Photo

DAZN@6PM(PT)/9PM(PT)- Canelo vs. Kovalev- SPOILERS (Official DAZN Sign up/in Link Inside) (No ESPN Card Discussion)

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#71 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,730 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 11:52 AM

This is ridiculous. It's 1 am where I am and this shit hasn't even started. If I was one of the fighters, I'd be pissed. 

Man....that Daylight Savings Time save my ass. I actually had a chance to stay up and watch Power, now that I got my hour back. I'm gonna complain to DAZN about the delay to see if I can get a credit for next month....or I'll do like Jack does and write a letter. Lol

How disrespectful was DAZN for airing the UFC event while everybody waited for Canelo/Kovalev, smh. That shit made zero sense. 

#72 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,730 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 12:00 PM

Even though I am happy Kovalev got KTFO, he was timid all night. His pitty pat jabs were scoring, but he should have tried to commit to something to get Canelo's respect.

Exactly. I was expecting The Krusher to show up for the first 3-5 rounds so he could get some respect. According to Kovalev's most recent comments...he "got tired after the 6th". 

My thing is, motherfucker....if you were gonna get tired anyway, why didn't you come out guns blazing like you always do because you're gonna get tired anyway? Again, I'm glad the fight was free. I'm just hoping Kovalev hangs em up, he's had a good run. 

• KSUN247 likes this

#73 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 12:12 PM

He certainly didn't live up to the Krusher nickname. He fought scared to me. And I don't like the dude due to his racist comments and sexist actions. Even with his age, he can still box and still has power early on. Wonder if he just took the payday and will call it a day?

#74 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 12:22 PM

Man....that Daylight Savings Time save my ass. I actually had a chance to stay up and watch Power, now that I got my hour back. I'm gonna complain to DAZN about the delay to see if I can get a credit for next month....or I'll do like Jack does and write a letter. Lol

How disrespectful was DAZN for airing the UFC event while everybody waited for Canelo/Kovalev, smh. That shit made zero sense. 

Very disrespectful, but DAZN had a plan. With both major events happening on the same day, they made a business decision. It kinda paid off because I read that DAZN got a lot of overnight subscriptions due to that.  But imagine if you were at the MGM Grand waiting for the fight.  I would kinda be pissed off, IF I didn't like UFC. I'm a huge UFC fan so I was watching both. I'm a little mad cause I had to work in the morning and my old ass needs my rest. LOL!  I did miss the PBC card on Fox Sports though.

Not sure if DAZN will do that again. A lot of backlash on social media from boxing fans. Hard being a fan of both sports when they promote events on the same night. Venues and dates get taken up quickly. 

NY State Athletic Commission stopping the main event due to cuts was BS. Even thought Diaz was getting his ass handed to him. He's a bleeder, but he's a tough S.O.B. He has been in worse scraps and still came out on top. Should have let them continue.

#75 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 04:25 AM

If we're not gonna talk about Manny, then we shouldn't even be talking about steroids. I mean, it's sort of the same...but it's not. If anything, both of their opponents were carefully chosen as they moved up. 

The thing with Pac is he was a weight bully at the lower weights, I mean am 80kg now, a bit portly lets say, but if I dropped to 50kg, ama be starching guys left right and center. BUT the same can be said of Canelo, the Kovalev win is unfortunately just another Pac vs Shane Mosley esq. Kovalev was shot, Canelo got him at the right time and the rest is history.

#76 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,874 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 10:00 PM

What sup fellas! The rehydration clause and Kovalev missing weight was where the fought was won and lost. Anthony Yarde took a lot out of Kovalev and he didn't habe the recovery time. Canelo cherry picked this fight but I still gave him credit. Now people are calling on Ward to fight Canelo. Good fight but DAZN is a waste.

#77 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 07:01 AM

Bivol wants Alvarez...I think Canelo can beat Bivol. Regardless to whatever variables people are putting into the equation of Canelo's Ko, he moved up two classes and kod a heavy puncher and World champion. Compare that to Usyk going up and the choice he made...Not a Canelo fan but what he did was impressive

#78 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:41 PM

Like most this fight left a bad taste in my mouth kovalev fought like a scared man and still almost secured a decision canelo was reluctant to go inside obviously he felt the power coming in does a rematch do this Justice is a rematch warranted or Worthy I don't know I really don't know while I feel kovalev could come back stronger he could also get knocked out worse the remainder of the fact is canelo cant box he's relying on his power if Billy Joel or Demetrius can move up successfully they take canelo to deep water in score a decision beterbiev is a who lands first fight bivol loses a decision

#79 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 07:51 AM

Like most this fight left a bad taste in my mouth kovalev fought like a scared man and still almost secured a decision canelo was reluctant to go inside obviously he felt the power coming in does a rematch do this Justice is a rematch warranted or Worthy I don't know I really don't know while I feel kovalev could come back stronger he could also get knocked out worse the remainder of the fact is canelo cant box he's relying on his power if Billy Joel or Demetrius can move up successfully they take canelo to deep water in score a decision beterbiev is a who lands first fight bivol loses a decision

I thought Canelo did great with selective counters to the head and body without taking much in return. Kovalev was on the move and moving well yet that is not really his game. He got caught and stunned and Canelo finished him. Canelo gave up 4 inches in height and still got it done jumping up two weight classes. I have never liked the guy but what he did was great. I also enjoyed the fight. It was not boring but tactical. Canelo has learned from Floyd schooling. Efficiency and quality shots landed while taking minimal shots from your opponent. Also make them pay with hard counters. Kovalev felt the body shots and head shot counters and decided to try to move and jab his way to victory. Got stunned and his chin was exposed for the lowering of the boom!!! 😆 😆 great ko

Edited by MAHDI, 08 November 2019 - 07:38 PM.

#80 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:42 PM

He did! Great fight. Plus, Inoue allowed Donaire to take the trophy with him so he could keep his promise to his sons of bringing it home. Class Act! He made a video of it. Pretty cool! It's on Donaire's Twitter.

Pure class

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users