• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 01:56 PM

So there's been a couple of videos and pictures going around suggesting that Fury fought with Maidana-esque gloves. At first, I saw the title and thought "man I hope Wilder ain't makin excuses for why he lost" but no. Wilder didn't say much about it. I won't say Fury cheated but those gloves definitely don't look fully padded and the videos I saw he did keep fidgeting with his gloves during breaks. What say ye?

#2 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,167 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 12:45 PM

So there's been a couple of videos and pictures going around suggesting that Fury fought with Maidana-esque gloves. At first, I saw the title and thought "man I hope Wilder ain't makin excuses for why he lost" but no. Wilder didn't say much about it. I won't say Fury cheated but those gloves definitely don't look fully padded and the videos I saw he did keep fidgeting with his gloves during breaks. What say ye?

The glove talks have resurfaced after months. Is it the same accusation or something different? 

#3 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 11:47 PM

The glove talks have resurfaced after months. Is it the same accusation or something different? 

First I'm hearing it. At first I just thought it was Wilder and his camp being salty. Wilder actually brushed it off and this came from a disgruntled person within Fury's camp allegedly. The pics I saw don't look good and the photographer who took em said they're not doctored. All I know is, I can see Fury's entire knuckles n fingers. 

/btw, i been saying this for a while but I think horse hair gloves should be banned. 

#4 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,167 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 08:36 AM

First I'm hearing it. At first I just thought it was Wilder and his camp being salty. Wilder actually brushed it off and this came from a disgruntled person within Fury's camp allegedly. The pics I saw don't look good and the photographer who took em said they're not doctored. All I know is, I can see Fury's entire knuckles n fingers. 

/btw, i been saying this for a while but I think horse hair gloves should be banned. 

Sheesh....I just saw a couple of videos and HOPED those pics were photoshopped. Smh

I remember hearing about this whole glove situation back in March but people were speaking about his gloves in the first fight (according to the pics at that time) but nothing about the rematch. Now...now, I'm seeing pics from the rematch and they're just as telling as the first fight. 

I don't know, man. Fury's been able to get by with failed drug tests and such in the past, so this doesn't surprised. Somewhere in my mind, I want this to be false but it's looking to be more truthful nowadays. Hell, even Steve Cunningham brought up the glove situation but I wish he'd mentioned this sooner...now it sorta sounds like sour grapes. 

If this proves to be true, Deontay could possibly take the edge off the ass-whooping he took earlier in the year..."possibly" being the operative word here. Still, he was getting touched up so he's still in need of defensive skills at this high level. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users