• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,793 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 07:48 PM

For all comments on the WBC Supper Middleweight Title fight tonight on Showtime's Triple Header Benavidez  failed to make weight and lost the title on the scale,  Only Angulo can win the championship tonight.

Jack

#2 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 08:18 AM

Unprofessional for Benavidez to not make weight and lose his title on the scales. He needs to go ahead and just move up to 175 lbs.

He punished Angulo and got the corner stoppage late.

Good show of skills, but wanna see him and Caleb Plant fight. The animosity is there. Both are with PBC, so it shouldn't be an issue. Benavidez has the power advantage, but Plant has the slight skills advantage. I'll take Plant by SD.

Saw a few rounds of the Co-main Event. Didn't think "Rolly" Romero was doing that great vs Jackson Marinez. Rolly got a UD victory.

#3 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,198 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 01:11 PM

Decent night of boxing on Showtime and I’m sure most are ready for the upcoming bouts!

I didn’t know what to make of the Kauffman/Wallin fight but I’ve read that Kauffman’s called it a career. The preflight discussion of him contemplating retirement in the event of consecutive losses didn’t give me the idea he was gonna go out there and give it his all. I appreciate everything’s he’s done in the division if he is indeed calling it a career.

Rolly...this Rolly kid has been on my IG timeline for the past couple of weeks and he didn’t give me a reason to be a fan of his. He overcommitted to every punch throughout the fight and came off as a one trick pony. Marinez boxed beautifully and countered Rolly all night long. He took some of his best shots and still fought a disciplined fight...just to get jobbed the way he did. Smh. This Rolly kid is getting trolled so bad on social media but he knew he got a gift. Lol

I had no interest in the Benavidez fight but managed to get through 5 rounds before losing interest. We hear so much about this kid’s age and how he’s growing out of the division and so on, but, he’s still a professional athlete. He knows better.

He has basically delayed the idea of a Plant/Benavidez unification bout and the only ones who that can fix it is himself and Sulaimán. I’m sorry, but I just didn’t like his attitude about missing weight.
  • KSUN247 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users