• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 09:17 AM

I was shocked to hear of this match. I saw Judah on Myrtle ave in Brooklyn last summer and dude looked like he had been nowhere near a gym. I am interested to see if Judah can get rid of Seldin. Judah reminded him he has more knockouts than he has fights lol...  This could be a real slugfest???

#2 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,213 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 12:41 PM

I've been knowing about this one for a few weeks now (via Judah's Instagram), but couldn't really get up for it. You're right, though....Judah wasn't in the best shape last year but I don't think he had any assignments either. 

Seldin is so frickin' limited, it's shameful to say the least. On the other hand, all he really has to do is land a couple of punches and we may see the end of Judah. He's always a live underdog, but his last shot at glory was against Danny Garcia back in 2013. The Paulie fight in 2014 was a gimme in regards to a good ol' fashion Brooklyn showdown between the two and Judah just didn't do anything that night. 

If a limited guy like Seldin can get him outta there, then Judah may need to hang em up for good. I will admit, this is a decent scrap, but Judah goes nowhere (e.g. the ranks) from here, win lose or draw. 

• MAHDI likes this

#3 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,765 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 01:54 PM

Hey why not? This fight is like hooking back up with that one chic you said you wouldn't see any because it was that bad..but you saw her and said fuck it let's try it just to see if it was a bad night or she really was that bad of a lay.
  • MAHDI likes this

#4 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 10:59 AM

We really haven't touched on this. But I hope that was the last time we see Zab in the ring. He's done. He took a beating in his TKO loss. Went to hospital later on after experiencing some pain. Doctors said he had bleeding on the brain. He's since been released from the hospital, but that's a scary thought. Not everybody gets to get back to a comfortable life after suffering those type of injuries. Take a look at Gerald McClellan, Prichard Colon, Adonis Stevenson and Magomed Abdusalamov.

Hopefully, Zab will announce his retirement. He can still be involved in the sport, just not as an active boxer.

#5 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,213 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:07 AM

We really haven't touched on this. But I hope that was the last time we see Zab in the ring. He's done. He took a beating in his TKO loss. Went to hospital later on after experiencing some pain. Doctors said he had bleeding on the brain. He's since been released from the hospital, but that's a scary thought. Not everybody gets to get back to a comfortable life after suffering those type of injuries. Take a look at Gerald McClellan, Prichard Colon, Adonis Stevenson and Magomed Abdusalamov.

Hopefully, Zab will announce his retirement. He can still be involved in the sport, just not as an active boxer.

This! I saw it all over the Instagram over the past couple of weeks and I won't act like I wasn't worried about him. We all know the repercussions of this sport, but these guys do it for our entertainment. 

I hate he took a beating at the hands of a slouch like Seldin, but what can we do? You're right, though...he's lucky to walk away from that situation with his faculties intact....most don't. 

I saw Stevenson getting a bit of press last week after being seen in public and I was happy to at least see him smiling and moving well. He spoke French so I couldn't understand him or gauge if he had any difficulty speaking. 

I just wish a lot of these fighters would do better with their money so we can see them living life after their careers are done, but you know how that story goes. Prayers up for the Judah family! 

PS: I hope Manny's planning an exit after this year. If he looks good against Keith next month, he should seriously look at a soft touch or two, then ride off in the sunset. THese brain damage stories hit different when it's a fighter you've followed for nearly two decades. 

• MAHDI and KSUN247 like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: this will be good

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users