• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dolimite

Dolimite

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 03:40 PM

I loved watching Sergio Martinez fight. He was smooth in the ring. His big fight was supposed to be against Paul Williams. After he dismantled Chavez Jr. I know his knees gave out. Sergio was a hellva fighter. He wants to come back and fight some guy named Kermane Larejegga or some shit. Dude has been out the game for a minute. He should stay retired.
Floyd has been back in the gym, I just think it is for therapeutic reasons. The losses of his uncle, children's mother, and his daughter being dumb, gym is therapy. Hope yawl are staying safe. NBA playoffs would be starting next Sunday...😔

#2 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,161 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 10:19 AM

If Sergio was 40, I'd say "cool, give it two more fights and let it be," but he's 45...too damn close to 50 if you ask me. If his knees gave him that much in his mid-30's, then they'll surely give him the finger if he tries to put 'em to use at 45. Lol

We're just talking about his knees here....we haven't even discussed other nagging injuries he's nursed during and after his career. I love the fact that some guys are just athletic and are able to call on their cat-like reflexes at an old age and still be a half-step faster than current fighters...

Sergio isn't one of those guys. 

#3 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,952 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 07:20 AM

His knees are going to sound like bubble wrap. He needs to sit his ass down somewhere before he gets seriously hurt. Boxing aint the sport to try to figure out if you still got it. Floyd don't need to comeback either. 

Edited by Franchize, 13 April 2020 - 07:21 AM.

• Cshel86 likes this

#4 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 11:07 AM

If it's a charity event let it happen but if he's making a comeback someone sit him down and give him a we love you speech.....

In other news, does anyone know why Chavez jr is weighing 165 with no fight lined up? Blew my mind on Instagram a few days ago
  • Cshel86 likes this

#5 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 11:08 AM

If it's a charity event let it happen but if he's making a comeback someone sit him down and give him a we love you speech.....

In other news, does anyone know why Chavez jr is weighing 165 with no fight lined up? Blew my mind on Instagram a few days ago

#6 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,161 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 04:51 PM

Did they test him? He’s always been a pot advocate...maybe he’s moved on to other things. Just a thought.

#7 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,161 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 08:08 AM

I'm just gonna leave this right here for anybody that's interested. Lol

https://www.boxingsc...h-other--148672

• KSUN247 likes this

#8 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 10:30 AM

I'm just gonna leave this right here for anybody that's interested. Lol

https://www.boxingsc...h-other--148672

I don't want to see it, but I'll watch it. It's gonna be like watching a train/car wreck. You just can't turn away from watching it. 

• Cshel86 likes this

#9 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,161 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 09:49 PM

I don't want to see it, but I'll watch it. It's gonna be like watching a train/car wreck. You just can't turn away from watching it.

:lol:

Knowing Maidana...they may do this shit at Cruiserweight. Sergio’s knees are bad so he wouldn’t have to do much road work to lose weight (in this case) and we also wouldn’t have to wait a whole year for Chino to lose weight if they did it at CW.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users