Photo

Haney vs Fortuna Ordered, Purse Bid by Dec. 13?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,888 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 12:08 PM

https://www.boxingsc...-dec-13--144211

Okay, you all know I can't frickin' stand Javier Fortuna, but he is still a threat in the division. I like this fight for Devin, since Tank is getting a pass for fighting Gamboa (whom I feel is a decent step for him at this point)!

They're going to a purse bid if they can't agree on terms by Dec. 13th. Both guys just fought within the past 2 weeks, so schedule wise, it makes sense!

Thoughts?

#2 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 02:57 PM

It's a good fight. Fortuna has a little pop, so I can see him dropping Haney if he catches him. Haney throws wide angle punches at times and they can be seen coming from a mile away. If Fortuna and team watches the film, they should be able to counter that easily. Haney has good speed, reflexes, skill and a little pop. They both fight wild at times due to being over eager, so we just may be in for a good scrap.

I'll take Haney by SD. Can also see a TKO stoppage from either guy.

#3 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,888 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:34 AM

It's a good fight. Fortuna has a little pop, so I can see him dropping Haney if he catches him. Haney throws wide angle punches at times and they can be seen coming from a mile away. If Fortuna and team watches the film, they should be able to counter that easily. Haney has good speed, reflexes, skill and a little pop. They both fight wild at times due to being over eager, so we just may be in for a good scrap.

I'll take Haney by SD. Can also see a TKO stoppage from either guy.

Can't wait to see it if it happens! Great observation as well! 

I see Devin a lot sharper than you described, but you cal also see him still developing as a young champion, so I won't argue with your point at all. To me, he seems A LOT more dedicated than the current fighters in his age range (20-24), and hopefully he stays the course.

I can't stand edgy fighters with checkered backgrounds like Tank and so on....you see their talent but don't know from week to week if they're gonna do something stupid and ruin their careers. Lol

• KSUN247 likes this

#4 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:32 PM

I like Haney! I definitely think those who watch it will be entertained. Hope it's a semi-decent card though and not on a day where there is another boxing event on a different network and a UFC event happening. That wait for the Canelo vs Kovalev was crazy. 

I think Haney will be a fighting champion, but some of the Money Mayweather lifestyle has rubbed off on him. Dislike when guys always want to flaunt their wealth and stuff. It's petty to me. Just take the skills and business acumen from Floyd. Leave the other nonsense to Floyd. Can't hate on them for getting paid, but I don't need to see everything they buy. 

#5 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:35 PM

This fight is better than it looks in paper. Fortuna will be looking to upset the apple cart hopefully it's not in a boring way

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users