• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,888 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:51 PM

Listen.....Charlo was either high as f*ck or experiencing a manic episode....you cant tell me anything different. Smh

Nothing about his dialogue was entertaining or comprehensible and nobody mentioned it. It seemed to have evolved more into a paranoia-type dialogue during his interviews after the presser....as though he felt everybody's out to get him. 

To me, this is far beyond a guy losing his title and possibly a piece of himself in a controversial decision, but some questions need to be asked here. If it's pressure to perform or anxiety or something along those lines...fine, but it needs to be addressed. 

#2 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,897 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 08:20 AM

Listen.....Charlo was either high as f*ck or experiencing a manic episode....you cant tell me anything different. Smh

Nothing about his dialogue was entertaining or comprehensible and nobody mentioned it. It seemed to have evolved more into a paranoia-type dialogue during his interviews after the presser....as though he felt everybody's out to get him. 

To me, this is far beyond a guy losing his title and possibly a piece of himself in a controversial decision, but some questions need to be asked here. If it's pressure to perform or anxiety or something along those lines...fine, but it needs to be addressed.

He just can't talk shit well and that party life is catching up. Detroit cats are born into this room knowing how to talk shit. Charlo knows another L is going to fuck up his money and career path. Harrison has 0 to lose, Charlo, everything. I will start worrying about Charlo when he comes in heavy and sluggish. Right now, his heart got checked and he ain't use to people questioning it. The cat I worry about is Wilder, he has been wilding out.

#3 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:28 PM

I noticed an attempt to not use the N WORD...lol@ this. This is going to be a good fight. Charlo loses he will have a mental breakdown lmao. Harrison got the mental edge here. Charlo just cannot face the fact the judges felt he got outboxed lmao...

Edited by MAHDI, 16 November 2019 - 06:30 PM.

• AZWildCat likes this

#4 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:20 PM

I don't like unfounded conspiracies but I gotta agree with Cshel on this. Charlo legit sounds like he's on drugs...and I'm not talking weed either. He was spacing out in between his sentences. He was all over the place. Not sure it has any bearing on the fight but damn...he didn't seem all there 

• Cshel86 likes this

#5 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 10:45 AM

Not the first time he sounded like he was high as a kite

WAR HARRISON!!! BOLD KO PREDICTION 8 TO 12
  • Cshel86 and KSUN247 like this

#6 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 12:51 PM

Not the first time he sounded like he was high as a kite

WAR HARRISON!!! BOLD KO PREDICTION 8 TO 12

If that happens, put both Charlo bros on suicide watch. They won't be able to handle that. They already appear a little unstable at times. Or maybe just high, drunk or both. LOL!

I'll take Charlo via KO in 7.
  • Cshel86 likes this

#7 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 09:16 PM

If that happens, put both Charlo bros on suicide watch. They won't be able to handle that. They already appear a little unstable at times. Or maybe just high, drunk or both. LOL!

Both
  • KSUN247 likes this

#8 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,888 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:55 AM

I don't like unfounded conspiracies but I gotta agree with Cshel on this. Charlo legit sounds like he's on drugs...and I'm not talking weed either. He was spacing out in between his sentences. He was all over the place. Not sure it has any bearing on the fight but damn...he didn't seem all there 

Shit worried the hell outta me, though. I deal with anxiety and panic attacks and I've been high out of my mind a few times....dude is showing those same symptoms. 

I figured he was just nervous and amped up, but he just wouldn't stop. I think the part where he subtly said he doesn't know who's got his back and so on (referring to Harrison's comments about Derrick James), I knew it was a wrap. He came off as paranoid and that blew me. 

As you mentioned, it may not have any bearing on the outcome of the fight, but he's definitely showing signs of Harrison being in his head. 

#9 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,888 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:57 AM

Damn, lol. 

I like both guys, but I definitely think Jermall's more stable than Jermell and isn't necessarily focused on pleasing the fans. He seems to take the fight game as more of a job while Jermell wears it on his sleeves. 

• KSUN247 likes this

#10 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:37 AM

Shit worried the hell outta me, though. I deal with anxiety and panic attacks and I've been high out of my mind a few times....dude is showing those same symptoms. 

I figured he was just nervous and amped up, but he just wouldn't stop. I think the part where he subtly said he doesn't know who's got his back and so on (referring to Harrison's comments about Derrick James), I knew it was a wrap. He came off as paranoid and that blew me. 

As you mentioned, it may not have any bearing on the outcome of the fight, but he's definitely showing signs of Harrison being in his head. 

Some ppl's pride get in the way of their head. At some point, I'm sure it clicked like "bro you're too amped up and not making sense." But sometimes we get so wrapped up in our own bravado that we begin even lying to ourselves telling ourselves we're just fine. (I add to that my appreciation of you disclosing your bouts with anxiety.) I've dealt with depression throughout my life and it peaked in college but I was too proud to say 'I'm not ok'. I learned about hubris from an English professor while reading Oedipus Rex. Hubris is why he lost the first fight. Not the judges. The entire night he thought, once I hurt this guy, nobody will care that he's outboxing me. WRONG

Edited by Franchize, 21 November 2019 - 11:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users