Photo

PPV@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT) Wilder vs. Fury II-SPOILERS (No Public Streams)

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 Dolimite

Dolimite

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 10:41 AM

You know what I find funny and I say this all the time....just how in the hell are people walking around saying Fury's the greatest HW right now but in the same breath, they're calling Wilder a bum and a hype job. So, what does that make Fury?

You can't be the greatest HW and so on if you beat a "bum" in Wilder. I just wish people would think before they speak but this is the easiest way to spot a hater and/or casual fan.

You know thinking has been outlawed!

#82 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:10 PM

You know thinking has been outlawed!

Apparently, lol.

Fury did his thing last Saturday and nobody can take it from him! He's fought like that in the past and Wilder wasn't smart enough to defend against it.

Wilder being one of the smaller HWs (frame wise) had no business against the ropes getting leaned on and mauled. The weight disparity has never been a problem but Fury took the right hand away and Wilder was a sitting duck. 

#83 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 04:11 PM

You know what I find funny and I say this all the time....just how in the hell are people walking around saying Fury's the greatest HW right now but in the same breath, they're calling Wilder a bum and a hype job. So, what does that make Fury?

You can't be the greatest HW and so on if you beat a "bum" in Wilder. I just wish people would think before they speak but this is the easiest way to spot a hater and/or casual fan. 

You can't win with Boxing fans. There is no logic in their assessments most of the time, and it's sad because you can get more logic from MMA fans on their fights and what is seen exactly in the ring, but yet Boxing is supposed to be the more Gentlemen sport.

I see. 

Truthfully, the first two rounds were just feints, jabs, and missed right hands from both guys....but Tyson did just a bit more than Wilder. I love the ESPN telecast and how they've contributed to the sport since Ward, Bradley, and Kellerman joined the crew recently. 

However, they were digging and digging at Wilder after the loss and sometimes during the fight. I get it, but I'm starting to not like the attitudes of the staff when a certain guys wins or loses. 

HBO (mainly Lampley) was taking digs throughout the telecast of May/Pac but did it carefully because Berstein kept him in check. Now...the week afterwards...oh boy....HBO cut loose during the Canelo/Kirkland broadcast and expressed their disgust with how "boring" May/Pac was, but had Pac won, their tunes would've been different. 

I felt Ward took a shot at Wilder when Lennox was saying his corner should've been more in tuned with his injuries and "making sure he doesn't get beat up in there" and Ward chimed in (in a sarcastic, "I told ya so" manner) stating, "But that already happened." then followed it with an "I'm just joking" laugh. Not accusing Ward of talking slick but he had to have felt a sense of "hahaha" when Wilder lost because Wilder went at him (via the media) about his assessment of the first Fury fight. 

Tim took his shots, Kellerman did and dammit Tessitore is the leader of the Basket of Deplorables when it comes to waving the pom poms for certain fighters. I'm just glad this rematch didn't take forever to make because I'm sure ESPN and Arum would've had fun laughing at the result. 

As much as I've just said about the telecast, the one thing I can't deny is the fact that they were right about Wilder's performance. I just wish they'd spent more time discussing his injury that led to his poor performance, instead of simply taking digs at his fighting style. Again, they were wrong but it's also their responsibility to tell the fans what's going on.

I noticed blood in Wilder's ear after the 3rd round and it seems to have taken the crew two more rounds to figure it when they also have tv screens in front of them. It could've just been an off-night for most of those guys because they tend to catch things like that early. 

https://www.youtube....h?v=nWY3S2v773Y

Meh, Wilder is wrong for the excuses, but first couple of rounds were competitive at least, and then Wilder gets caught in the 3rd and couldn't recover since. Doesn't look like a fighter that was thoroughly outclassed, just beaten. I'd like to see a rematch to be very sure. Probably not going to get that rematch though, because modern day boxing acts like it's not about the fights, but the fighters that you need to be a fan of. Remember when you could get wars, trilogies, back and forth battles, regardless who won? Now you take an L, and your career is done. Sucks.

#84 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 10:50 AM

You can't win with Boxing fans. There is no logic in their assessments most of the time, and it's sad because you can get more logic from MMA fans on their fights and what is seen exactly in the ring, but yet Boxing is supposed to be the more Gentlemen sport.

https://www.youtube....h?v=nWY3S2v773Y

Meh, Wilder is wrong for the excuses, but first couple of rounds were competitive at least, and then Wilder gets caught in the 3rd and couldn't recover since. Doesn't look like a fighter that was thoroughly outclassed, just beaten. I'd like to see a rematch to be very sure. Probably not going to get that rematch though, because modern day boxing acts like it's not about the fights, but the fighters that you need to be a fan of. Remember when you could get wars, trilogies, back and forth battles, regardless who won? Now you take an L, and your career is done. Sucks.

When you factor in Fury's corner and strategy I would say he was outclassed... that young Trainer was  in Fury's head like Emmanuel

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users