• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,730 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 03:21 PM

Is there even a need for this thread? Seriously, Beterbiev's been slowing down (foot wise) and he's been compromised against lesser guys in the past, regardless of him having his hand raised in the end. 

Gvozdyk is tall, rangy, and works behind his jab. He does tend to lose focus throughout the fight, but I feel he's the fresher of the two. 

This is a treat for a Friday Night scrap, though!

Thoughts?

#2 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 04:48 PM

Rolling with The Nail in this one. Every promotional ad is hyping it as 50/50. Think Gvozdyk takes it in dramatic fashion. Nail by UD after a knockdown or two!

#3 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,730 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:24 PM

Rolling with The Nail in this one. Every promotional ad is hyping it as 50/50. Think Gvozdyk takes it in dramatic fashion. Nail by UD after a knockdown or two!

Won't argue with this, though I feel Gvozdyk is all around a better technician than Beterbiev (whom has a tendency to keep his right hand low and backs up with his hands down).  I swear the frickin' promotion for this fight was God-awful...their handlers should be ashamed of themselves. 

Who do you think has the better jab?

#4 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,768 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 02:07 PM

Gvozdyk-Beterbiev!

On paper at least, one of the best fights on free TV in many years.I like Gvozdyk  by SD.  Advising people not to bet, because this is about as 50/50 as it gets!  Only concern is a possible early stoppage if either blitzes the other, because of the tragic death of Patrick Day,  Gary Rosato has been assigned to ref. He gets all the big fights in Philly, but sometimes he jumps in a little too fast.  I wish that Frank Cappuccino was around for this!  I can't expect a Ward-Gatti I intensity here because of Day's death. Having said this, whoever scores a clean KD with a solid follow up will win by TKO IMO.

Jack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users