Photo

PPV@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)- Spence vs Porter-SPOILERS (No Public Streams)

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#181 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,679 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 12:45 AM

Terry Norris looks like one of the Wayans brothers. Lol

#182 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 01:53 AM

Terry Norris looks like one of the Wayans brothers. Lol

You calling everyone the Wayans tonight lol

#183 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 01:54 AM

Casuals kill me. MFer criticizing Spence for not KOin Porter as if Porter regularly gets put to sleep. Nobody KO'd Porter before. Why is this surprising. BTW, the fight went EXACTLY how I thought it would. Excellent bout

#184 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,863 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 07:14 AM

My mom..."I just don't think I like the ladies doing this (commentary)". Moms said it. Eff all that equality crap! 

:lol:

Always hated female commentators. Dave Chappelle's Sticks and Stones.
Porter has it but doesn't have the trainer to bring all of it out. Wasn't expecting a spilt decision. Porter earned the respect of a lot of people including Spence. I still don't think we have seen Soence at his full potential. Keith should retire and Danny should fight AB and be done. Antonio Brown. Lol
  • Franchize likes this

#185 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 10:05 AM

PBC gotta get a better crew tho. They were throwing thunder in there and the reaction was dull as hell. Action was being missed because Lewis and Goosen wer trying to one up each other on boxing knowledge. It's been consistently a disaster as of late. Go to Teddy Atlas, Paulie, Gus, Ward and say name your price. I'd say Al Bernstein but I can't see him ever leaving Showtime. 

• Cshel86 and KSUN247 like this

#186 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 10:45 AM

Those guys are horrible. They may have extensive boxing knowledge, but it comes across the network as straight up hot garbage. They are boring. See if they can get Maura Renallo too. Wouldn't even mind Gus Johnson doing play by play. Those guys keep you hyped. The current guys are just dull. They lack personality too. Boom-Boom gots to go also. Don't know why they want former champs, but they get these old dudes. I'm sure there are some young retired/rarely active guys they can get to help with the broadcast. I know everyone isn't a great speaker, but Mancini, Sugar Ray, Lewis are horrible. Abner Mares is decent. Jesse Vargas was ok, when I last saw him. Heck, throw some money at some of the small time promotions and see what they have to offer. Current product is subpar. 

• Franchize likes this

#187 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 11:30 PM

Thought it was pretty even till the knockdown, then Spence took it. If Porter worked on his conditioning more he could take it in a rematch. Whatever he was doing, we was getting in, landing good shots, had Spence backing up and shelling up a lot. Spence felt smothered many times, but used his size well to control Porter and tire him out.

Spence I think has mentioned fighting guys like Canelo, GGG, and some other 154-160lb'ers. If he means taking shots like that, noooo way. Can't take shots like that from those guys. Spence reminds me of a smaller GGG, who's chin will fold at higher weights.

#188 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,094 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 04 October 2019 - 11:42 PM

Best fight I've seen this decade. Instant classic. 2 TOP prime guys going at it. Kudos for both men for giving us a show. Spence was very impressive because he fought Porters fight, ON PURPOSE and beat him at his own game. He earned it. He can gut out a dog fight. TV friendly fighter. What can I say about Porter. He's still the caveman clubber, but refined and nuanced. He's improved and fought a helluva fioght. Both guys stock went up, in my opinion. They are #1 and 2 at WW, if you ask me. Outside of Manny, who has a better resume than Porter at 147??

So whats next? Danny Garcia for Spence. Spence will be the 1st to stop Garcia. Too slow, no movement, straight up and down. If Danny's chin holds up, Angel will stop it. Porter... I think he gets Crawford. I think he beats Crawford too. Crawford is a good boxer, but he aint ready for Porter. He's not gonna be able to keep Porter off him. I suspect Manny is either gonna go with Mikey Garcia or rematch Keith Thurman. I really dont think Manny or Thurman want Porter, Crawford or Spence. So I think we'll see these two go at it again in 2021.

Edited by The Original MrFactor, 04 October 2019 - 11:43 PM.

#189 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,762 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 10:32 AM

Best fight I've seen this decade. Instant classic. 2 TOP prime guys going at it. Kudos for both men for giving us a show. Spence was very impressive because he fought Porters fight, ON PURPOSE and beat him at his own game. He earned it. He can gut out a dog fight. TV friendly fighter. What can I say about Porter. He's still the caveman clubber, but refined and nuanced. He's improved and fought a helluva fioght. Both guys stock went up, in my opinion. They are #1 and 2 at WW, if you ask me. Outside of Manny, who has a better resume than Porter at 147??

So whats next? Danny Garcia for Spence. Spence will be the 1st to stop Garcia. Too slow, no movement, straight up and down. If Danny's chin holds up, Angel will stop it. Porter... I think he gets Crawford. I think he beats Crawford too. Crawford is a good boxer, but he aint ready for Porter. He's not gonna be able to keep Porter off him. I suspect Manny is either gonna go with Mikey Garcia or rematch Keith Thurman. I really dont think Manny or Thurman want Porter, Crawford or Spence. So I think we'll see these two go at it again in 2021.

Agree Factor!

Better than Leonard-Hearns I!  Although Leonard-Hearns I had higher skill set.  Great war.  Several low blows by Spence though.  Spence should have lost a point for them.  I had it 115-114 for Spence, with two rounds even and the 10-8 knockdown round being the difference, I still take Crawford by decision over Spence.  TC has more angles and versatility.  Pacquiao if age has not caught up with him, could beat Spence.  Will give him a tough fight, but Manny won't get the decision.  Let's posts our scores!

Jack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users