• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:18 PM

After watching Tank Davis's fight I decided to see what fans were saying about his fight. I read the most vile comments concerning Davis "he needs to shut his illiterate mouth up" "he and Broner can rob together" " like Baltimore, Tank is Trash" "PBC stands for Protecting Black Cowards" and was floored. I know some of this has to do with fans unhealthy hatred of Haymon and Mayweather but why even that? Haymon brought boxing back to regular tv which Arum and GBP both followed. Mayweather revived boxer with his behavior and fights. Davis isn't the only fighter, When AJ lost to Ruiz I swear I thought I was reading a KKK message board, when Spence beat Mikey one poster said " when is the ape going to fight someone his own sizes" why do these assholes watch this sport? I have my issues with certain fighters but I ain't a dip shit to be attacking they ethnicity. When Sergi Kov. was saying racist shit pe5in the boxing community went silent. These are the same bitches who question Ward and called him a fake Christian and he doesn't fight like a real black boxer! I get tired of living with racism and talking about it but it's here, boxing has had or is having issues with it, but as fans we should leave the bullshit out of it. It hurts to read these comments when the only thing these fighters do is fight to make a living and to entertain us.
  • Cshel86 and KSUN247 like this

#2 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,480 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:22 AM

After watching Tank Davis's fight I decided to see what fans were saying about his fight. I read the most vile comments concerning Davis "he needs to shut his illiterate mouth up" "he and Broner can rob together" " like Baltimore, Tank is Trash" "PBC stands for Protecting Black Cowards" and was floored. I know some of this has to do with fans unhealthy hatred of Haymon and Mayweather but why even that? Haymon brought boxing back to regular tv which Arum and GBP both followed. Mayweather revived boxer with his behavior and fights. Davis isn't the only fighter, When AJ lost to Ruiz I swear I thought I was reading a KKK message board, when Spence beat Mikey one poster said " when is the ape going to fight someone his own sizes" why do these assholes watch this sport? I have my issues with certain fighters but I ain't a dip shit to be attacking they ethnicity. When Sergi Kov. was saying racist shit pe5in the boxing community went silent. These are the same bitches who question Ward and called him a fake Christian and he doesn't fight like a real black boxer! I get tired of living with racism and talking about it but it's here, boxing has had or is having issues with it, but as fans we should leave the bullshit out of it. It hurts to read these comments when the only thing these fighters do is fight to make a living and to entertain us.

It is sickening, but I'd be the first to say it was at it's worst during the Mayweather/Pacquiao "negotiations" era (2009-2015). I saw some of THE most disturbing commentary during that time, and I'm sure people only say these things because their identity is anonymous. 

Speaking of racism, let's talk about some of these "journalists" who bring racism into EVERY fuckin situation...and I'm mainly speaking of that Fred guy from that Barbershop Conversations channel on YouTube. 

He had an issue with Andre Ward a few months ago regarding a comment (Ward) made about Wilder that was taken waaay out of context. This motherfucker kept using the whole "us" (black people) and "them" (caucasians) argument that he felt Ward endured during the buildup for both Kovalev fights. 

Ward professionally checked his dumb ass and let him know, if he had anything to say to or about him, then he should reach out to him first. I mean, this discussion went on for nearly 20 mins and I swear Tim Bradley was ready to step on dude's neck before the convo even began. 

Now he's making MORE videos talking about Eddie Hearn and once again, using "the black card" for his shit-ass agenda. I'm black and dammit, I'll be the first to say not everything is about race and I hate when people bring it up JUST to have a talking point. He's also been coming at Crawford and Bomac regarding their reasons for not crying for a Spence fight. They haven't even really given him a "reason", so to speak, so he just makes stuff up as he goes. 

That goes for the Barbershop Conversations guy (who's channel isn't really worth the watch) and those other LDBC fucktards spreading this whole racial inequality bullshit. They all suck and they don't speak for me at all. 

I fuckin despise a lot of these boxing media outlets. Most of these "journalists" are making it more about them and less about the fighters. This whole "Bob Arum won't let his guys fight x,y,z is SO old and guys are still beating that dead horse for click bait and such. 

• KSUN247 likes this

#3 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 12:11 PM

It truly SUCKS! Folks can say what they want about someone behind a keyboard. Internet anonymity is what keeps folks talking $H!T. Not really any repercussions for their actions.

Some trolls eventually will get checked because someone will find out who they are and call them on their BS. A few months back some dudes (DAZN?) had Zab Judah and Teo Lopez walk up on guys at their place of employment. Whole attitudes changed when actually confronted. These guys didn't talk racist stuff, but were badmouthing the boxers.

