• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Dolimite

Dolimite

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 10:05 AM

Broner stated that he will drop to 135 (ha) to fight Haney for 20 million. He was pissed that he was with Floyd in Miami, go figure. I don't know how good Haney is but beating Broner would be a good measurement. Bronner is skilled but he still an idiot.
  • Cshel86, Franchize and AZWildCat like this

#2 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,152 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 10:21 AM

Broner stated that he will drop to 135 (ha) to fight Haney for 20 million. He was pissed that he was with Floyd in Miami, go figure. I don't know how good Haney is but beating Broner would be a good measurement. Bronner is skilled but he still an idiot.

Man, I like Devin, but he was corny as hell for that post. I take it that he was just talking to his fans to drum up some type of interest and probably didn't mean he actually wanted to fight AB, but I can see why AB took it the way he did. 

Simply put, Broner will beat Devin's ass at this point. At 135? Absolutely not because of the weight and who wants to see a weight-drained fighter fight? At 140, AB dog-walks Devin like he did Theophane. 

#3 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 02:48 PM

Can't lie, I'd be pulling for Haney. Broner lost me as a fan long ago. He got skills, but he doesn't use them. Plus, with his outside of the ring antics, I can't mess with him anymore. So at 135 lbs, I'll take Haney. At 140 lbs, I'll take Haney again. Doubt it happens though. 

You're probably right about Haney getting whupped, but I just can't with AB anymore. Too much of a jackass. #WastedTalent

• Cshel86 likes this

#4 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 02:23 PM

Simply put, Broner will beat Devin's ass at this point. At 135? Absolutely not because of the weight and who wants to see a weight-drained fighter fight? At 140, AB dog-walks Devin like he did Theophane.

Stop it

An @ 35 or 40 still loses

1 he's trigger shy now

2 any step up against "other" talent has looked bad for him

3 it's @ 135, we all know he's not making that and if he does it's gonna be like Chavez jr vs canelo, more time spent losing weight than actually training

The broner that moved to 135 for the first time beats Haney but a dog walk is a stretch by far

Broner is collecting a check and nothing more

#5 Dolimite

Dolimite

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 05:23 PM

Stop it
1 he's trigger shy now
3 it's @ 135, we all know he's not making that and if he does it's gonna be like Chavez jr vs canelo, more time spent losing weight than actually training
The broner that moved to 135 for the first time beats Haney but a dog walk is a stretch by far

He doesn't even fight for pride.
Haney wants a name on his resume. He knows Broner and Davis are friends. He beats one he will be betting on getting the other.

#6 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,152 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 08:02 PM

Stop it

1 he's trigger shy now

1. He won't have to throw many punches against Haney...just walk him down and pressure him. Most guys feel they need to do more when AB's walking them down. Haney moves well, but he's gonna have to land some shit himself and get some respect....it won't be all of that excessive lateral movement. 

2. Do you mean when he's not the center of attention and the other guy actually brings some talent to the show? Lol

3. For $20M....who knows what AB would do. I can't see it, but dammit, if Eddie calls his bluff on that 20 (which he wont), we'll. I really wouldn't wanna it at 35. Think about it, if he makes this one last sacrifice for that much, that may be enough for him to retire for good (if he so chooses). 

The disrespect of Haney to even call out AB is what I think drives AB to be a beast if that fight happens at 140. Now that I think about it, Haney did say he was only going to fight at 135 for one more fight, so this fight could be in the works for the end of the year or early next year at 140. 

Can't lie, I'd be pulling for Haney. Broner lost me as a fan long ago. He got skills, but he doesn't use them. Plus, with his outside of the ring antics, I can't mess with him anymore. So at 135 lbs, I'll take Haney. At 140 lbs, I'll take Haney again. Doubt it happens though. 

You're probably right about Haney getting whupped, but I just can't with AB anymore. Too much of a jackass. #WastedTalent

:lol:

You really think Haney's ready for that pressure though??? Think about it, he'd HAVE to look good against Broner, if not....then the whole "I wanna fight Lomachenko" talks will look real suspect. If AB throws enough punches, he'd be beat Haney....so whatchu think Lomachenko's gonna do to him?

#7 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,951 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 07:56 AM

Don't know if yall caught the Ryan Garcia post fight in ring interview. Ryan didn't really want that smoke. He says he was "turnt up" but that fight will get turned down when that adrenaline wears off lol

I think Haney fighting Broner may be too soon. No way Broner is gonna make 135 first of all, but if he beat Broner, it's officially time to start taking him seriously. Not that Broner is a top tier fighter but that's stepping into big boy territory. I wish Tank and Broner weren't so close because I'd love to see them fight.

Devin also called out Mikey btw

Edited by Franchize, 15 February 2020 - 07:57 AM.

#8 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 10:37 AM

:lol:

You really think Haney's ready for that pressure though??? Think about it, he'd HAVE to look good against Broner, if not....then the whole "I wanna fight Lomachenko" talks will look real suspect. If AB throws enough punches, he'd be beat Haney....so whatchu think Lomachenko's gonna do to him?

Probably not. But only one way to find out is if Haney & Hearn take him up on that $20M offer. I just can't root for AB anymore. Besides, he never lets his hands go anymore. So I don't expect him to all of a sudden get up for Haney. He hasn't done anything of note since Maidana roughed him up. He's trigger shy.

As for Loma, he needs to get by Teo Lopez first, if/when that fight gets made. I got Teo sleeping him.

#9 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 02:26 PM

1. He won't have to throw many punches against Haney...just walk him down and pressure him. Most guys feel they need to do more when AB's walking them down. Haney moves well, but he's gonna have to land some shit himself and get some respect....it won't be all of that excessive lateral movement. 

2. Do you mean when he's not the center of attention and the other guy actually brings some talent to the show? Lol

3. For $20M....who knows what AB would do. I can't see it, but dammit, if Eddie calls his bluff on that 20 (which he wont), we'll. I really wouldn't wanna it at 35. Think about it, if he makes this one last sacrifice for that much, that may be enough for him to retire for good (if he so chooses). 

The disrespect of Haney to even call out AB is what I think drives AB to be a beast if that fight happens at 140. Now that I think about it, Haney did say he was only going to fight at 135 for one more fight, so this fight could be in the works for the end of the year or early next year at 14o

1 When is the last time he "applied" pressure?

2 point taken, but does that mean Haney isn't talented?

3 20 mil should be incentive for anyone to come in the ring and be ready to clobber the opposition but we know Briner won't. He got a nice payday from Garcia and pac but froze up and we shouldn't expect him to do any different than he's been doing. I don't even think he can beat the rougarou or Taylor honestly, the days of dog walking c level or higher opponents for broner is over. He everything but a fighter now.

#10 Dolimite

Dolimite

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 02:38 PM

Did Garcia's punch look pushed versus thrown? It wasn't a follow through punch. I didn't see the power behind it. I know his shit talk with Haney and Davis cooled after his KO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users