• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 10:24 AM

UFC is putting on an event this weekend. Dana White is just dying to be the next guy to put on a live sports show in the US. WWE has been doing this for a while now since WWE was deemed essential business in Florida. UFC 249 will be on PPV and ESPN is pushing it hard. If it turns out to be a semi-successful event, then I can see the boxing promoters and networks start to do their thing.  

Follow a few boxers and MMA folks on social media. They are anxiously waiting to get back into the ring/octagon. Just wonder, if we'll see major fights with smaller purses? I think the big $$$ contract fights are all but gone. That Canelo/DAZN deal is the last we'll see for a while.  Bob Arum is already talking about fighters taking pay cuts. Wonder what DAZN and PBC guys will do. 

Can't wait to see some action, but I do want all parties involved to be safe and reasonably compensated for their actions. 

• Cshel86 likes this

#22 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,161 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 10:03 PM

UFC is putting on an event this weekend. Dana White is just dying to be the next guy to put on a live sports show in the US. WWE has been doing this for a while now since WWE was deemed essential business in Florida. UFC 249 will be on PPV and ESPN is pushing it hard. If it turns out to be a semi-successful event, then I can see the boxing promoters and networks start to do their thing.  

Follow a few boxers and MMA folks on social media. They are anxiously waiting to get back into the ring/octagon. Just wonder, if we'll see major fights with smaller purses? I think the big $$$ contract fights are all but gone. That Canelo/DAZN deal is the last we'll see for a while.  Bob Arum is already talking about fighters taking pay cuts. Wonder what DAZN and PBC guys will do. 

Can't wait to see some action, but I do want all parties involved to be safe and reasonably compensated for their actions.

Dana gives zeeeero f*cks, he’s just ready to stage an event to throw in people’s faces later on, lol. One of the guys on the UFC card tested positive for tha shit and the show goes on anyway. :lol: I shouldn’t be laughing but you can’t make this stuff up.

I read Arum’s hogwash about fighters taking smaller guarantees as though he hasn’t been shafting fighters for years! Lol. He would be the one to suggest something like this but he’s actually right this time...in a sense.

I believe we’ll see some heads popped up like gophers a couple of weeks after 249...especially if there aren’t many reported cases as a result of this event. Promoters can say what they want about Dana, but they’re bashing him for doing something that eventually had to be done (read: be the first to stage a live event and wait to be criticized about possible CO-VID transmission). Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users