• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 06:20 AM

The war against Capitalism is real.. Lenin, Trotsky, Marx are in hell having a big laugh

• Dolimite likes this

#12 Dolimite

Dolimite

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 09:57 PM

THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • KSUN247 likes this

#13 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 12:34 PM

SUCKS for all sports. Can't believe Dana White is still trying to put on UFC 249. Khabib is stuck in Russia. Was really looking forward to March Madness and a few boxing fights. Wanted to see the Kirkland comeback. Plus, wanted to see the Postol/Ramirez fight. Hopefully, this pandemic dies down within the next month or so and we can get back to semi-normal sports entertainment again.

• Cshel86 likes this

#14 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,161 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 12:54 PM

SUCKS for all sports. Can't believe Dana White is still trying to put on UFC 249. Khabib is stuck in Russia. Was really looking forward to March Madness and a few boxing fights. Wanted to see the Kirkland comeback. Plus, wanted to see the Postol/Ramirez fight. Hopefully, this pandemic dies down within the next month or so and we can get back to semi-normal sports entertainment again.

It's all been one big Shit Show and an inconvenience as far as everything's concerned. My heart and prayers go out to anybody that's lost someone during these times, it's truly sad. 

This whole pandemic is exposing our healthcare system and just how much more help we need in that department, not to mention high medical plans and hospitals not having enough space to house the ill. Smh

I can't believe what's going on right now, but here we are. 

We may as well scrap the boxing schedule til at least August or September, just to be sure and not give our hopes up. On the bright side, this pandemic has given others a sense of perspective, drive, and that final look in the mirror to say, "Hey, take care of yourself from this point on (e.g. saving money/investing, find an essential job or start a business, etc). It's also given people an idea of what they can go on without and some (including me) have realized I have sooooo many things in my house that does me no good (e.g. lots of clothes and shoes, etc). 

At the end of the day, I feel like things will get back to it's normal state and people will exercise more precaution....by choice or by force. I'm currently cleaning up my house, finishing up some projects and getting into 5th gear with that final level of self-sufficiency...owning my own business (plumbing, home renovations, housing development). 

I've been at my current job for 10 years (in June) and it feels great, but I'll admit...the past 3 years have been rough because I struggled to get my spark back and keep working as hard as I used to. Now, shit just makes me madder and madder, but it's more geared towards me dealing with the same type of people for so long. 

I see a lot of things changing around us and I'm sure a lot of it will stay this way as far as jobs and the new need in the workforce. If people aren't out here working to have their own and/or learn new skills, then I truly feel sorry for them. 

There's truly a silver lining in this shit we're going through...folks just have to find it and embrace it.

• Dolimite and KSUN247 like this

#15 Dolimite

Dolimite

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 07:41 PM

I was looking forward to Lopez and Lomachenko. The fight for 15, I just realized Lomachenko has only 14 fights and he considered pound for pound.
I was definitely looking forward to March Madness, especially on the women's side.
Opening Day for baseball! This is completely ridiculous. My sons have been home for almost a month, my ex fiancee been working like crazy, she is an ER physician and her schedule has been crazy. She has had 10 patients with Coronavirus. She won't see our sons out of fear she might be infected. My wife is shook because our daughter just turned and she is extra cautious. I haven't left my house in two weeks. Bless everyone out there still working with the public.
Ryan Garcia's mocking of Davis has been fun to watch, but Davis clips Garcia in 7.
  • Cshel86 and KSUN247 like this

#16 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,161 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 11:55 AM

I was looking forward to Lopez and Lomachenko. The fight for 15, I just realized Lomachenko has only 14 fights and he considered pound for pound.
I was definitely looking forward to March Madness, especially on the women's side.
Opening Day for baseball! This is completely ridiculous. My sons have been home for almost a month, my ex fiancee been working like crazy, she is an ER physician and her schedule has been crazy. She has had 10 patients with Coronavirus. She won't see our sons out of fear she might be infected. My wife is shook because our daughter just turned and she is extra cautious. I haven't left my house in two weeks. Bless everyone out there still working with the public.
Ryan Garcia's mocking of Davis has been fun to watch, but Davis clips Garcia in 7.

Glad to hear everything's pretty stable on your end! Man, you've lived a long life from the strippers to the crazy club nights....now look at you....all responsible and shit! :lol:

Now that I look back...we've been around these forums for damn near 10 years talkin' shit about life and boxing! Lol

Blessings on your end as well, bro! I'm sure this situation will be under control within the next 2-4 weeks and truthfully, I like being in the house, lol. I can't do the whole panic nonsense that I'm seeing out here, but it isn't as bad as the media's portraying. 

Seriously, fuck the media! They're making it seem like the world's coming to an end with their reports. Moreover, I have classmates on social media posting fake news and fear mongering like never before. All this time, most of them average 2-3 likes on memes and post word salads all day, but they want everybody to believe their conspiracies. FOH!

