• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 04:05 PM

Yard too muscle bound tight like Pascal. He got more ass kickings coming to him because he is nothing special and too damned tight

#12 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,506 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 07:39 PM

Man....that last jab pulled the rug from beneath Yarde's feet and shattered his dreams on his way to the canvas. He's gotta live with that, but those muscles didn't help the case at all. He seemed to be in good spirits in the post-fight interview though. 

Kovalev on the other hand is on borrowed time and he knows it. At 36, he doesn't need to be out here proving how badass he is, but I'm sure he's gonna keep pushing it. Smh

#13 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 09:42 AM

The commentary would have people believe Yarde was outclassed but if you watch the fight on mute and don't read the comments, you'd realize that he was super close to dominating this fight. If he gets his conditioning up (you can't be a world class fighter without sparring) and gets better training, he'll be wiping the floor with guys like Sergio. The tools are there. Tired of people writing guys off after one loss. This dude is talented. 

Like many other young fighters, however, he doesn't yet know how to construct a round. The great ones know how to come forward in spots, rest in spots, make their opponent tire themselves out in spots etc. All based on where they are stamina wise. That's where a young fighter's corner comes in until they can do it for themselves. Yarde's corner let him down. 

#14 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 05:54 PM

The commentary would have people believe Yarde was outclassed but if you watch the fight on mute and don't read the comments, you'd realize that he was super close to dominating this fight. If he gets his conditioning up (you can't be a world class fighter without sparring) and gets better training, he'll be wiping the floor with guys like Sergio. The tools are there. Tired of people writing guys off after one loss. This dude is talented. 

Like many other young fighters, however, he doesn't yet know how to construct a round. The great ones know how to come forward in spots, rest in spots, make their opponent tire themselves out in spots etc. All based on where they are stamina wise. That's where a young fighter's corner comes in until they can do it for themselves. Yarde's corner let him down.

I hear you and agree but he got KOD by a jab lmao...He is too tight. Physically he needs an overhaul. He also is not good enough defensively to have his hands down.

#15 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 08:02 PM

I hear you and agree but he got KOD by a jab lmao...He is too tight. Physically he needs an overhaul. He also is not good enough defensively to have his hands down.

He got KO'd by fatigue. Kovalev could have spit on him and he would have went down. Also, with the exception of the jab, Kovalev wasn't landing clean shots so I don't think Yarde's defense is bad at all. Btw, I'm not a Yarde fan or anything. I'm just tired of people like "welp he lost. Must have been a hype job." No he lost to a perennial stalwart of the division and gave him hell. Let's not forget Buddy McGirt was threatening to throw in the towel 2 rounds prior and for good reason. People need to pump the breaks on cancel culture. And this is bigger than Yarde btw. Boxers lose fights. Everyone aint Floyd and Dre. 

Edited by Franchize, 06 September 2019 - 08:04 PM.

#16 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 01:52 PM

He got KO'd by fatigue. Kovalev could have spit on him and he would have went down. Also, with the exception of the jab, Kovalev wasn't landing clean shots so I don't think Yarde's defense is bad at all. Btw, I'm not a Yarde fan or anything. I'm just tired of people like "welp he lost. Must have been a hype job." No he lost to a perennial stalwart of the division and gave him hell. Let's not forget Buddy McGirt was threatening to throw in the towel 2 rounds prior and for good reason. People need to pump the breaks on cancel culture. And this is bigger than Yarde btw. Boxers lose fights. Everyone aint Floyd and Dre. 

Well, he will need change his physique it seems like A Joshua.. looking like Ken Norton will not cut it. He is too tight and also punches quite wide often. He seems to me very beatable

#17 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,506 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:49 AM

Remember when he spit on Ismayl Sillah after he KO'd him???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users