Photo

Canelo vs kovalev or saunders vs kovalev?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:31 AM

That man was NOT 180 lbs during the Khan fight. I don't know where you all keep getting that number from, but that dude's never stepped in the rign that heavy. 

There are weight classes for a reason...height, reach, neck size, walk-around weight, etc. Just because a guy rehydrates to a certain size or walks around a certain weight between fights, doesn't necessarily mean he can compete at that weight. 

Kovalev probably walks around at 190-195 lbs and gets hit by guys around that same weight who rehydrates to about 185 or 190 on fight night. Canelo doesn't face guys of that size...and the Chavez Jr. fight doesn't count. Lol

Lol
You're absolutely correct it was 187

#22 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 08:53 AM

I'm watching the video Cshel posted. Would a Canelo fight bring Ward out of retirement? Would Canelo want that fight? Who would win? I'd pay to see that one. Dre is only 35.

#23 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 02:46 PM

I'm watching the video Cshel posted. Would a Canelo fight bring Ward out of retirement? Would Canelo want that fight? Who would win? I'd pay to see that one. Dre is only 35.

Canelo and delahoya actually did express interest in this fight a few months back and ward declined

#24 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,838 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 07:18 PM

I don't think Ward on his worst day would lose to Canelo. Ward is a tactical fighter and the only fight Saul technically lost was against a tactical fighter. Andre would make a nice piece of change against Canelo if it did happen.

#25 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 07:40 PM

Canelo and delahoya actually did express interest in this fight a few months back and ward declined

De La Hoya is good for expressing interest in shit he knows aint gonna happen lol

#26 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 09:48 PM

It's his job to, gotta sell em something that makes you look good
  • Franchize likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users