Why y'all so quiet, we knew it was happening just didn't know when
  • KSUN247 likes this

#2 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 07:42 PM

LOL! Was gonna start a thread earlier, but computer issues.

So who will it be? Or is he just trolling us again? I think it's another troll job.

Probably an exhibition fight again with crazy rules.

Just can't stand the spotlight not being on him. LOL!

Why is he trying to take away shine from Wilder and Ortiz?

If he's gonna unretire for the umpteenth time, fight someone decent. If not, stick to promoting Tank Davis.
  • AZWildCat likes this

#3 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,897 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:57 AM

Dude is trolling. It won't be Spence nor Thurman, can't be Crawford. Certainly not Canelo. Pac maybe the fighter but I honestly think it will be on some bs. Word is he gotta pay off some gambling debts but that has always been the case. I don't know. He has been releasing training video and so I figured something was going to happen. I know Manny is celebrating.

#4 pacco_diablo

pacco_diablo

Featherweight

• Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 05:45 PM

Yeah, this one is a bit of a head scratcher.  I would think this is a case where an opponent has already been selected because it's hard to believe that he'd make that announcement and not have something in the works.  If he doesn't already have an opponent unofficially set then it kind of makes you wonder whether or not something like gambling debts could be a driving force behind this.

Manny definitely feels like the clear choice here.  I think a lot of us would be pretty disappointed if he came back to fight D. Garcia or something equivalent.  Obviously this is my own biased and speculative opinion but if by chance it isnt Manny, my guess it that it would in fact be Errol Spence.  Here are my speculative reasons why:

Spence has really built up a name over the last couple of years.  It's almost to the point where his reputation precedes him.  Not that he hasn't fought some good fights but he completely leapfrogged Crawford in the eyes of public opinion, heck even in the minds of many professional opinions.  The overall feel is that Spence v. Crawford is a 50/50 fight.  I don't see that but a majority do.

That being the case, what better way is there for Haymon to stick to Arum then by taking the BIG fight from him?  Before Mayweather put his name back in the hat, I dont think there was a bigger fight to be made over Spence v Crawford.  Push out Crawford, add Mayweather and you still have a strong narrative of the undefeated legend vs the undefeated raising star, but it's a lot less risky than Mayweather fighting Crawford, IMO.

Assuming Mayweather has seen the cracks in Spence's game, he wouldn't fight him unless he thought he would win and I personally believe he can beat Spence.  Spence is technically sound and strong.  Those are the kinds of opponents that Mayweather thrives against.

Even though the wishful thinking has probably gotten the better of me, I can't see Mayweather realistically going up against Crawford.  But it's starting to feel like he could probably get to Spence at just the right time, just like he did with Canelo.

• AZWildCat likes this

#5 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,888 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:04 PM

Floyd is my dude, but I'm getting tired of him. 

Why?

Because we JUSt got it to the point where most of the welterweights have fought each other and we still have a few lingering matchups on tap. Now that Floyd "claims" he's making a comeback, it's gonna confuse a lot of things in the division. 

Now, everybody's gonna start acting stupid and entitled and NOT wanna fight each other, since there's a chance they could "land" a Floyd fight, "land" being the operative word here. 

If Floyd hasn't already secured an opponent (or two), then best believe all lane integrity is about to be lost in the WW division. Smh

• pacco_diablo, AZWildCat, Dolimite and 1 other like this

#6 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:44 PM

He's got a few options

UFC cross over with khahib

This makes money

Pacman

This makes money

Canelo

This makes a shitload of money with added acholades

Crawford

If anyone, Floyd can make it happen and it's good for boxing

Josh Taylor

Great for Taylor Even better for Floyd, big money in UK

Spence

Low blow after a car wreck but hey, a win is a win

Dude is trolling. It won't be Spence nor Thurman, can't be Crawford. Certainly not Canelo. Pac maybe the fighter but I honestly think it will be on some bs. Word is he gotta pay off some gambling debts but that has always been the case. I don't know. He has been releasing training video and so I figured something was going to happen. I know Manny is celebrating.

Any fight he wants is open to him on any platform, never doubt or second guess a man who's moniker is money!!!!!

Any one of the fights mentioned will sell some more than others

The man loves money, watch n see
  • pacco_diablo and KSUN247 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users