Photo

Fury Wilder 2 - Set for Feb. 22 (Preview & Predictions)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 01:38 PM

Let's be real, we all watched the first fight. We all had an idea of what could happen. We all had our own personal views of how it should have ended. That being said let's enjoy the social media tirades and prefight lead up. Regardless of how & when it ends, we are going to be watching another historic fight that will have us yelling at the tv and running for drinks & food between rounds

• Cshel86 likes this

#2 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,134 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 03:13 PM

Let's be real, we all watched the first fight. We all had an idea of what could happen. We all had our own personal views of how it should have ended. That being said let's enjoy the social media tirades and prefight lead up. Regardless of how & when it ends, we are going to be watching another historic fight that will have us yelling at the tv and running for drinks & food between rounds

Absolutely! 

The only thing I take exception to is their handlers level of pettiness with the PPV. Rather than fans paying for the typical 4 fights, we're going to more than likely pay $75-$85 for a whopping THREE fights, because both sides split the main event fighters and each handler has ONE fight each....leaving the fourth fight non-existent. Smh

Anyway, I'll enjoy it when it happens! I want Wilder to go out there and show us a new wrinkle or two....not any of that casual fan bullshit where he's behind in the fight while waiting for ONE big punch. Stupid casual fans love KOs and don't care what happens leading up to it....but people who care about the sport, pay for the fights, and actually watch ALL of the fights, wanna see a fighter fight, not wait for a KO. 

• AZWildCat likes this

#3 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 03:56 PM

I think I speak for everyone when I say there's too many exciting fights between tr n pbc to not have a stacked card.

I'll take some intelligent back n forth action wit a risk taking round or two ala doniare vs inoue over 11 boring rounds for a ko
  • KSUN247 likes this

#4 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 07:55 AM

Wilder will get him out of there within 7 or 8. Undercard needs some work though. For this Mega Rematch Event, this card should be stacked to gather more casual fans.

Ps. I'm still pissed off about the ticket prices. Greedy bastards!!!🤬🤬🤬

#5 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:20 AM

I saw Wilder working on that left hook in his last fight against Ortiz, which he neglects most fights, relies too much on the jab > right hand combo. If he had used the left hook more against Fury, that fight would have been a lot different. If Wilder neglects his left hook this time around, Fury is going to take it, most-likely, doubt he gets caught with the right this time around that easily, unless he's slowed down. If Wilder does more than the right hand, lead with the left hook more, I think he definitely takes this one, might get a solid TKO/KO.

Hopefully winner gets AJ :)

#6 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,134 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:04 AM

The promotion appears to be a bit on the dull side for this one, especially since they had so much to say about each other the first time around. Fury went on about them having to "sell the fight" the first time around, which some people may have known but maybe not the majority. 

I don't know, man...the way Fury was answering questions after the presser gave the indication that he was ready to get it over with and move on to more pressing matters, or he was spacing a bit and saying stuff. I don't know, he just seemed spacey and in a rush. 

#7 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 03:32 PM

Anything about the undercard?

#8 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 01:41 PM

Undercard is horrible, but o. The bright side we are closing in in fight night

#9 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,134 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 01:48 PM

Can't believe the fight is next Saturday. I've seen enough press but let's be honest....neither guy is as animated as they were for the build-up of the first bout. Fury made it clear that they "had to promote the first fight", but now he seems a bit more relaxed, as well as Wilder. 

Was the second press tour because the fight "isn't selling" or was this by design? Anybody's prediction change since last month?

#10 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 02:08 PM

I'm still rolling with Wilder by KO! It won't be late. Wilder is gonna sleep him early, possibly under 6.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users