• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 pacco_diablo

pacco_diablo

Featherweight

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 02:15 AM

Too much pride.  Too much control, and shit is literally getting stupid.  Who is Egidijus Kavaliauskas?  

• Cshel86 likes this

#2 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,134 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:13 PM

Too much pride.  Too much control, and shit is literally getting stupid.  Who is Egidijus Kavaliauskas?  

:lol:

The thing is, I wouldn't be so critical of Crawford if he fought this guy back in....let's say, August and he was actually prepared to fight again in December. However, this is his second fight this year and it looks bad from afar. 

I haven't seen the guy fight, but I won't count him out like most other unknown opponents. Bud is gonna have to make some big or semi-big fights next year or people will continue to talk down on him.

What I find sad about boxing fans is high this man (Bud) was on their "P4P" list just last year (or two years ago) and suddenly he's being trash-talked and exed out of the conversation with the rest of the welterweights. Smh

• pacco_diablo likes this

#3 pacco_diablo

pacco_diablo

Featherweight

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 03:45 PM

:lol:

The thing is, I wouldn't be so critical of Crawford if he fought this guy back in....let's say, August and he was actually prepared to fight again in December. However, this is his second fight this year and it looks bad from afar. 

I haven't seen the guy fight, but I won't count him out like most other unknown opponents. Bud is gonna have to make some big or semi-big fights next year or people will continue to talk down on him.

What I find sad about boxing fans is high this man (Bud) was on their "P4P" list just last year (or two years ago) and suddenly he's being trash-talked and exed out of the conversation with the rest of the welterweights. Smh

You think this is due to the power of PBC, or has Arum failed him this miserably? 

• KSUN247 likes this

#4 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 03:54 PM

You think this is due to the power of PBC, or has Arum failed him this miserably

Hate to make this racial, but there is history here. Arum doesn't promote Black guys well. Floyd had to leave to get his props. Bradley stayed,  but wasn't promoted properly. He just cashed in on the Manny Pacquiao sweepstakes 3 times. Bud is being left out in the cold. Fury and Loma get way much more love than Bud. Damn shame that it's like that, but Bud should be front and center on ESPN boxing telecasts. Maybe some of those Sportscenter clips, anything. Bo-Mac is getting more airtime calling the ESPN+ undercards than Bud gets on his fight nights. 

PBC does have some sway, but shouldn't have any on ESPN. 

#5 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,134 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 04:40 PM

Hate to make this racial, but there is history here. Arum doesn't promote Black guys well. Floyd had to leave to get his props. Bradley stayed,  but wasn't promoted properly. He just cashed in on the Manny Pacquiao sweepstakes 3 times. Bud is being left out in the cold. Fury and Loma get way much more love than Bud. Damn shame that it's like that, but Bud should be front and center on ESPN boxing telecasts. Maybe some of those Sportscenter clips, anything. Bo-Mac is getting more airtime calling the ESPN+ undercards than Bud gets on his fight nights. 

Three fights with Manny in a 4-year span is all a man can ask for....black, white, or other. Bob got it right with Bradley because he wasn't such a huge threat to Manny. 

Problem is, Arum doesn't have another Pacquaio in his stable for Bud, so it's gonna be a lot harder to appease Bud as far as an opponent. As we all know, Arum rarely opens his books to other promoters because he's great at in-house fights to keep all of his money.

Anybody else he works with are more than likely inferior to Top Rank or won't make a big mess of co-promoting. Haymon doesn't fit that mold, so the separation will continue when it comes to PBC and Top Rank fighters fighting. 

• KSUN247 likes this

#6 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,134 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 04:43 PM

You think this is due to the power of PBC, or has Arum failed him this miserably? 

Both, more than likely. If Bud was a DiBella or GTB fighter, he probably would've fought a PBC fighter by now. 

#7 pacco_diablo

pacco_diablo

Featherweight

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 08:53 PM

Arum sure does talk the talk though.  I've seen him on youtube talking about how he has no problems cross promoting fights and how he has the history of it.  But... like a politician apparently the talk reigns supreme.  It just seems like as time as progressed to where we are now that it's harder to get things done, across the board.  Imagine having these problems in the past where it seems like the best always got to fight the best.  The fans got what they wanted unless of course one of the fighters didnt want to do it.  And maybe I'm jumping the gun and being impatient because Spence v Crawford could still happen in 2020 but man, for Crawford to be fighting this next opponent it just seems all out of wack.    

• KSUN247 likes this

#8 pacco_diablo

pacco_diablo

Featherweight

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 09:06 PM

Both, more than likely. If Bud was a DiBella or GTB fighter, he probably would've fought a PBC fighter by now. 

There is this guy on youtube and I forget what his channel is called, it's this younger, sort of chubby brother, who seems pretty knowledgeable.  He comes across as having a real beef with Haymon but I was feeling what he was saying about Crawford choosing to sign with top rank.  Crawford shouldnt be shunned or shut out of fights just because he chose to fight with Top Rank.  Now I dont know the ins and outs of what Arum and Haymon have discussed in regard to potential match ups for Crawford so I can't really point fingers, but I think if all the facts were laid out about their prelim negotiations/talks that there is probably more blame that can be put on one than the other.  Maybe Al is shitty about the past lawsuits.  Maybe Arum is jealous because his stable couldnt hold any weight against PBC.  Whatever it is the fans seem to get the short end of the stick.  But again, admittedly, maybe I'm just being impatient.  

#9 pacco_diablo

pacco_diablo

Featherweight

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 04:59 PM

I guess I didnt really think this through in not realizing that this is a mandatory.  Someone should have corrected me.  Lol.  I was thinking this was a voluntary.     

#10 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,995 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 10:21 PM

Three fights with Manny in a 4-year span is all a man can ask for....black, white, or other. Bob got it right with Bradley because he wasn't such a huge threat to Manny. 

Problem is, Arum doesn't have another Pacquaio in his stable for Bud, so it's gonna be a lot harder to appease Bud as far as an opponent. As we all know, Arum rarely opens his books to other promoters because he's great at in-house fights to keep all of his money.

Anybody else he works with are more than likely inferior to Top Rank or won't make a big mess of co-promoting. Haymon doesn't fit that mold, so the separation will continue when it comes to PBC and Top Rank fighters fighting.

He has Lomachenko but he dare not put him in the ring with an actual threat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users