Photo

PPV/DAZN- Canelo vs. Smith@ 6PM(PT)/8PM(ET)- SPOILERS(No Public Streams or Showtime Card Discussion)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,801 posts

Posted 19 December 2020 - 09:24 AM

For comments on the 168 World Championship Unification Title Fight Here! Bets are how many times Smith will have to KO Canelo just t get a draw in Texas! LOL! Note that the fight is jointly offered on DAZN as part of your monthly or yearly subscription, and also as a PPV.

Any fight streams may only be posted and discussed through PM's.

Jack

#2 pacco_diablo

pacco_diablo

Super Featherweight

• Members
  • 605 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 01:54 AM

The event itself was historical.  Worthy of being remembered.  Through the year of COVID19 I felt the national anthem like I havent in a long time.  I honestly felt proud to be American again, hearing them ladies on that opera that sound.  It was damn good.  They harmonized and I think a lot of us felt it.   Then Canelo comes out to the mariachi band and it felt reminiscent to the fights of old.  The purpose of a successful ring walk... "I'm Here."  Canelo gets a check mark for entering his walk into the competition of showmanship.  It was entertaining.  

#3 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,382 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 10:23 AM

I won't lie....the Canelo we saw Saturday is the same Canelo we saw in the Chavez fight. He wasn't getting tired, he threw endless combinations with damn near full force and he didn't sit between a few rounds. We may need to reopen the Mexican Cattle case and do some searching. 

I watched Smith vs Groves and I didn't see anything he'd have for Canelo. Sergio Mora pointed out Callum's sub par jab and defense throughout the fight. He was merely a more mobile Rocky Fielding and I wasn't okay with that. I hated it. It almost seemed like he just showed up, took a beating and cashed his check. 

I'm one of those guys who are gonna leave the whole, "He had a ton of heart and he took a beating but finished the fight on his feet.". I'm through with that. If you're being marketed as some type of threat and you're an undefeated fighter, why go in there and just lay down? 

Again, NOTHING Callum did on Saturday suggested he should've been in there with Canelo in the first place. He did zero but wants the heart and support of the fans for taking a beating. I cannot. 

Let's see where Canelo goes from here since he's a Super Middleweight nowadays.  

#4 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,382 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 10:24 AM

PS: I always look forward to watching Raymond Ford and Ammo Williams fight when a DAZN card airs! Those guys have promising careers and I hope they stay on point! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users