• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 01:20 PM

I honestly don't have a clear cut pick here. Vargas is the naturally bigger fighter and one could possibly argue he has the better resume as far as who fought who. I'd give Vargas the nod on speed n strength. Fundamentals are probably about even. mikey has better timing. It's going to come down to who can get off first more often.
  • Cshel86 likes this

#2 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,152 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 03:18 PM

I think Vargas gives up more in this one due to the weight, since he's fought at 154. I'm not even sure he's a true 154 pounder, but Mikey's not necessarily a Welterweight either, so things have evened up that quickly. Lol

Jessie tends to fight stupid and down to his opponent's level, but Mikey doesn't fight stupidly, so Jessie's gonna have to stay sharp for the entire fight. I'm leaning towards Mikey here....they didn't pick Jessie for no reason. 

• AZWildCat likes this

#3 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 07:51 AM

Can't see Mikey losing back to back. Too skilled. Vargas doesn't let his hands go enough for me. He likes to wait until it's very late in the fight when he's down on the cards. Mikey by UD.

#4 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:22 AM

After Jessie's performance against Pacquiao, I think he might be a bigger challenge for Mikey than people think.

• AZWildCat likes this

#5 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,951 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:47 AM

Weren't they good friends at one point? Maybe I'm mis-remembering like a scandalous politician 

Edited by Franchize, 14 January 2020 - 09:47 AM.

#6 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,152 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 09:53 AM

Weren't they good friends at one point? Maybe I'm mis-remembering like a scandalous politician 

:lol:

Yes, they are good friends. I hate those types of fights, they don't usually deliver. I mean, some guys have fought in the amateurs and so on, but being buddies and sparring partners just kills the mood. The only guy I wouldn't wanna be friends with and actually fight, would be Shawn Porter. 

I felt so bad for Berto when they fought....dude took way too many hits from dirty tactics at the hands of Porter. I don't think I can shake hands with a dude's that headbutted me, smothered me, and hit me low most of the night. Lol

• Franchize likes this

#7 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,951 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:53 AM

:lol:

Yes, they are good friends. I hate those types of fights, they don't usually deliver. I mean, some guys have fought in the amateurs and so on, but being buddies and sparring partners just kills the mood. The only guy I wouldn't wanna be friends with and actually fight, would be Shawn Porter. 

I felt so bad for Berto when they fought....dude took way too many hits from dirty tactics at the hands of Porter. I don't think I can shake hands with a dude's that headbutted me, smothered me, and hit me low most of the night. Lol

Yea I think the fact that people were ready for Berto to retire diverted from the fact that Porter should have been DQ'd. I like Porter but he was doin way too much that fight. Im all for in fighting and think many of the things they consider dirty is just aggressive boxing but he was on full Holyfield mode that fight

• AZWildCat likes this

#8 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 03:35 PM

Almost forgot about that fight, that was an ugly one, he wasn't gonna give berto the chance to work no matter the cost

#9 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 01:43 PM

No promotion for this at all, even the YouTube coverage is minimal

#10 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,488 posts