• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 10:32 PM

"Ya hate to see it" I really like Paulie as a commentator. He made some really ignorant comments and kept digging himself into a further hole however. In today's climate, you gotta be smarter than that and I can't say I blame Showtime for, at the very least, making a smart PR move. I hope they replace him with someone good and not a bozo. 

• Cshel86 likes this

#2 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 04:10 PM

Bad comment by Malignaggi but Haney should be called to account for his bigoted comment-- 

• Cshel86 likes this

#3 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,198 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 10:33 PM

I like Paulie and I’m pissed to see him go! Should he have kept his comment to himself? Yes. Why? Because it cost him and he truly didn’t hang himself by stating a double standard regarding race. Haney is young and dumb and I expected nothing less regarding his comment saying, “a white boy will never beat me”.

Stop it.

Paulie was right....black fighters can say whatever they want regarding race or some can make all-out bigot remarks with no consequences. What I’ve noticed is a lot my people saying and doing things under the guise of, “Everybody’s racist” and get away with it. Desean Jackson, Nick Cannon and Stephen Jackson got a little too excited and got put on ice for it.

Now we have a corny young buck of a paper champion feeling he can say and do what he wants and we lost a formidable commentator. I don’t like the trade-off.

Truthfully, Paulie’s pushed the line a few times with PED comments about Canelo and Pacquiao and a couple other candid comments he’s made... there’s no way his response to Haney warranted a release but I may be missing a few details.
  • MAHDI likes this

#4 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 04:38 PM

I like Paulie and I’m pissed to see him go! Should he have kept his comment to himself? Yes. Why? Because it cost him and he truly didn’t hang himself by stating a double standard regarding race. Haney is young and dumb and I expected nothing less regarding his comment saying, “a white boy will never beat me”.

Stop it.

Paulie was right....black fighters can say whatever they want regarding race or some can make all-out bigot remarks with no consequences. What I’ve noticed is a lot my people saying and doing things under the guise of, “Everybody’s racist” and get away with it. Desean Jackson, Nick Cannon and Stephen Jackson got a little too excited and got put on ice for it.

Now we have a corny young buck of a paper champion feeling he can say and do what he wants and we lost a formidable commentator. I don’t like the trade-off.

Truthfully, Paulie’s pushed the line a few times with PED comments about Canelo and Pacquiao and a couple other candid comments he’s made... there’s no way his response to Haney warranted a release but I may be missing a few details

Excellent points made. Haney's statement was stupid and reflecting ignorance. There is no excuse for what he said. Haney is not victim of racial discrimination in the sport. He should have been made to apologize by his handlers. He can take his ass to a Black Lives Matter rally in his off time, but keep his mouth shut with the nonsense

#5 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,198 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 10:26 AM

Excellent points made. Haney's statement was stupid and reflecting ignorance. There is no excuse for what he said. Haney is not victim of racial discrimination in the sport. He should have been made to apologize by his handlers. He can take his ass to a Black Lives Matter rally in his off time, but keep his mouth shut with the nonsense

Exactly! Nobody pushed the line and put Devin in a place to even make that statement...it was pure entitlement and cockiness. And you're right, he's NOT a victim of racial discrimination, so I don't get where it came from. Was he trying to "speak for the people" because we've all seen where that gets you if you aren't careful. 

Though I don't agree with the "apology tour" nonsense going on, he should've took it upon himself to make that right because it wasn't called for. Either he apologize or get what Hopkins got when he lost to Calzaghe for making the same type of statement. 

I believe in racism and racial injustice but there's a time and place for a lot of the actions that some file under "it's racist". Sometimes, their unwarranted actions make things worse. Again, nobody forced Devin to say this and I don't see where he found it in him to even say that dumb shit. 

People need to be held accountable for saying things that incite riots and more racism...especially when it's uncalled for. Not every black person out here is being oppressed but let the squeaky wheel get the oil and this is what he get. I want us to lock in and get our economics together instead of talking crap about white people and expecting those same white people to take care of us. I find that part hard to understand. 

• MAHDI likes this

#6 Dolimite

Dolimite

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 09:44 PM

Hey fellas! Shit has been crazy! This COVID19 has fucked everything up. My ex who's doctor got it and so did my coworkers. Everyone is fine, it was scary. I haven't been doing shit since March. I got a full Philly beard. Paulie is an idiot to make those comments in this climate. Plain and simple
  • Cshel86 and KSUN247 like this

#7 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,198 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 07:18 PM

Hey fellas! Shit has been crazy! This COVID19 has fucked everything up. My ex who's doctor got it and so did my coworkers. Everyone is fine, it was scary. I haven't been doing shit since March. I got a full Philly beard. Paulie is an idiot to make those comments in this climate. Plain and simple

Damn! I’m glad everything’s better on your end, bro. Is this more a break from work for you or are you able to work from home? I heard Cali’s numbers have been a bit crazy (if that’s where you still live nowadays) along with those damn fires.

I’m still in the mind of the possibility of Showtime looking for a reason to give Paulie his walking papers, so to speak. I may be reading a bit too much into it, but it seemed like Paulie was getting fed up with the way boxing’s been over the past 3 years (since Canelo got popped for PEDs and got a slap on the wrist).

Not only that, but Showtime’s boxing schedule seemed to decline last year and they got scraps after Fox filled those tv slots like they did.

PS: You know damn well you can’t grow a beard when your sideburns grow like Tank’s.

#8 Dolimite

Dolimite

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 06:11 PM

Damn! I’m glad everything’s better on your end, bro. Is this more a break from work for you or are you able to work from home? I heard Cali’s numbers have been a bit crazy (if that’s where you still live nowadays) along with those damn fires.
I’m still in the mind of the possibility of Showtime looking for a reason to give Paulie his walking papers, so to speak. I may be reading a bit too much into it, but it seemed like Paulie was getting fed up with the way boxing’s been over the past 3 years (since Canelo got popped for PEDs and got a slap on the wrist).
Not only that, but Showtime’s boxing schedule seemed to decline last year and they got scraps after Fox filled those tv slots like they did.
PS: You know damn well you can’t grow a beard when your sideburns grow like Tank’s.

I usually travel for 4 months out the year to get new investors, all that got shut dowm. The furthers I been since COVID19 is Temecula, near San Diego. I been mainly working from home but business has definitely taken a hit, I'm just glad no one I know has been killed from this. No sideburns!!! Just a beard and a much needed haircut.

Tank looks focused!!! I think Showtime should get a solid replacement for Paulie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users