• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 01:49 PM

Say what u want this cross over match would be phenomenal for women's combat sports as a whole. Biggest female fight of all time if marketed right.

#2 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 07:44 AM

Strictly boxing, I'd give Shields a slight advantage, because of experience, skills and aggressiveness. However, Nunes is patient and has major power in her right hand.

Shields was dropped by Hanna Gabriels who isn't a big puncher. It was a perfectly timed punch that put her on her ass. She ended up outboxing Gabriels the rest of the fight, but she can be hit. Not sure she wants to get hit cleanly by Nunes.

I'm a big Nunes fan, so I'd give her a puncher's chance, because she does have a chin. In MMA, Nunes destroys her in 1 round like she did Rhonda Rousey, Chris Cyborg and Holly Holm.

It would definitely make some $$$ on PPV. Dana White is an ass, so he may try to take advantage of Shields' promoter. Not sure they are as savvy as Floyd and Mayweather Promotions. I'll watch just for the chance that Nunes sleeps her.

First, Shields better get past her fight tonight though.

#3 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:27 AM

In boxing or MMA????

#4 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 11:20 PM

Im Big on Nunes myself, not a walk in the park by any means

With leg kicks and choke holds it's pointless to debate an obvious winner.

I'm sure if it's In UFC there will be some stipulations. No one is trying to go out like James Tony did. I know Dana is not letting Nunes fight outside of an octagon like he did Connor. Those clips of sheilds and cyborg sparring looked better than 70% of the female fights they put on monthly.

The only boxers I know that could perform at an equal level in mma is andre berto Mike Alvarado and Loma. Berto was pretty much born into it with his upbringing. Alvarado wrestled in HS an college. Loma is Greco Roman champ and spars wit dillashaw regularly.
But back to the topic I could care less who wins I just wanna see one of the two be the baddest woman alive outright, but I think ole girl from Sweden who won the other night deserves a shot at sheilds cause she put on a show

#5 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:19 PM

If they fight in a boxing ring, Nunes will have a better go of it than McGregor did Floyd because Shields is more dominant by default than she is by skill. By that I mean, he skills aren't something we've never seen before. That said, Shields has a serious size advantage over her and if she fights how she did vs Hammer, where she was moving like I've never seen her move before, I think Nunes will be in for a LONG night. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users