Photo

ESPN@10PM(ET)7PM(PT)- Lomachenko vs Lopez- SPOLIERS (No Public Steams)

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#121 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:07 AM

The clean punches were landed by Loma. People talking like Lopez put on dominant performance and that just is not the case. He did not win this and as good a champ Loma has been to hear people dis him as great white hype is bullshit. Loma got started a bit late but he worked Lopez over who looked on the verge of being stopped. I just did not see enough punches landed by Lopez to give him the win and he leave with all the belts. Bullshit but hey enjoy the moment Lopez 😆 😆

Edited by MAHDI, 18 October 2020 - 08:12 AM.

#122 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:40 AM

Rounds 8-11 Loma landed cleaner and possibly harder shots, but not in rounds 1-7. Teo touched his body more than Loma did him. Gotta score round by round. ESPN punch stats prior to the final favored Teo. Loma didn't throw punches early is why he lost the fight. 

• Franchize likes this

#123 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,996 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 09:36 AM

The clean punches were landed by Loma. People talking like Lopez put on dominant performance and that just is not the case. He did not win this and as good a champ Loma has been to hear people dis him as great white hype is bullshit. Loma got started a bit late but he worked Lopez over who looked on the verge of being stopped. I just did not see enough punches landed by Lopez to give him the win and he leave with all the belts. Bullshit but hey enjoy the moment Lopez

Nobody here is really saying he dominated. They're saying Loma didn't do shit to win and in the final round, even if you had it a close fight, Lopez fought like the champion. HE simply wanted it more than Loma did. Loma fought as if it was a 15 round fight. It's really simple. You admitted it. Loma admitted it. He gave up a bunch of rounds. I don't care how "dominant" Loma was in the rounds he won. He didn't score a 10-8 round. Mathematically, he pissed the fight away. It's simple. If you give away the first half of a fight and then lose the last round...you lose the fight unless you score KD. 

Also, Loma did land cleanly in the 4 rounds I gave him but it wasn't like he had Teo dazed or out on his feet. Loma started landing and got cocky. He AND HIS COACH, clearly thought "yea, just like we thought. Time to turn it on and get this young boy out of here." Lopez had other plans. He basically said, "I've come to far to let a guy spot me 7 rounds and wilt under pressure." 

Stop making this shit about race. Loma is a great fighter. He just lost. Clearly...

Edited by Franchize, 18 October 2020 - 09:36 AM.

#124 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 09:57 AM

Lopez hit gloves majority of the night...Someone above said LOMA had the red carpet rolled out for him because he was white. All over people talking how glad they are the White hype was defeated..Bullshit... In my eyes this was a draw at best. I am no judge so Lopez can enjoy the moment..we will see how long he holds the belts

Edited by MAHDI, 18 October 2020 - 11:59 AM.

#125 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,996 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 10:34 AM

Lopez hit gloves majority of the night...Someone above said LOMA had the red carpet rolled out for him because he was white. All over people talking how glad they are the White hype was defeated..Bullshit... In my eyes this was a draw at best. I am no judge so Lopez can enjoy the moment..we will see how long he holds the belts

Methinks you should stop reading troll comments on the internet. Loma is a great fighter. He just lost last night. Rounds wise, it really wasn't a close fight numerically. Gloves or not, a blocked punch always beats no punch at all. Loma isn't Floyd. He can't make you miss all night, throw 10 punches a round and dominate a fight. He wasn't deadly accurate himself. He can't expect to win a fight on points when you don't land a single significant punch for 7 rounds. He had Teo in a little bit of trouble but Teo wasn't out on his feet. And in the 12th, Teofimo dominated the round. I really do not get how you saw this fight as anything but a win for Lopez. 

#126 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 10:58 AM

Teo faced some adversity in the fight in the later rounds. Loma was faster and getting off some good shots. He also threw a bunch of punches while Teo was holding on. Think Loma learned that from the Salido fight. Teo showed heart and a good chin. No audio where I was, but read that Teo's dad told him he had the fight won prior to the 12th round. I hate when folks give that advice. Tell them to win the round. Too many crappy scorecards to leave something to chance and the judges. Teo stood his ground and stopped Loma in his tracks. Great 12th round and he grew up last night. He won his Trial by Fire in those Championship Rounds. 

Now Devin (2x Email Champ) is talking trash about Loma. If/When he gets past Gamboa, let's see what he has for Teo/Loma/Tank or is it all just talk?

#127 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,996 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 11:11 AM

Granted, Compubox isn't 100% accurate but....

https://www.boxingsc...h-stats--152555

#128 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 12:13 PM

Hmmmm...interesting compubox stats lmao at Lopez closing the show landing 50 punches...

#129 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,314 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 07:35 AM

I'm sitting here thinking....did they run any commercials during the main event? 

#130 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 09:42 AM

Haney says PUT AN ASTERISK ON THAT UNDISPUTED CLAIM. https://www.badlefth...oxing-news-2020

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users