• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dolimite

Dolimite

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 07:21 PM

Happy New Year's fellas!! I know I been ghost. This got damn Rona and working from has been stressful!
I was talking to a friend and he said that Tim Bradley would take out Shawn Porter. I told homie he was fuckin insane. I would bet on Porter in a UD. Any thoughts?
  • Cshel86 likes this

#2 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 07:56 PM

Don't think Tim would be able to handle the relentless pressure from Porter. He barely survived Provodnikov. He had Tim basically out on his feet. Could have legit been a ref stoppage. Plus, Porter can box. Only thing Shawn gotta watch out for, are those headbutts. Tim had no power. Porter would walk him down on his way to a UD victory.
  • Cshel86 likes this

#3 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,382 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 12:42 PM

Yeah, man...the relentlessness from Porter would be a nightmare for Bradley. The thing about Porter is, he's gonna WORK! Regardless! He sets the pace until his opponent fights back and says otherwise. 

Bradley didn't have the power at 147 to keep anybody off and it showed in his last few fights (aside from JMM who is a 135 pound welterweight). His face didn't hold up and guys weren't as intimidated by him at '47 as they were at '40.

Bradley is relentless in his own right but whose actually broken Porter down over the years and made him look like he wasn't supposed to share the ring with them?

#4 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,382 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 12:45 PM

Happy New Year's fellas!! I know I been ghost. This got damn Rona and working from has been stressful!
I was talking to a friend and he said that Tim Bradley would take out Shawn Porter. I told homie he was fuckin insane. I would bet on Porter in a UD. Any thoughts?

Man, we've all been ghost! And, yes....this Rona is getting old at this point. Notice we haven't heard much about it since the election and it's definitely been a non-talking point since the Capitol Hill fiasco. Trump has been silenced beyond belief and I can only wonder where that leaves black folks...since we're such "victims." 

Biden is a very weak and useless male and the wannabe black queen Headboard Harris is gonna help him run this shit to the ground. I'm not a hardcore right-winger by any stance, but what's right is right and what's wrong is wrong. 

These people are insane. Lol

#5 Franchize

Franchize

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,051 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:14 PM

If I remember correctly, this was actually a possibility and a thread back in the day. I remember saying something along the lines that it would be the most foul-plagued bout in boxing history. Undoubtedly would lead to someone getting headbutted and low blowed. That said, I think Porter and Bradley fight similarly but Porter does most things just a little bit better. I don't think Bradley has the power or boxing skills to keep Porter off of him. I don't think it would be a KO but I think Porter would edge it. Both guys are relentless but Porter's angles and strength I think would be the deciding factor. 

#6 Dolimite

Dolimite

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 12:17 AM

Yeah, man...the relentlessness from Porter would be a nightmare for Bradley. The thing about Porter is, he's gonna WORK! Regardless! He sets the pace until his opponent fights back and says otherwise. 

Bradley didn't have the power at 147 to keep anybody off and it showed in his last few fights (aside from JMM who is a 135 pound welterweight). His face didn't hold up and guys weren't as intimidated by him at '47 as they were at '40.

Bradley is relentless in his own right but whose actually broken Porter down over the years and made him look like he wasn't supposed to share the ring with them?

Headboard Harris?! Got damn man! Can't talk about my former Senator like that.
Congratulations to GA for electing your two new senators. The Kelly broad looks scary as hell.

Back to boxing, I honestly think Shawn would outclass Tim.
Broner is a fuckin joke. He should go back down to 140 and ask for Teo Lopez.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users