broner/Garcia would be a good Welterweight scrap, regardless of what people think about AB. The difference is, AB has a name a big fan base....a lot of these guys can't claim that as consistently as AB can. 

#16 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,007 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 08:30 AM

Issue is guys wanting to be crowned prematurely. When Floyd became a superstar, he had already amassed a HOF career the casuals who call him a cherrypicker dont even know exist. Same with Manny. Some of these guys win a few exciting bouts on an undercard and already are being billed as the next big thing without even having amateur background buzz.

People just don't know how iconic Pretty Boy Floyd was....they only notice "Money" and wanna talk like they've boxing fans all this time. Either that, or they hate Money so much and wants to rewrite history as though Pretty Boy didn't exist. The same for Manny....if they only knew his body of work back then....all they see is his record and how many fights he's been in....but they'll never truly experience dude's groundwork. 

I like the new fighters now, but seriously....all they have to do is KEEP FIGHTING! They're allowing social media to crown them as THE man, but I can't look at ANY of these guys the way I did the old Manny and Floyd. They just....don't have it. 

Maybe I'm just getting old, but these new guys are underwhelming blowhards. I can't do much but compare them to new artists now....they'll have a hit or two, then fizzle out after about 2-3 years, if they're lucky. Right now, though....I can turn on an old Outkast or Pac or Biggie album and enjoy it...and those shits dropped over 20 years. ago. 

• Franchize likes this

#17 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 09:00 AM

People just don't know how iconic Pretty Boy Floyd was....they only notice "Money" and wanna talk like they've boxing fans all this time. Either that, or they hate Money so much and wants to rewrite history as though Pretty Boy didn't exist. The same for Manny....if they only knew his body of work back then....all they see is his record and how many fights he's been in....but they'll never truly experience dude's groundwork. 

I like the new fighters now, but seriously....all they have to do is KEEP FIGHTING! They're allowing social media to crown them as THE man, but I can't look at ANY of these guys the way I did the old Manny and Floyd. They just....don't have it. 

Maybe I'm just getting old, but these new guys are underwhelming blowhards. I can't do much but compare them to new artists now....they'll have a hit or two, then fizzle out after about 2-3 years, if they're lucky. Right now, though....I can turn on an old Outkast or Pac or Biggie album and enjoy it...and those shits dropped over 20 years. ago.

Pretty Boy fought 3 or four times a year. That man was hungry and if his hands didn't betray him he would of fought probably more. He only became Money when Pretty Boy stopped putting asses in seats. The funny thing is, Floyd was quiet, didn't brag, just did his job
Manny seemed to fight every other week
The hunger he fought with was unmatched. These new fighters sign a contract and live off that bonus. Khan was a name 5 years ago and Keith ain't getting Manny. Now he might get AB but he ain't getting Manny. Errol needs a signature fight...Mikey didn't do shit for him because the smart fans knew what would happen. Lomo who is being crowned greatest boxer ever after having 15 fights is starting to believe his own hype because dude isn't fighting anyone with a pluse cuz he believes they haven't earned it...and damn do I feel bad for GGG. No date home alone with his dick in his hand.
The shit that these kids listen to is baffling. I was listening to Red Man's Muddy Waters yesterday in my car the kid next to me was like "Ay sir, who dat? Is that a new rapper?" "Redman." The kid looked lost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users