Photo

PPV@9PM(ET)/6PM (PT)-Pacquaio vs. Thurman-SPOILERS (No Public Streams) Fox Prelims 2hrs. Earlier

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#161 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:56 AM

Working on #7. This will be it for me. Mine are 18, 14, 12, 11, 10, 8. The 10 year old is the only girl.

The youngest is a girl and she's spoiled. Complete daddy's girl.
7! Lucky number.
  • The Original MrFactor likes this

#162 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,605 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:13 AM

Claude Hammercy. 7 children. My wife had to coax 2 out of me lol. I couldn't even imagine. 

I enjoyed the fight. I think Manny showed the difference between great and good. Keith started reverting to being a bitch in the middle rounds and it's like a light switch went off in his head and told him "you're in a fight, you might as well do so because he's going to punch you either way." Bottom line is, Keith is a flashy fighter but he's not very tough. He looks bad against guys who don't mind getting hit. While my prediction was wrong that he'd catch Manny slipping after losing most of the fight, I did ask a very important question that I believe was answered. What will Keith do when he lands the huge shot he was setting up for and Manny is still coming forward. Keith's plan B always involves retreating. Got hit? Retreat. Landed a big shot that didn't phase your opponent? Retreat. Took one to the body? Retreat. Opponent wants to rough you up on the inside? Retreat. 

To answer Dolomite's question. No...this win doesn't propel Manny ahead of Floyd unless you just hate Floyd. For starters, Floyd DOMINATED Manny. He also beat Canelo, which is a bigger win than Thurman. To be honest, this win for Manny is around the level of Floyd's over Corrales. Let's not forget Manny was the betting favorite going into this one. 

#163 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:44 PM

Claude Hammercy. 7 children. My wife had to coax 2 out of me lol. I couldn't even imagine. 

I enjoyed the fight. I think Manny showed the difference between great and good. Keith started reverting to being a bitch in the middle rounds and it's like a light switch went off in his head and told him "you're in a fight, you might as well do so because he's going to punch you either way." Bottom line is, Keith is a flashy fighter but he's not very tough. He looks bad against guys who don't mind getting hit. While my prediction was wrong that he'd catch Manny slipping after losing most of the fight, I did ask a very important question that I believe was answered. What will Keith do when he lands the huge shot he was setting up for and Manny is still coming forward. Keith's plan B always involves retreating. Got hit? Retreat. Landed a big shot that didn't phase your opponent? Retreat. Took one to the body? Retreat. Opponent wants to rough you up on the inside? Retreat. 

To answer Dolomite's question. No...this win doesn't propel Manny ahead of Floyd unless you just hate Floyd. For starters, Floyd DOMINATED Manny. He also beat Canelo, which is a bigger win than Thurman. To be honest, this win for Manny is around the level of Floyd's over Corrales. Let's not forget Manny was the betting favorite going into this one.

But Manny had a bad shoulder and Floyd made it boring. Said every Manny fan.
I still think Manny actively seeks out Floyd. 200 million dollar payday. Spence won't give him that retirement payday. Plus Spence would end Pacman
Thurman can fight Porter again or he can take the Broner bait.

#164 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,605 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 09:51 AM

The only people who want to see Mayweather/Pacquiao 2 are people who want to see Floyd lose. 

Thurman should absolutely fight Broner. It's a fight fans will tune in to see and one he'll take very little damage in. 

• Cshel86 likes this

#165 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,754 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 11:51 AM

The only people who want to see Mayweather/Pacquiao 2 are people who want to see Floyd lose. 

Thurman should absolutely fight Broner. It's a fight fans will tune in to see and one he'll take very little damage in. 

Agree,  Main points:

• Floyd is just a bit stylistically better than Manny and will always win around 117-111 to 115-113.
  • Floyd is masterfully tactical and a brilliant businessman, but often not an exciting fighter.  In other words a second fight with Manny will be boring again.
  • Floyd's last exciting fights were Hatton and Cotto.  It's been a long time.
  • Neither Floyd nor Manny have anything left to prove. Let these two legends retire with their health intact.
  • I HATE Broner and would love Thurman to beat his fucking ass!!!  Oh, that would be awesome!!!
  • The loss was a great learning experience for Keith.  Keith hasn't been quite the same fighter since the Porter war, but he'll be back!
  • Only judge Glenn Feldman had Thurman winning.  My friend Matt who is a boxing writer and historian carded 113-113, but gave the 4th to Thurman.  Upon review, he said that was probably Manny's round , in which case Manny pulls it out.
  • Score ranges of 117-110 to 115-112 or 115-113 as I had for Manny with one even round seemed the most fair.
  • Floyd values that "O" more than life itself, and sees no reason to take the rematch.
  • Both should retire, but there are more exciting fights for Manny than a Floyd rematch.

Jack

#166 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,605 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 12:03 PM

I think I had the fight to where the KD was the difference. Can't remember for sure. I'd have to go back and watch it. It was closer than the commentators (who were terrible btw) made it out to be. Manny gave away a lot of later rounds. I think I gave Keith the 4th as well. I think I had Manny up 4-2 by the 6th round. 

#167 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,480 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:12 AM

I believe Keith's undoing was him not pushing Manny to the limits. Manny recognized his limits and backed off when he felt like it, leaving Keith nothing to work with. Keith was more reactive than anything in this fight and it showed.

Even in a losing effort, Keith showed us what he was made of, the same way Broner did in the Maidana fight. I just hope Keith doesn't do what Broner did and start to get gun shy in fights and not do enough, in fear of being pushed to those uncomfortable limits. 

#168 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:22 AM

Did anyone read the social media spat (not a beef) that Pac and May had? Fuck...fans are already predicting a rematch. I knew this would happen. Floyd will be 43 next year hasn't fought in how long? Now if he does come out of his 19th retirement and beats Pac convincingly and willingly, it's a wrap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users