• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:52 AM

Hopefully canelo inspires Billy to show up as Billy bad ass and show us his full arsanal of boxing tricks. It looks like he's gonna get the fight he's been asking for for years now.

Im absolutely positively sure it will go to the cards I just can't picture Billy being stupid and getting caught.

The possibility of getting robbed is at an all-time high!!!

My money is on red by corruption,. But I'll be rooting for Billy joe

#2 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 11:07 AM

Kovalev was boxing very well behind that jab but got lax and taken out. If Saunders gets behind that jab and get in and out without getting caught with the big shots he could win easier than expected

#3 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 07:19 PM

If this happened 2 years ago, I'd be more excited about it. I haven't seen Saunders in a big fight in a while. That said, he's a savvy boxer who can frustrate Canelo. However, I don't know if he punches hard enough to keep Canelo off of him. Kovalev had the allure of his power that Canelo had to respect moving up in weight. Not sure Saunders can do the same. I think he'll need to land something significant early to make Canelo respect his power.

• Cshel86 likes this

#4 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 07:43 AM

If this happened 2 years ago, I'd be more excited about it. I haven't seen Saunders in a big fight in a while. That said, he's a savvy boxer who can frustrate Canelo. However, I don't know if he punches hard enough to keep Canelo off of him. Kovalev had the allure of his power that Canelo had to respect moving up in weight. Not sure Saunders can do the same. I think he'll need to land something significant early to make Canelo respect his power.

BJS comes in and out of perfection depending on who he fights or should I say he fights to the level of his competition. I think the punching power actually plays in his favor cause if canelo walks in aggressive like he did against Floyd Billy can easily counter and slip all night. Red may have the power and hand speed but Billy's got quick feet and faster reflexes. If canelo can set up Billy like he's done the rest then outside of beterbiv and benavidez he has no more competition Worth paying to watch

#5 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:15 PM

BJS comes in and out of perfection depending on who he fights or should I say he fights to the level of his competition. I think the punching power actually plays in his favor cause if canelo walks in aggressive like he did against Floyd Billy can easily counter and slip all night. Red may have the power and hand speed but Billy's got quick feet and faster reflexes. If canelo can set up Billy like he's done the rest then outside of beterbiv and benavidez he has no more competition Worth paying to watch

I agree Billy is slick and can create problems. I think the only difference is that Canelo now vs the one who fought Floyd can slip the returning counter punch better. Before he used to do that "turn with the punch" shit that used to annoy me (because he was still being hit). Now he really makes people miss. I think, and I'm guessing you'd agree, that the most important punch of the fight for both sides is the effectiveness of BJS's jab. No?

#6 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,098 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 09:56 AM

Saunders needs to stay on his jab and keep Canelo at the end of his shots....all night long. He's an exceptional boxer and I'm wondering if he can tame and sustain Canelo for 12 rounds. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users