Then you have people that'll go to work alllll day, then get on social and post stuff to make others afraid, but they're planning vacations for the fall. I can't just get with it, but that's how things are now. Lol

#17 Dolimite

Dolimite

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 04:02 PM

Glad to hear everything's pretty stable on your end! Man, you've lived a long life from the strippers to the crazy club nights....now look at you....all responsible and shit! :lol:

Now that I look back...we've been around these forums for damn near 10 years talkin' shit about life and boxing! Lol

Blessings on your end as well, bro! I'm sure this situation will be under control within the next 2-4 weeks and truthfully, I like being in the house, lol. I can't do the whole panic nonsense that I'm seeing out here, but it isn't as bad as the media's portraying. 

Seriously, fuck the media! They're making it seem like the world's coming to an end with their reports. Moreover, I have classmates on social media posting fake news and fear mongering like never before. All this time, most of them average 2-3 likes on memes and post word salads all day, but they want everybody to believe their conspiracies. FOH!

Then you have people that'll go to work alllll day, then get on social and post stuff to make others afraid, but they're planning vacations for the fall. I can't just get with it, but that's how things are now. Lol

I stopped watching the news. Like half of America I been watching Tiger King and all things Netflix. I meant to say my daughter just turned 3, so it is definitely a change. My life has been interesting, 35 changes your prospective. I love being home, the best. Los Angeles looks like a ghost town compared to what it normally looks like. All the thugs were out last night on the anniversary of Nipsy Hustle's death. That was interesting. I rewatched Holyfield and Lewis, then I watched De la Hoya and Ike Quarty, I swear Oscar lost that fight, gift city.

#18 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,161 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 04:49 PM

I like how Dana White’s approach about putting on events is pissing promoters and some spectators off! The sad thing is, somebody’s just waiting for the outcome of the next MMA event (about a 14-day window after the fight) to see if anything goes wrong.

After that, we may start seeing some boxing events sooner than later. Hearn’s talking about doing some events with no fans, which isn’t as bad as most think (as fans as the television audience)! Showtime is going to replay a fight from March 13th with no audience and I’ll be the first to tell you the fights were better than expected!

Also....

How is everybody holding up?
  • KSUN247 likes this

#19 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 01:57 PM

Doing ok on my end. Just patiently waiting for Vegas to eventually open back up for some type of live entertainment.  This place is a ghost town as are many other cities.

Speaking of boxing, There was a live event this past weekend in Nicaragua. Saw video clip of Chocolatito entering the arena. Face masks, hand sanitizer and temperature readings for everyone entering. 

Maybe, this will be the new norm with very reduced crowds and social distancing spacing. Lots of money to be lost, if you can only sell maybe 1/2 or 1/3 of the seating capacity. Pay-per-view or streaming is maybe the best way to go until this is over. Also, fighter salaries are really gonna drop and revenue from these events is gonna take a big hit. 

https://www.espn.com...-card-nicaragua

• Cshel86 likes this

#20 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,161 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 08:01 AM

Doing ok on my end. Just patiently waiting for Vegas to eventually open back up for some type of live entertainment.  This place is a ghost town as are many other cities.

Speaking of boxing, There was a live event this past weekend in Nicaragua. Saw video clip of Chocolatito entering the arena. Face masks, hand sanitizer and temperature readings for everyone entering. 

Maybe, this will be the new norm with very reduced crowds and social distancing spacing. Lots of money to be lost, if you can only sell maybe 1/2 or 1/3 of the seating capacity. Pay-per-view or streaming is maybe the best way to go until this is over. Also, fighter salaries are really gonna drop and revenue from these events is gonna take a big hit. 

https://www.espn.com...-card-nicaragua

That's great to hear! I know that was crazy seeing Vegas basically empty and not being able to gamble here and there. Lol

Georgia damn near reopened the whole State a couple of weeks ago and people floooooded the streets like nothing happened....now we have more cases as of this week (and counting). Smh. I've gotten used to cleaning everything and staying away from sick/nasty ass people....been doing it pre-Corona and I won't stop. 

I won't lie....I enjoyed the pandemonium a bit, mainly because there wasn't a lot of traffic and the stores weren't so crowded, lol. I work from home throughout the week and I've found more time to read, research and set the ground work for my new business (residential contractor)!

I'm not even sure I want to go back to work after all of this is over because I'm still able to go into people's houses and work to make money on the side. It's a process but I'm going head first....I've waited this long to make it legit and it's time to make it happen! 

I'm wondering how boxing's gonna look when they're given the green light to have massive crowds. I can see them staging frequent events and adding people as the events get bigger. I certainly can't see a major fight happening by the end of the year, but stranger things have happened. 

I know one thing...the pressure's gonna be real coming from the networks and investors of these events...somebody's gonna snap out of it and start putting pressure on others to stage these events. If I don't know anything else, I know the powers to be won't go on too long without making a profit. Most people are afraid and aren't risk-takers, which is why big companies exist and still operate.

If you think about it...the country seems to be running two weeks at a time when it comes to these reported Co-Vid cases, so I can see one promoter watching one promoter stage a fight then they'll follow suit with exponentially larger numbers, then we'll be back to normal. There's too much money to lose with big fights, so I can see a lot of prospects and contenders getting the undivided attention they deserve in the next couple of months!

• KSUN247 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users