I know some boxers try to rile up the fan base for PPV (tix/buys) just to be infamous. Gotta play the villian to boost sales and interest in the fight.  Broner did it with his "CAN MAN" talk. Floyd did with it De La Hoya and Pacquiao.

When surfing the web for boxing content, the racist stuff is there. Black vs White and Mexican vs Black are the main ones I've been seeing. Usually in the comments sections when folks have fake screen names or anonymous profiles on Facebook or other social media.

Some outlets post controversial stuff just for clicks.  But nobody wants to have a real intelligent discussion on the issues.

Speaking of racists. Did ya'll peep what Sergey Kovalev just did? He was thrown off a plane for harassing a woman and trying to treat like a stripper by throwing money at her.   He's just a P.O.S. in my book. Can't wait for him to get his butt whipped again. 

• Cshel86 likes this

#4 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 03:49 PM

It truly SUCKS! Folks can say what they want about someone behind a keyboard. Internet anonymity is what keeps folks talking $H!T. Not really any repercussions for their actions.

Some trolls eventually will get checked because someone will find out who they are and call them on their BS. A few months back some dudes (DAZN?) had Zab Judah and Teo Lopez walk up on guys at their place of employment. Whole attitudes changed when actually confronted. These guys didn't talk racist stuff, but were badmouthing the boxers.

I know some boxers try to rile up the fan base for PPV (tix/buys) just to be infamous. Gotta play the villian to boost sales and interest in the fight.  Broner did it with his "CAN MAN" talk. Floyd did with it De La Hoya and Pacquiao.

When surfing the web for boxing content, the racist stuff is there. Black vs White and Mexican vs Black are the main ones I've been seeing. Usually in the comments sections when folks have fake screen names or anonymous profiles on Facebook or other social media.

Some outlets post controversial stuff just for clicks.  But nobody wants to have a real intelligent discussion on the issues.

Speaking of racists. Did ya'll peep what Sergey Kovalev just did? He was thrown off a plane for harassing a woman and trying to treat like a stripper by throwing money at her.   He's just a P.O.S. in my book. Can't wait for him to get his butt whipped again.

Kovalev is a piece of shit. Plain and simple. But boxing fans love him. Imagine if Canelo or Crawford did that. Front news! Didn't hear about it. If Canelo does face him I hope he beats his ass.
Boxing fans need to grow up. Insult a man but you ain't be fuckin racist about it.

#5 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,480 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:01 AM

Yes, I saw that! Lol

I love those guys at DAZN (AK and Barak)...they're great for boxing and keeps the fans engaged in the sport! They sort of put me in the mind of Desus and Mero (also cool guys), but a bit more serious and don't mind educating the fans. That's what's needed....education!

And yes, the racist and obscene comments are frickin' horrible, but what can we do when guys can just create spam accounts and vent. I actually feel sorry for them or anybody who gets a kick out of belittling and berating fighters, when their life is really a pile of shit. I'm sure most of these fighters have risen above being upset about this type of stuff, but it exists and it's sad. 

Sergey Kovalev is just a POS, period. People want to bring up where he's from and so on, but ignorance is no defense. Sadly, Kovalev's one of those guys that will end up getting iced by a law abiding citizen, if he keeps this up. His level of ignorance and hate is beyond me, and I'm past the point of separating the art from the artist....he's just a flat-out loser with punching power and bruised ego. 

His legal issues are piling up and I don't see it ending well for him if he continues down this path. He'll be beaten again, but I don't really think Yarde has much for him, but we'll see. Speaking of Kovalev, I still feel like Alvarez threw his rematch with Sergey...it just didn't add up to me. 

#6 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,480 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:07 AM

Kovalev is a piece of shit. Plain and simple. But boxing fans love him. Imagine if Canelo or Crawford did that. Front news! Didn't hear about it. If Canelo does face him I hope he beats his ass.
Boxing fans need to grow up. Insult a man but you ain't be fuckin racist about it.

Sadly, it's always been this way...it's just more prevalent now because EVERYBODY can jump in and comment on the sport now because it's on more platforms. 

I remember Ben telling us about updating the website (this had to be in like 2012 or 2013) so it can receive more traffic...this included the idea of allowing people with social media accounts to comment on the front page and so on. 

Remember when things were a bit more exclusive back in the days? You actually had to sit in front of a computer, create an account and talk boxing here. Now, you can pick up your phone and comment on the front page, Facebook, IG, Twitter, etc. So, the traffic picked up, but slowed down here on the forum. 

I'm just amazed at how "instant" everything is, versus the way it was just a few years ago. I honestly feel it should be an age limit to post on sites, because, most of these people are probably minors. I hope that's the case and I'm seriously trying to give grown men an "out" here, but I'd be hurt to know that grown men still feel the need to troll on otherworldly levels just to get their points across. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users