Photo

James Ali Bashir rushed BACK to the Hopsital...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,679 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 02:22 PM

Apparently, he has a brain bleed and my hopes and prayers that he pulls through. This whole situation is fuckin' atrocious and shouldn't go unchecked. 

This is THE worst thing that could happen at a weigh-in, of all places. Some classless thug (apparently one of Shields's family members) has possibly ruined Shields's career and put a 71 year old man's health in jeopardy. Over what? Some words he had with a butch???

This is senseless and I hate to say this, but Shields needs to take the blow for this one. I feel like she was in damage control on her IG live by saying, "I can't control the actions of others (in her camp)". 

Motherf*cker....yes you CAN! How? Get rid of them! Simple. Had it not been for Shields, would that clown have been there in the frist place??? Most likely, no. 

I hate when people act like they can't get their family and friends in line, out of pure fear of having to deal with the backlash. So what! Deal with them before they fuck up any good thing you have going on. I hope this is a lesson to her and dammit Bashir better pull through. 

#2 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 02:53 PM

This is really another black eye for the sport of boxing. Hope Coach Bashir pulls through.

This was a straight up punk move. Coach was talking trash to the girl, but he probably wasn't going to really hit her. At least I don't think so. However, to sucker punch an old man from behind and keep hitting him when he's down is a bitch move. Man the "F" up and face him. Whomever did it is a coward, especially because they ran off.

I like Shields, but she will take the fall for this. Been following her Twitter posts. She's trying to say the right things, but it is still her team/family/friends that did this and she knows who.

Another issue I have with the weigh in was, where in the heck was security? Why were all of those folks allowed on the stage and in the area? Also, it's 2019. There are cameras everywhere. Surprised video hasn't been produced yet.

Also hate this no snitching culture. Someone knows who did it. But nobody will come forward because of the no snitching BS.

Showtime or whomever was responsible did the right thing by canceling the fight. Too bad Showtime took a big "L" with this one. So much promotion for this fight and hyping Shields up and we get this ghetto nonsense. This is truly when "Keeping it real goes wrong!" That loss cost both fighters and their teams big money.

Hopefully, Shields and team do the right thing. Praying for a speedy recovery for Coach Bashir.
  • Cshel86 likes this

#3 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,679 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:55 PM

Showtime IDs Artis Mack, Claressa Shields Brother, as Flint Attacker. Bashir Responds.

By Robert Brizel, Head Real Combat Media Boxing Correspondent

Detroit, MI (October 7th, 2019)– The police have a suspect in custody. Showtime has gone public, and identified 28-year-old parolee Artis Jacquel Mack, brother of Claressa Shields of Flint, Michigan, as the attacker who sucker-punched Ivana Habazin’s trainer James Ali Bashir in the weigh-in area at the Dort Federal Event Center in Flint on Friday, October 4, 2019. Video footage from many sources has a clear image of the attacker, and his unimpeded flight on foot from the scene. No security appeared present when the unprovoked attack occurred. Words were exchanged between Mack, Shield’s sister, and Shields before this all took place. The incident cost Shields a 350 thousand dollar payday. as Habazin, without her trainer, pulled out of the bout, and will return to her native Croatia. Basir had facial reconstructive surgery at Henry Ford Hospital in Michigan, and promoter Dmitriy Salita’s team is involved in his medical recovery. Mack’s convictions, according to Michigan Department of Corrections include: three no contest prison sentences for assault with great bodily harm, felony firearms weapons, a felony carrying concealed weapons; and probation for second-degree arson. His long list supervision conditions include no violations of criminal law, and may not engage in any behavior that constitutes a violation. These stipulations clearly were violated on Friday, October 4, 2019, at the Dort Federal Event Center in Flint, Michigan. Mack, according to his supervision record, is supposed to be undergoing mental health treatment since being paroled on November 28, 2017. Claressa Shields called the altercation “Inexcusable.”

The rest of the article is below.

http://realcombatmed....shir-responds/

#4 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,679 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:59 PM

This is really another black eye for the sport of boxing. Hope Coach Bashir pulls through.

This was a straight up punk move. Coach was talking trash to the girl, but he probably wasn't going to really hit her. At least I don't think so. However, to sucker punch an old man from behind and keep hitting him when he's down is a bitch move. Man the "F" up and face him. Whomever did it is a coward, especially because they ran off.

I like Shields, but she will take the fall for this. Been following her Twitter posts. She's trying to say the right things, but it is still her team/family/friends that did this and she knows who.

Another issue I have with the weigh in was, where in the heck was security? Why were all of those folks allowed on the stage and in the area? Also, it's 2019. There are cameras everywhere. Surprised video hasn't been produced yet.

Also hate this no snitching culture. Someone knows who did it. But nobody will come forward because of the no snitching BS.

Showtime or whomever was responsible did the right thing by canceling the fight. Too bad Showtime took a big "L" with this one. So much promotion for this fight and hyping Shields up and we get this ghetto nonsense. This is truly when "Keeping it real goes wrong!" That loss cost both fighters and their teams big money.

Hopefully, Shields and team do the right thing. Praying for a speedy recovery for Coach Bashir.

She just lost a $350k payday, so that whole, "I can't control the people around me" fuckshit is for the birds. i bet she'll do better about it now....if she ever gets the chance to do it again. 

It's bad enough women's boxing doesn't get enough attention, but who needs THIS type of attention? Her brother's a repeat offender and it currently on parole...and this fool still didn't see the need to keep his nose clean. 

A 71 year old man being hit in the back of the head and falling face first with a brain bleed to follow, doesn't sound good at all. I sincerely hope he pulls through. 

It seems like Shields is hoping for some female sympathy here, but at the end of the day, she's a fighter AND a business woman and I won't take this one lightly, nor should the authorities. 

She has to know her brother has a filthy past, so why even have him close to you and your money? He's cost her $350k+ at this point. Hope this is a lesson to her. 

• KSUN247 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users