• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,155 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 10:26 AM

Listen....I was in the same frame of mind as most when Harrison's hand was raised last December. However, after hearing Harrison straight g-check Charlo for the WHOLE press conference and afterwards, something tells me he found something and is looking to knock Jermell down another peg in the rematch. 

When I say he brought the HEAT during the presser yesterday, it was SERIOUS! Charlo barely had any type of comeback, and found himself mentioning Piru or some shit like that. Grow up, dude. 

I'm not saying Harrison beat Jermell soundly the first time around, but he's clearly been in his head since December and can only be more dangerous in the rematch....as long as it doesn't get into the later rounds because Harrison tends to slow down. 

Remember....Jermell was going for the KO all night long and couldn't do much more than hurt Harrison on a couple of occasions. So, I can't see Jermell going in there all half-cocked and sloppy like last time. 

Thoughts?

#2 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 03:49 PM

Listen....I was in the same frame of mind as most when Harrison's hand was raised last December. However, after hearing Harrison straight g-check Charlo for the WHOLE press conference and afterwards, something tells me he found something and is looking to knock Jermell down another peg in the rematch. 

When I say he brought the HEAT during the presser yesterday, it was SERIOUS! Charlo barely had any type of comeback, and found himself mentioning Piru or some shit like that. Grow up, dude. 

I'm not saying Harrison beat Jermell soundly the first time around, but he's clearly been in his head since December and can only be more dangerous in the rematch....as long as it doesn't get into the later rounds because Harrison tends to slow down. 

Remember....Jermell was going for the KO all night long and couldn't do much more than hurt Harrison on a couple of occasions. So, I can't see Jermell going in there all half-cocked and sloppy like last time. 

Thoughts?

Harrison has the tools to get the nod again. The onus is on Charlo to take the belt back... If he gets too reckless he could find himself getting up off the canvas going for the KO

Edited by MAHDI, 09 May 2019 - 03:49 PM.

• Cshel86 likes this

#3 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 10:44 AM

Thoughts?

Detroit at they best. They talk shit really well...James Tony before he turned into a pile of goo I guess and after.
Charlo isn't a gangsta for real. Instagram got these new dudes thinking they the don dada. Charlo is a better fighter so it makes for good press.
  • Cshel86 likes this

#4 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,155 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:06 PM

Harrison has the tools to get the nod again. The onus is on Charlo to take the belt back... If he gets too reckless he could find himself getting up off the canvas going for the KO

I rewatched the fight again this past weekend and I must say, it was a lot closer than I saw the first time around. Harrison doesn't sound like a guy who got lucky and he's surely in Jermell's head right now. 

Jermell did nothing more than shoot for the KO the whole first fight and there was a lot of posturing going on. Harrison did A LOT of countering which kept Jermell honest and a bit hesitant in some rounds. 

I'm honestly hype for this one! 

• MAHDI likes this

#5 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,155 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:08 PM

Detroit at they best. They talk shit really well...James Tony before he turned into a pile of goo I guess and after.
Charlo isn't a gangsta for real. Instagram got these new dudes thinking they the don dada. Charlo is a better fighter so it makes for good press.

Listen! If 24/7 or All Access was a big deal back in the day, then I'm sure there'd be more gems dropped on Toney's behalf. Dude was nothing short of entertaining, but definitely serious about his shit. The Jirov and the Holyfield fights were a site to see!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users