Photo

Andre Ward and the Joe Rogan Experience!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,506 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:00 PM

Gotta love this guy! I had no idea 2 hours flew by that quick, but dammit, I enjoyed every minute of it! 

• Franchize likes this

#2 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 11:43 AM

I'll watch this tonight

#3 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 12:51 AM

Looks like he's in great shape and could still get in there and mix it up.

I wonder if he would reconsider and have a big fight if the opportunity presented itself.

#4 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,506 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 07:49 AM

Looks like he's in great shape and could still get in there and mix it up.

I wonder if he would reconsider and have a big fight if the opportunity presented itself.

He keeps saying he won't, and I'm inclined to believe him. It's only been two years since he's retired, so you never know. He's mentioned a big fight at HW a few times, but it has to be the "right fight".

I don't know, man...I love the idea of him and Bradley retiring young and giving back to the sport in form of commentary for these dumb ass "fans" out here, but I'm also a bit selfish and wouldn't mind seeing him in there again. 

Trust me, if he was any smaller (a middleweight, per se), I'm sure he'd go after it again. Problem is, he's been off for a while and there's no "Pacquiaos" in his division and LW is kinda "so so" right now, so he'd have to jump to HW and make a final statement. That's a lot to think about. 

• Franchize and AZWildCat like this

#5 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 05:42 PM

Thing is, he's smart enough not to play himself and fight a Wilder but the smaller HW aren't worth it monetarily to come back. Unless he fights Usyk, I can't see him coming back to any division. 

#6 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 02:37 PM

I know for a fact he wanted the Andy Ruiz fight, damn near everyone from 175 up wants that fight. Who don't wanna fight for all those belts in the most prolific division in sports.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users