• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,730 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 01:04 PM

Blessings man. What I don't understand is why did his people let him leave? This shit makes sense. Someone mentioned that Spence has gotten cocky since becoming champion, maybe, however, he is fuckin with his bottom line. His body is his commodity and honestly, Spence should of known he wasn't able to drive. Angels are real cause that dude shouldn't be here.

Makes zeeeero sense in the world that he was allowed to leave on his own. We say what we say about Broner, but he was right when he cussed out Keith Thurman's "friends" for allowing him to gamble within the last few days of his fight with Manny. 

Spence can change the lives of the guys around him, yet, they allowed him to leave by himself. He's a grown man so he can do what he pleases, but you mean to tell me nobody said anything!? As you said, he had to have known he wasn't able to drive home...if the alcohol was the case. 

Had there never been whispers of Spence's drinking, I would've chalked it up to him foolishly speeding and losing control of his whip, or at the very least, he fell asleep behind the wheel (which can happen to anybody). 

Hopefully this situation helps him put things in perspective. Again, he's human and he's a grown man, maybe my argument is coming from a place of just wanting him to win and get the most out of his career. We must all remember these guys were somebody before the lights and cameras, and they'll more than likely continue to live that way. 

#12 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,874 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:54 PM

Makes zeeeero sense in the world that he was allowed to leave on his own. We say what we say about Broner, but he was right when he cussed out Keith Thurman's "friends" for allowing him to gamble within the last few days of his fight with Manny. 

Spence can change the lives of the guys around him, yet, they allowed him to leave by himself. He's a grown man so he can do what he pleases, but you mean to tell me nobody said anything!? As you said, he had to have known he wasn't able to drive home...if the alcohol was the case. 

Had there never been whispers of Spence's drinking, I would've chalked it up to him foolishly speeding and losing control of his whip, or at the very least, he fell asleep behind the wheel (which can happen to anybody). 

Hopefully this situation helps him put things in perspective. Again, he's human and he's a grown man, maybe my argument is coming from a place of just wanting him to win and get the most out of his career. We must all remember these guys were somebody before the lights and cameras, and they'll more than likely continue to live that way.

That story about Thurman gambling was true! WTF! I thought Keith was like Dhalsim, WTF is he doing gambling? Shit, Florida Man shit.
Your crew is there to protect. Your crew is there to cover your shit. There was an IG post of Canelo getting shit faced, his entire team grabbed him and lead his ass away. Floyd doesn't drink, he just has a Iones for busting down strippers, go figure, or IG models. Gervonta stays with a crew. If I am Spence's people, all those dudes are gone. Crawford hangs with his people and wife. Mike Vick had a shit crew too. Because of his crew, Falcons are stuck with Matty Melt. Sorry Atlanta is fuckin up my fantasy leagues.

#13 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,874 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 12:22 PM

"No broken bones, I'm a savage" damn it Sownce! That ain't what I wanted to hear. Dude got charged with a DWI. Shit man. I hope Spence don't think this makes his invisible. So much for humility.

#14 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,730 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 03:17 PM

"No broken bones, I'm a savage" damn it Sownce! That ain't what I wanted to hear. Dude got charged with a DWI. Shit man. I hope Spence don't think this makes his invisible. So much for humility.

Which drives my point about him swaying further and further away from the unwarranted praise he gets for being this upright dude outside of the ring. Most gave him credit for this and said he should stay away from the likes of Broner and the Charlos...now look at him. 

I still like him as a fighter, but we have to be careful about giving guys these moral medals for being upright citizens and being "great for the sport" when a lot of them just want to be who they've always been before the lights and big paydays. 

Again, no judgement on his part if this is who he really is, but dudes who nuthug fighters really need to stop. Stuff like this makes me wanna take back every bad thing I ever said about AB, because he's actually been himself this entire time, despite people's expectations of him outside the ring. 

Something in the back of my mind tells me Spence hasn't learned his lesson. 

#15 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,874 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 07:29 PM

Which drives my point about him swaying further and further away from the unwarranted praise he gets for being this upright dude outside of the ring. Most gave him credit for this and said he should stay away from the likes of Broner and the Charlos...now look at him. 

I still like him as a fighter, but we have to be careful about giving guys these moral medals for being upright citizens and being "great for the sport" when a lot of them just want to be who they've always been before the lights and big paydays. 

Again, no judgement on his part if this is who he really is, but dudes who nuthug fighters really need to stop. Stuff like this makes me wanna take back every bad thing I ever said about AB, because he's actually been himself this entire time, despite people's expectations of him outside the ring. 

Something in the back of my mind tells me Spence hasn't learned his lesson.

AB has always been AB, which isn't great lol, didn't he retire?
Spence is disappointing me. Like Little Brother said " money doesn't change you it makes you more of what you already are" so this might be Spence.

#16 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,730 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 09:18 PM

AB has always been AB, which isn't great lol, didn't he retire?
Spence is disappointing me. Like Little Brother said " money doesn't change you it makes you more of what you already are" so this might be Spence.

You never know with AB, lol. He still has quite a few fights he can take on, if he still wants to remain relevant...he doesn't have to pull the retirement number on us, lol. 

I believe this is who Spence really is and I can't be too upset with the man...I'm more upset with some of his fans saying he needed to stay away from AB and the Charlos, when he in fact is one in the same with said men. 

#17 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 11:03 AM

You had people on social media saying Spence was UNBREAKABLE, SAVAGE, ETC...I Do not like the comment but Spence is pandering to fans who may like, love, or hate him. Maybe he can get some mayweather type hate going for his PPV numbers... Time will tell if he gains wisdom or remains immature. I just want to see him back in action and damned sure glad he is ok... He obviously has more work to do in the ring and is meant to be here!!!
  • Cshel86 likes this

#18 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,730 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 04:49 PM

You had people on social media saying Spence was UNBREAKABLE, SAVAGE, ETC...I Do not like the comment but Spence is pandering to fans who may like, love, or hate him. Maybe he can get some mayweather type hate going for his PPV numbers... Time will tell if he gains wisdom or remains immature. I just want to see him back in action and damned sure glad he is ok... He obviously has more work to do in the ring and is meant to be here!!!

Can't argue with this. As you mentioned, hopefully, he makes the most of this situation. It drew a lot of out-of-the ting attention and can help or hurt his social status. Either way, his name's gone up a notch. 

Who doesn't love a good ol feel-good story or a "tragic" story? It's only bad when the guys keeps f*cking up over and over again. Lol

• MAHDI likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users