• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#161 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:51 AM

Does Spence still spar with Charlo? If so, that's a hell of a litmus test to see if he's back 

#162 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 11:07 AM

That's what Derrick James is supposed to say. He's training the Unified Welterweight champion of the world, there's no need to make it seem as though "everything's okay", when the public will actually understand him being out of the ring for a while.

I wouldn't expect anybody to return to the ring less than a year after being ejected from a car. I'm not saying that Spence should sit around and feel sorry for himself. I mean, fighters have been shot and stabbed and actually made it their priority to return to the ring, so I see your side as well. 

Again, all I'm saying is, Spence should just chill for a while...we understand what happened to him. It's not like Keith Thurman's mystery Prius fender bender a few years back. Lol

I understand what you are saying, but Spence is young and determined. If he is cleared and ready without any slippage, he will come right back in there as a show of his mental strength. I mean why would Spence fake it being 100% when he does not want to lose. If he felt something I am surw he and his trainer would be up front about not being ready yet. I am sure he is easing his way back...months have already gone by since the accident and he wants it in JUNE We will 👀

Edited by MAHDI, 16 January 2020 - 11:09 AM.

• Cshel86 likes this

#163 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,098 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 01:24 PM

I understand what you are saying, but Spence is young and determined. If he is cleared and ready without any slippage, he will come right back in there as a show of his mental strength. I mean why would Spence fake it being 100% when he does not want to lose. If he felt something I am surw he and his trainer would be up front about not being ready yet. I am sure he is easing his way back...months have already gone by since the accident and he wants it in JUNE We will

You may have answered your own question, lol. I don't expect him to act like a hurt puppy, but don't act like there's nothing wrong at the same time. I want him back at 100%...or closer. 

You're right, he doesn't want to lose but EVERY fighter should understand being in an accident of that magnitude. I mean, what does it say for the said fighter who beats him because he's still silently dealing with injuries. 

Dude is way to dominant in the division, so showing any sign of weakness could give other guys even more confidence. It's a 50/50 thing in my eyes, but I just want a healthy Spence in his return. 

#164 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 03:04 PM

I follow Spence on social media. He hasn't posted any sparring footage, but he's definitely posting workout footage. He's trying to shed weight and build up his cardio right now. As far as boxing reflexes go, it will be a wait and see. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users